(Minghui.org) On September 17, 2013 Mr. Wang Jian's lawyer went to the Dalian Detention Center to meet Mr. Wang, a Falun Gong practitioner, who had been held at the center over one year. The detention center said Mr. Wang Jian was not there. After making inquiries it was learned that the detention center secretly transferred Mr Wang to Liaonan Prison.

Prior to September 11, Mr. Wang's family had asked the detention center if a lawyer could visit Mr. Wang. The detention center notified them that a lawyer could not visit Mr. Wang immediately, but they could come the next week. Sources said Mr. Wang had begun a hunger strike to protest his illegal sentencing starting in early September, and he had been on the strike for 10 days. His family was worried about his physical condition, so they asked for a lawyer to visit him.

On July 6, 2012 Falun Gong practitioner Wang Jian had been arrested at his workplace (Dalian City Commercial Bank, Sajian Branch) by the Zhongshan District Domestic Security Division. This group of police went to Mr. Wang's home for a raid after they grabbed the key from Mr. Wang. They opened the door while Mr. Wang's seventy year old father was cleaning vegetables. He was very frightened, seeing three people break into his home suddenly. Upon inquiry he was told that they were from Zhongshan District Domestic Security Division. They had arrested Mr. Wang for installing NTDTV television receivers.

On the same day police from Dalian City Police Department and Domestic Security Division arrested a total of nearly 100 people. Nearly 30 people were detained, around 20 people were sent to a labor camp, one person was tortured to death, and several more people were disabled. Dozens of families were split up as result of these arrests. The persecution still continues.

Qu Gaoyang, deputy director of the Minzhuguangchang Police Branch Station, was in charge of this raid. A young policeman whose last name is Qin, police number 210125, took custody of Mr. Wang's father. He did not allow him to answer the phone or open the door to receive guests. This policeman Qin rummaged everywhere. The raid lasted until about 5:00 pm. They took the Wang family's computers, printers, and other personal belongings and large amounts of cash. The looted items filled a police vehicle. They also took away Mr. Wang's vehicle. A person who claimed to be from the Broadcasting Bureau removed their satellite receiver and took it away. They did not provide a search warrant or any other legal documents.

Because they could not find any evidence that Mr. Wang committed any crime, Wang's case was moved from the Zhongshan Procuratorate to the Shahekou Procuratorate. Mr. Wang's family quickly hired a lawyer. On November 15 his lawyer submitted documentation to the court, and discovered the Shahekou court wanted to try Mr. Wang on November 21, 2012. The family, lawyer and Mr. Wang had not been made aware of this by the court.

At 10:00 am of November 21, Mr. Wang's father and relatives finally saw Mr. Wang in court. He was looking pale. In court, Mr. Wang lawyer made a strong defense of Mr. Wang's innocence. He pointed out that no organization or individual has the right to ignore the Constitution and the law. They cannot use their words as law, use their power to override the law, or bend the law to their selfish ends. Mr. Wang's case is a typical example of the authoritarian behavior of using a person's words as law and the abuse of power.

The lawyer rightly pointed out that Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Wang did not break any law. He also pointed out that the police and judicial personnel had continuously violated the law from arrest to trial. They must unconditionally release Wang.

Mr. Wang's family found Judge Li Bianjiang, and asked him to enforce the law. They asked him to judge Falun Gong on the basis of the law. Li Bianjiang was rude and arrogant. He replied, “Every lawyer wants me to make judgments according to the law, but I know better. I am a CCP member, and I carry out the CCP's orders. It has already been decided internally that Wang Jian will be sentenced to 7 years of imprisonment.”

On December 24, 2012 Mr. Wang's family went to Zhongshan District Procuratorate to complain that policeman Yu Qunbin, Qu Gaoyan, and Zhang Rentao violated regulations by illegally filing the case, illegal detention, and illegal search.

On May 9, 14, and 17 of 2013, the lawyer submitted documents three times to request the release Mr. Wang. But Shahekou District Court in June 2013 still sentenced Mr. Wang to seven years of imprisonment. Mr. Wang and his lawyer appealed. In September a higher court upheld the first verdict without any trial. Mr. Wang is on a hunger strike to protest the verdict. It is unknown whether he is alive or dead.

Dalian Detention Center has been cooperating with the Politics and Law Committee and the 610 Office to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. They often use various excuses to prevent lawyers from meeting with their clients, especially for cases in Zhongshan District. The lawyers have been blocked from meeting their clients. When lawyers argued, the detention center used violence against them. For example, in order to prevent the lawyer Cheng Hai from visiting his client, they twisted his arms and seized his hands. They took off their police uniforms and beat him.