Mr. Pang Zhilan

Mr. Pang Zhilan is a 71-year-old Falun Gong practitioner in the Qinzhou District of Tianshui City, Gansu Province. He was having breakfast at home on August 30, 2013, when he heard someone knock on the door and went to open it. Liu Suyuan, Yang Yongzhou, and Lin Tao from the Qinzhou District Domestic Security Division pushed their way in.

They immediately rushed into the bedroom. Yang Yongzhou grabbed a picture of Master Li Hongzhi and a copy of Zhuan Falun and other books, plus articles, weekly newsletters, and lectures that were on the desk. They took Mr. Pang to the Qinzhou Domestic Security Division for illegal questioning. They let him read the deposition, but it was not clear and he could not read it. Nevertheless they forced him to put his thumbprint on it.

After questioning Mr. Pang, Liu Suyuan, Yang Yongzhou, and an officer named Liu took him to Tianshui City 407 Hospital for a physical. Liu Suyuan wanted to take Mr. Pang home. Mr. Pang refused and said, “I can go myself.” Then he returned home.

Mr. Pang later went to the Domestic Security Division to ask for the list of goods they took from his home, but he was ignored.

Ms. Zhang Peiyun

Ms. Zhang Peiyun’s house was broken into at 3 p.m. on September 3 by six people from Wulipu Community, the Political and Legal Affairs Committee, and the Qilidun Subdistrict Office. They tried to force her to write statements agreeing not to practice Falun Gong and to “transform” her.

Ms. Zhang Aifang

Liu Suyuan, Lin Tao, and two others from Qinzhou Police Department broke into Ms. Zhang Aifang’s home in Sunjiaping on August 27 and threatened to "transform" her. They did not succeed.

On September 10, nine people from Qinzhou Political and Legal Affairs Committee, Justice Bureau, Yuquan Town Justice Office, and Sunjiaping Village neighborhood committee went to her home nine days in a row, causing an uproar in the neighborhood.

Ms. Zhang Aifang was beaten by seven officers from Qiliqun Police Station on July 8, 2003. She was hung from a tree for five days, and beaten black and blue.

In 2004, she was illegally arrested by Feng Jitang from the Maiji District Domestic Security Division. She was beaten so severely she nearly died.

When her child saw a police car on the way to school, she rushed back home because she was terrified that the police were coming for her mother again.