(Minghui.org) Ms. Li Fanli, a 35-year-old Falun Gong practitioner in Jinan, Shandong Province, sued the Lixia District Police Department in Xilia District Court on November 7, 2012, requesting that the police department revoke its administrative detention order.

Ms. Li, her husband, and their eight-year-old daughter were arrested by officers from the Lixia District Domestic Security Division and the Quanchenglu Police Station on August 7, 2012. The next day, Ms. Li was sent to serve 15 days of detention. Ms. Li's suit will require the Lixia District Police Department to appear in court. The court accepted the paperwork but has not officially filed the case.

When Ms. Li Fanli was 15 years old, she had major surgery on her stomach as a result of a medical accident. She never fully recuperated and remained very weak. When she was 26, she gave birth to her daughter by C-section, and a long-lasting infection followed. When Ms. Li started practicing Falun Gong in August 2009, her health was restored. She became very kind and easygoing by conducting herself according to the principles of Falun Dafa.

Ms. Li took her daughter to see her mother in another town on August 7, 2012. They were arrested at the train station at 12:30 a.m. for possessing Falun Gong materials by a group of waiting officers. She was interrogated at Quanchenglu Police Station.

Officers from the Lixia Police Department went to Ms. Li's home at 3:00 a.m., but her husband refused to open the door. The officers broke in through the window, confiscated their personal belongings, including 30,000 yuan in cash, a laptop computer, cell phones, and a printer. Ms. Li's husband was taken to the police station and locked in a different cell from his wife. Their daughter was left in the hallway. She had to sit on the floor the entire night. Ms. Li and her husband asked to have their cell phones returned so that they could call their relatives to pick up their daughter. The officers refused, claiming that they had to get permission from their supervisors.

The daughter later told her parents that the police had questioned her and demanded to know whether she also practiced Falun Gong and how her mother had been involved in Falun Gong, but she did not answer. The police threatened her and kicked the tables until she began to cry. Ms. Li was sentenced to a 15-day-detention, and her husband and daughter were released. Their terrified eight-year-old daughter spent over 24 hours in the police station.

The child developed a headache on August 8. Ms. Li fainted in the detention center, and her family took her home. Her daughter started having more and more symptoms of fear over time. She developed a fever easily from time to time and often had headaches and pain in her eyes.

The couple asked Quanchenglu Police Station and Lixia Domestic Security Division to apologize to their daughter, but the authorities refused. The couple filed a lawsuit with the Lixia District Court. The court refused to hear the case, because “the plaintiff is a child.” Ms. Li then charged the Lixia Police Department, requesting that the court revoke the administrative detention. The court has been trying to delay filing the paperwork.