Torture Methods Used at the Fenjin Brainwashing Center
(Minghui.org) The Fenjin Brainwashing Center in Jilin Province was disintegrated on December 18, 2012. It was established on September 4, 2012, by the Jilin Political and Legal Affairs Committee (PLAC), and it specialized in persecuting and “transforming” Falun Gong practitioners. The brainwashing center was involved in the arrests of more than 40 practitioners from Changchun City and the surrounding areas. Some of the practitioners were threatened with detention in forced labor camps.
Below are some of the torture methods used at the Fenjin Brainwashing Center:
1. Prolonged standing: Practitioners were forced to stand and keep the pose for a long period of time. In the meantime, they were forced to watch videos that slandered Falun Gong. The center's personnel would sometimes draw circles on the ground and order a practitioner to stand inside a circle. Collaborators were ordered to watch the practitioners so that they would not step outside of the circle. The prolonged standing in one position caused swelling and pain in the practitioners' feet, calves, and back, as well as frequent urination and increased blood pressure. A female practitioner in her 60s from Nong'an County developed severe swelling from her knees down. Her blood pressure reached 180 to 210 mmHg, which is severely high, and she was forced to take unknown drugs. Mr. Yan Guozhu and Ms. Li Guiying were also subjected to long-term standing.
2. Prolonged sitting: Practitioners were forced to sit and keep the pose for a long period of time. In the meantime, they were forced to watch videos that slandered Falun Gong.
3. Sleep deprivation: Guards deprived practitioners of sleep for long periods of time. They also brainwashed, cursed at, and insulted practitioners. Many practitioners became delirious, tired, and weak. Mr. Ma Guohua was forced to urinate on himself twice and developed high blood pressure due to the numerous rounds of torture.
4. Forced drug administration: Practitioners were often forced to ingest unknown drugs.
5. Freezing: The temperature in Jilin often drops to -4 degrees F in November and December. Mr. Yan Guozhu's clothes were once stripped off, and he was forced to sit by an open window to the point of becoming frozen.
6. Tied up: Ms. Zhang Aixiu's limbs were tied with rope to the four posts of an iron bed. The rope cut into her skin and caused excruciating pain.
7. Counting ribs: Several personnel would push practitioners to the ground and vigorously knead their ribs. In the meantime, they would viciously squeeze the practitioners' inner thighs while insulting Dafa and its Teacher. The kneading would cause sharp pain, and the rib cage would become swollen. Mr. Ma Guohua and Ms. Li Guiying were tortured with this method.
8. Slapping the face: The personnel would continuously slap practitioners across the face, swearing at them while doing so. This torture resulted in dizziness and tinnitus. Ms. Li Guiying, Mr. Yan Guozhu, and Ms. Zhang Aixiu were subjected to this torture method.
9. Brutal beatings: Several personnel would severely punch and kick the practitioners. The practitioners would often fall to the ground and writhe in pain. The practitioner from Nong'an and Ms. Li Guiying were subjected to this torture method.
Torture re-enactment: brutal beatings
10. Slander Dafa and its Teacher: Li Keju enlightened along an evil path and was hired with a high salary to persecute practitioners in the brainwashing center. Li often stomped on photos of Falun Gong's Teacher and swore at Dafa to threaten practitioners. Another of the center's personnel, Li Xiaoyan, and another woman, Jin, tore Dafa books to shreds and stuffed the pieces into Ms. Li Guiying's clothes and pants. They also viciously slandered Dafa and its Teacher.
11. Limited restroom use: Practitioners who refused to “transform” were not allowed to use the restroom.
12. Not allowed to wash, shower, or wash clothes: The collaborators did not allow practitioners who refused to “transform” to wash, shower, or wash their clothes. The collaborators would then mock the practitioners.
13. Deny family visits: Family visits were denied to practitioners who refused to “transform.”