(Minghui.org) Under the direction of the Tonghua City 610 Office and Dongchang District 610 Office, the police arrested seven practitioners on November 22, 2010, and sent them to a brainwashing center. The following is an account of some of the perpetrator's bad deeds.

Arbitrary Arrest

On November 22, 2012, a group of police went to Mr. Wang Jingjie’s food store in the Tongjiang District at 6 a.m. They forcibly took Mr. Wang to a brainwashing center. Previously, agents from the 610 Office and community administrative staff as well as police officers attempted to arrest him on September 19. Mr. Wang resisted and more than 100 people witnessed this. That time the agents failed.

Around 7 a.m., agents from the Dongchang District 610 Office, Guangming Police Station and the community came to arrest practitioners Mr. Wang Quanliang (husband) and Ms. Song Guixiang (wife). They first went into a neighbor’s yard and then came in through the fence. Ms. Song Guixiang resisted this illegal arrest and many people came to watch. Agents stuffed the couple into a police van and left.

At 8 a.m. officials also broke into the home of Ms. Song Dianjie, a practitioner who lives on Longquan Street, and arrested her.

Ten agents including Xu Yanqing (Dongchang District 610 Office) and Jing Wen (Dongchang District 610 Office) as well as some from the Laozhan Police Station went to Tonghua City Sanitation Department and arrested Mr. Yang Fujun at his workplace.

Around 3 p.m., 10 agents from the 610 Office and the community as well as police officers arrested 60-year-old Ms. Gao Wenlan at her home.

The arrests went on for one day and the practitioners were then detained at a brainwashing center set up in the Hejia Hotel. Organized by Tonghua 610 Office and Dongchang 610 Office, each street administrative office sent staff to monitor the practitioners 24 hours a day.

The district government spent more than 100,000 yuan on the brainwashing session. Each street administrative office also had to pay money depending on how many practitioners in that region were arrested. Officials rented 11 rooms and hired 6 collaborators for this. Each person involved in persecuting practitioners received 50 yuan per day.

Forced Brainwashing, Family Visits Denied

Several brainwashing strategies were implemented: 1) Isolating practitioners and not allowing them to see each other. 2) Many posters slandering Falun Gong were hung throughout the rooms and hallways. 3) Forcing practitioners to watch videos and listen to collaborators that defamed Falun Gong. 4) Threatening practitioners. Many practitioners went on hunger strikes to oppose the mistreatment.

Concerned about their loved ones' safety, the practitioners’ family members came to the brainwashing center to request a visit. They ranged in age from 20 to 80-years-old, and many of them had to leave their jobs to visit. After traveling through the freezing winter and snow, most family members were not allowed to meet detained practitioners other than a brief visit once or twice a month.

The brainwashing center is located on the fourth floor of the Hejia Hotel. Because many family members requested to visit the practitioners, a table was strategically placed on the third floor near the stairs to prevent the family members from easily entering. Sometimes, as soon as they arrived to go upstairs, a group of guards rushed out to stop them.

Many practitioners had symptoms of illness after being detained. Shortly after being placed in the brainwashing center, Ms. Song Guixiang went on a hunger strike to protest. She had a rapid heartbeat and high blood pressure. Although doctors said that she needed to rest, the brainwashing center staff would not allow her to lie down or rest. Her husband, Mr. Wang Quanliang's, blood pressure measured 200.

Mr. Yang Fujun went on a hunger strike to protest the mistreatment. Guards demanded that he take “medicine” and he refused. They force-fed him with medicine so brutally that his eyes became bruised. The fifth day after Mr. Yang went on a hunger strike, several people pressed him down and forced an I.V. into him.

Ms. Song Dianjie also went on a hunger strike to protest. Officials threatened her so viciously, that she was under constant, intense mental pressure. Her family also suffered during this process. Her mother-in-law, already 80 years old, went to the brainwashing center several times to request her release. When officials refused, due to the stress the old woman had a heart attack and nearly died. Ms. Song's daughter is in the 9th grade and she is so worried about her mother that she frequently becomes upset. Because Ms. Song's husband has to work he is thus unable to take good care of his elderly mother and his child.

When Ms. Gao Wenlan saw that posters defaming Falun Gong were hung throughout the hotel hallway, she tore them down. Dongchang District 610 Office head Miao Ying, loudly yelled at the 60-year-old practitioner.

People Mainly Responsible for the Persecution

Xue Yuliang (Tonghua 610 Office deputy head) and Miao Ying (Dongchang District 610 Office head) are mainly responsible for the brainwashing session. Xue participated in the brainwashing center's misdeeds as early as 2002.

As soon as Miao Ying, (38 years old), joined the Dongchang District 610 Office in July 2012 he became very active in persecuting practitioners. Miao Ying and Jing Wen, another member of the Dongchang District 610 Office, are relatives. Jing Wen's father, Jing Guiquan, is the former chief of the Dongchang Domestic Security Division. Jing Guiquan was responsible for the arrest, detention, labor camp detention, and imprisonment of many practitioners. He brutally tortured practitioners and extorted money from their family members. He also harassed female practitioners. Jing Guiquan now has serious illnesses.

Xu Yanqing, (34 years old) is another member of the Dongchang District 610 Office. He once held a syringe with a large gauge needle and threatened to inject practitioners with drugs. When Ms. Song Guixiang went on a hunger strike, he threatened to force-feed her using a syringe with a large gauge needle. Xu and other guards often secretly listened to practitioners talking, or covertly watched them through windows or doors. He even secretly peered through the doors and monitored the cells where female practitioners were detained.

Tian Yuenan (Dongchang Domestic Security Division deputy chief), Cao Qiuxia (deputy political head of Dongchang Domestic Security Division), and Wu Guoqing (member of the Domestic Security Division) went to the brainwashing session several times to threaten practitioners.

Xue Yuliang: +86-13904451512 (Cell)
Miao Ying: +86-13514358799 (Cell)