(Minghui.org) Around 4 or 5 p.m. on June 8, officers from the Liuyuan Police Station in Jinchang District arrested Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Cui Ping from Suzhou as she was going home after work.

At about 7 p.m., two colleagues of Ms. Cui's, including the factory director, came to her house and told her husband, “Something has happened to Cui Ping. The police station wanted us to let your family know about this.” They left shortly after that.

At about 8:30 p.m., seven police officers who claimed to have come from the Jinchang Police Station went Ms. Cui's house to ransack the home. Three of them were in uniform, and the other four were undercover police officers. One of the officers was from the Taohuawu Police Station. They briefly presented a search warrant to Ms. Cui's family, but quickly withdrew it, as they were afraid her family would see the signature on the document.

On June 9, at about 9 p.m., Ms. Cui called her husband and told him that she was detained in the Liuyuan Police Station. She said she had not eaten anything since the previous night, and asked him to bring her some food and clothing. A police officer told her, “If you do the exercises at home, no one cares. I just don't understand why you would come out and hand out fliers. Even if you want to spread Falun Gong to other people, that is fine. But if you give out fliers, the communist authorities will arrest you.”

Ms. Cui's husband went to her workplace to get a leave of absence for her. He was received by five factory directors and a secretary. When he asked how they knew his wife was arrested, they told him that his wife was walking home after work with a colleague when suddenly, the “110” police officers came and arrested her [110 is the emergency dispatch number in China, similar to 911 in the United States]. After Ms. Cui was taken away, her colleague informed their worksplace.

The factory directors told Ms. Cui's husband that according to the labor law, Ms. Cui should be fired, because she practices Falun Gong. They said that the pressure was coming from above, and there was nothing they could do about it. When they were asked whether the pressure was from the Public Security Bureau, they nodded yes.

On June 11, Ms. Cui's husband went to the Liuyuan Police Station to demand her release. An undercover police officer told him that he couldn't release her because he had to follow orders from the Jinchang Police Station. He told him that Ms. Cui could practice Falun Gong at home, but handing out materials on the streets is forbidden. He threatened that if she does this, their son would be denied college entry in the future, and even their grandchildren would be affected.

At present, it is likely that Ms. Cui is detained either in Room 110 of the Lumu Detention Center, in the Shangfangshan Brainwashing Center of Suzhou, or in a hotel where she might be interrogated by the police and subjected to sleep deprivation.

Up until now, Ms. Cui's family has not received any formal document or notification from the authorities regarding her arrest. An undercover police officer told her family that she would be detained for 15 days. However, it is possible that the authorities are trying to collect more so-called evidence in order to frame and charge Ms. Cui.

Police department that made the arrest:
Jinchang Liuyuan Police Station of Suzhou:
Director: Zhang Wen
Director's hotline: +86-18912600600 (Cell)
Fan Liming, police officer from Liuyuan Police Station who also participated in ransacking Ms. Cui's house: +86-13801543438 (Cell)

Please refer to the original Chinese text for more names and telephone numbers.