(Minghui.org) Editors’ Note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely “following orders,” the universal law requires that they too be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.

Taking a tumble may seem like a small or coincidental event, and people often believe that it happens accidentally. The results can be trifling or serious. Below are some cases of people who have tumbled after participating in the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. They exemplify the principle that "one who chooses evil over kindness is knowingly choosing the misfortune that comes along with it."

Falling into a deep ditch after reporting a practitioner to police

Zhang Zhaoyu, around 57, is from Lixi, Qingdao City. In the summer of 2002, in order to get the 500-1,000 yuan reward, he reported two practitioners who came to his village to clarify the facts about Falun Gong. As a result, the practitioners were arrested by officers from the Rizhuang Town Police Station and sent to the Dashan Detention Center the next day. They were sentenced to 2 years of forced labor 40 days later and then sent to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp in Zibo City, Shandong Province.

In the fall of 2006, Zhang Zhaoyu fell into a deep ditch while riding a motorcycle and nearly died. He was rushed to a hospital, and his family spent a lot of money for his medical care. As a result of the accident, he has lost his memory and is mentally disoriented.

Suffering comminuted fractures after persecuting practitioners

Wang Fucai, around 51, is the security director in Wazhuang Village, Rizhuang Town, Qingdao City. In November 1999, Wang Fucai accompanied Wang Wenbo from the Rizhuang Town Police Station to intercept local Falun Gong practitioners who went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. Later, he became even more actively involved in the persecution. He illegally arrested practitioners, blackmailed them, ransacked their homes and committed other crimes.

Shortly thereafter, Wang Fucai fell down while walking. He suffered comminuted fractures in both of his knees and spent over 10,000 yuan on hospital bills.

Suffering retribution for monitoring Falun Gong practitioners

On May 13, 2012, some practitioners gathered in a fellow practitioner's home to celebrate the World Falun Dafa Day. At noon, someone hurriedly knocked on the door. The practitioner who owned the home opened the door a little bit to see who was outside. When she saw that it was her neighbor Luo from upstairs, she did not want to let her in. However, Luo forcefully squeezed her way in, saying that she had dropped her slippers on the balcony. Instead of immediately going to the balcony to retrieve her slippers, however, she walked around and looked around the room. The practitioner knew that looking for her slippers was just an excuse, as Luo really came in to monitor practitioners.

Luo and this practitioner used to be good friends. However, after the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started to persecute Falun Gong in July 1999, Luo stopped being friendly toward this practitioner and tried to stop her from going out to clarify the facts about Falun Gong to people. Luo also collaborated with communist officials to monitor the visitors who came to the practitioner's home. The practitioner tried to help Luo understand that the persecution was wrong, but Luo continued to help the CCP by monitoring practitioners.

On the third evening after the slipper incident, Luo fell in her kitchen. She was sent to the hospital and diagnosed with a cerebral hemorrhage. She died before the scheduled surgery.

Tripping and falling after reporting practitioners to police

Wei Shiling used to be the head of the security section at the Dezhou City Agriculture Machine Factory in Shandong Province. After the CCP started to persecute Falun Gong in 1999, Wei became actively involved in the persecution. He reported practitioners to the police and cooperated with officials to harass practitioners. Whenever he reported a practitioner to the police, he would trip and fall. Sometimes he even lost consciousness after falling. However, whenever he went to the hospital for a checkup, he was told that nothing was wrong.

In 2004, Wei Shiling reported a practitioner who worked in the factory. When the practitioner was sent to the detention center, Wei threatened, "This time, he will be subjected to forced labor." Afterward, Wei tripped and fell again. He broke four front teeth and had to wear a large face mask.

Later, after a practitioner explained the facts to him, Wei Shiling finally understood that the persecution was wrong. He then quit the CCP and its affiliated organizations. He now knows that Falun Gong practitioners are good people and understands that he should not participate in the persecution.