Name: Wang Zhuyun (王竹云)
Gender: Female
Age: 55
Address: Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: January 13, 2012
Most Recent Place of Detention:
City: Unknown
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, home ransacking, extortion, torture, forced labor, long-term standing, force-feedings, solitary confinement, brutal beatings, illegal sentencing.

( On the morning of January 13, 2012, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Wang Zhuyu visited the home of her mother who had just passed away. Several officers from Daoli Police Station, Hebai Police Station, and Zhengyang Police Station in Harbin broke in, ransacked the home, and arrested Ms. Wang.

The police took many personal belongings from Ms. Wang's mother's home, including a computer, a printer, a large number of Falun Gong books, and video tapes and photos of family gatherings and weddings. After being detained for about five months, Ms. Wang was recently illegally sentenced to an eight-year prison term, without a particular charge, by the Daoli Court in Harbin.

Ms. Wang had suffered from multiple diseases all her life until she started practicing Falun Gong in 1995. Her medical conditions, including Lumbar vertebrae bone hyperplasia and psoriasis, then disappeared without medical treatment.

Ms. Wang is a virtuous and kind person with a good reputation among her friends, colleagues, and acquaintances. After her husband had an affair and divorced her, she not only raised their son alone but also cared for her former-parents-in-law for over ten years. This selfless and noble person is now being persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party solely due to her steadfast spiritual belief.

In December 2000, when Ms. Wang went to the Beijing Appeals Office to protest the unjust persecution of Falun Gong, she was arrested and taken to a detention center.

In the detention center in Beijing, Ms. Wang and the other inmates were forced to sit still on a wooden bed for more than 12 hours, and to work on the production of toothpicks. The inmates were not allowed to sleep until they had finished their assigned workload. However, sleeping at night was as tortuous as the forced labor because all the inmates had to to lie next to each another, lying on their sides with one arm under their bodies. The wardens kicked the inmates to make sure that they were close enough to one another, so that not even a stick could be sandwiched in between. The inmates were prohibited from turn around all night at first, then allowed to turn twice per night, together at the same time. If someone had to use the washroom, they would lose their sleeping spot.

In late 2000, Ms. Wang was brought back to Harbin and sent to the infamous Wanjia Forced Labor Camp. Because she refused to do forced labor, Ms. Wang was forced to stand still for extended periods of time. Imprisoned Falun Gong practitioners started a group hunger strike to protest the persecution, and the wardens brutally force fed them with poor quality food and sometimes harmful substances. Because she protested the inhuman force-feeding, Ms. Wang was put in solitary confinement for over a week. She later developed psoriasis as a result of the torture, so she was sent to the camp clinic where she was severely beaten and subjected to other tortures for two weeks. She became covered with bruises from the torture.


Torture re-enactment: Beating

When she had been tortured to the verge of death, Ms. Wang was kicked out of the camp because the wardens did not want to bear the responsibility for the death of an innocent person.

Ms. Wang regained her health after returning home, but was arrested again and illegally sentenced to eight years in prison in 2012.

Contact information:
Lu Guanqiang, director, Daoli Police Station, Harbin: +86-451-84303388
Yan Liwei, head, Domestic Security Group, Daoli Police Station: +86-451-84303388

Please refer to the original Chinese text for more names and telephone numbers.