Good Citizens of Yingkou, Liaoning Province Persecuted by the Dongqiao Police
(Minghui.org) Recently, nine Falun Gong practitioners from Yingkou City were arrested and persecuted by the Dongqiao Police Station.
On April 18, police from the Dongqiao Police Station in Zhanqian District, Yingkou City broke into Mr. Guo Yanda's house and arrested him and Ms. Ji Guihua, who happened to be at his home. They confiscated his computer, printer, money, car and some personal belongings. Later on, they went to Ms. Ji Guihua's house and ransacked it. Ms. Qiao Guizhen happened to go to Ms. Ji's house while the police were there and she was also arrested as a result. When Mr. Jiang Zhi, Ms. Qiao Guizhen's husband, returned home, he was arrested as well. Five practitioners including Liu Yuzhuo, Wu Shiwei, Zhao Yumei, Liu Caixia and Shang Shuqin were also arrested. Ms. Zhao Yumei and Mr. Wu Shiwei's homes were ransacked. There was no one at Mr. Ji Deguang's house and his place was ransacked. Ms. Qiao Guizhen's mother and elder sister came to her house and were also taken to the police station. It is said that both were released afterwards.
All of the Practitioners are Good People
1. Mr. Guo Yanda was born in 1959. Before his arrest, he was a chef at a large hotel in the city. He persisted in conducting himself in accordance to Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. No matter how much food the hotel purchased, as long as he had time to spare, he would go back and forth, helping to transport the food. He never took advantage of his position. According to his elder brother, when he was very short of money once, he found 7,000 yuan in cash on the street, but he went to a lot of trouble to locate the owner and return the money.
2. Mr. Wu Shiwei was born in 1957. He used to work at a large, state owned piano factory. Everyone in the factory commented that he was the pillar of the factory. In 2000, he was arrested and sent to a forced labor camp for two years because he practiced Falun Gong. The factory had to employ two people to take over his role but no one in the factory was as skilled as him. Consequently, his work place asked related departments to act as a guarantor for him and after he was illegally detained for seven months, he returned to the factory. He made a lot of money for the factory, and fellow workers liked to go to him whenever they encountered problems because he was always helpful. If there was something Mr. Wu did not know how to do, he would take the time to learn how to do it on his own time. He is always willing to help others and at home, he respects his elders and takes care of his family. He is very attentive to his parents' daily needs and the neighbors call him a filial son.
3. Mr. Jiang Zhi was born in 1967. He specializes in driving large trucks for salt factories. He is very dependable and uses fuel sparingly. He brought a lot of monetary benefits to factories who used his services. Drivers can get the fuel for their motorbikes while buying it for their trucks at no extra cost, and many people take advantage of this, but Mr. Jiang did not. Everyone says that he is the most honest person they know. When his company had too many drivers and wanted to lay off some of them, his employer said if they could only keep one driver, it would be Jiang Zhi.
4. Ms. Qiao Guizhen was born in 1968. Once, when her daughter was captain of a provincial hockey team, she was severely reprimanded and even beaten by her coach because her team members did not play well in a game. She left the competition in anger. Upon returning home, Ms. Qiao persuaded her daughter to call her coach immediately and the whole team calmed down. The next day, she brought her daughter and rushed to the stadium early in the morning so that she could play in the game. Ms. Qiao said: “The country has put in a lot of effort to train the team for so many years. We cannot affect the team on impulse. We should always think of others first. Besides, the coach was just being anxious and we should understand her feelings.”
5. Ms. Ji Guihua is kind hearted, filial to her parents, parents-in-law and cares for her grandchildren. When her father-in-law was sick and admitted to the hospital, she took care of him day and night. Strangers thought she was the old man's own daughter. Last year, her daughter-in-law gave birth to twins. She whole-heartedly took care of them and sometimes even forgot to take her meals.
6. Ms. Zhao Yumei and her daughter depend on each other and they have many troubles in life. However she is always considerate of others and warm heartedly helps them if they encounter difficulties or need help.
Due to limited space, only a few practitioners' characters were cited as examples above. Through practicing Falun Gong, these people improved their moral values and became upright citizens.
Those who persecute good people surely must be evil. Those who attack the righteous are evil. It only takes one glance to know who is good and who is evil.