Name: Jia Liqing (贾丽清)
Nangang District, Harbin, Heilongjiang Province
: Pediatric nurse at the Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin City Medical University
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
November 5, 2011
Most Recent Place of Detention:
Harbin City No.2 Detention Center (哈尔滨市第二看守所)
Persecution Suffered
: Torture, home ransacked, detention

( Ms. Jia Liqing is a pediatric nurse in the Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin City Medical University. She was arrested on November 5, 2011 along with her colleague, Yu Huazhi. She has now been detained for more than six months.

So far, only her defense lawyer has been allowed to visit her twice. According to the lawyer, Ms. Jia is detained in No.2 Detention Center of Harbin City. She has been taking care of an inmate who has a heart problem.

Ms. Jia Liqing has worked in the hospital for more than 40 years. She used to have spurs on her cervical vertebra which were very severe. After she began practicing Falun Gong in 1995, the spurs disappeared and she recovered completely. Ms. Jia follows the principles of Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance and always takes care of patients with care. Her mother is over 80 years old and has many health issues, including osteoporosis. As a result she is bedridden most of the time. Ms. Jia moved in and took great care of her mother.

When Ms. Jia Liqing went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong after July 1999, she was arrested. She was later sent back to Harbin City and then detained at No.2 Detention Center (also called Yaziquan Detention Center). She was later released after her family found out where she was.

At the beginning of 2000, Ms. Jia went to Beijing to appeal again. She was taken back and detained at No. 2 Detention Center for six months. She was mistreated during her detention and had scabies all over her body. She suffered physically and mentally.

Ms. Jia appealed for Falun Gong in Beijing again at the beginning of 2001. After she was arrested, she refused to tell police her name or where she lived. Police took her and several other practitioners who refused to give their information to Henan Province and dropped them off in a remote location. After walking for a month, she finally returned home.

Ms. Jia was arrested on September 29, 2006 at the hospital where was she working. She was detained for 11 hours at the local police station.

Around 2 p.m., on November 5, 2011, the police from Songbei Police Department came to the hospital and arrested Ms. Jia and practitioner Yu Huazhi, who worked in the hospital as a temp. The police also broke into their apartment and ransacked it. They took their personal belongings, including three PCs, a TV, a printer, USB driver, MP5 player, bank deposit card, and the 10,000 yuan in cash that Ms. Jia was going to use for her mother's medical treatment. They also took away many Falun Gong related materials.

That evening, Ms. Jia Liqing was sent to No. 2 Detention Center. Her family members have tried to visit her but were denied. On December 9, 2011, her family received the official detention notice. On February 3, 2012, she was charged and her case was brought to the Nangang District Court. Later her family member hired a defense lawyer from Beijing.

Related personnel:

Wei Benlu, head of Songbei Police Department

Wang Li, head of Songbei Domestic Security Division: 86-13703619000, 86-451-88192019

Wang Jinlong, police officer

Fei Guogui, president judge in Nangang District Law Court: 86-451-82721654