Name: Guo Yulan (郭玉兰)
Age: 59
Address: Xiangfang District, Harbin
Occupation: Retired from Heilongjiang Province Electric Power Design Institute
Date of Most Recent Arrest: December 31, 2011
City: Harbin
Province: Heilongjiang
Persecution Suffered: Torture, home ransacked, interrogation, detention

( When Falun Gong practitioners Ms. Guo Yulan and Ms. Qi Yaru appeared at their trial hearing on April 11, 2012, at the Liming Court in Harbin, Ms. Guo's family members were shocked to see that her hair had turned gray and she could barely walk. However, the police still had her in handcuffs and foot shackles. Her sisters nearly fainted and other members of her family were crying when they saw her. Reports indicated that the trial lasted for about twenty minutes.

At approximately 5:00 a.m. on December 31, 2011, a group of officers from the Hongqi Street Police Station unlocked Ms. Guo's home with a master key, arrested her and then confiscated a laptop, printer, Dafa books, over 20,000 yuan in cash and other personal belongings.

Over thirty practitioners were arrested at their homes that same day in Harbin. Ms. Guo was tortured for an entire night at Hongqi Police Station. As a result, she suffered from dizziness, nausea and had very high blood pressure. Without being given any medical treatment, she was taken to the Second Detention Center the following day.

When Ms. Guo started practicing Falun Gong in August 1994, she became mentally and physically healthy. She was so energetic that younger employees couldn't keep up with her at work. In her daily life, she always followed the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, and frequently told people how the Falun Gong had helped her change her life for the better.

Ms. Guo's father-in-law left his large house and savings to her husband's brothers and sisters, so that they could take care of him in his old age. However, none of them wanted to do it, so Ms. Guo and her husband took on the responsibility themselves. Ms. Guo meticulously took care of her father-in-law and treated him as her own father. When her husband passed away, she continued to take care of her father-in-law and also helped to resolve problems between the sisters-in-law. She also took good care of her husband's younger sister when she was ill in the hospital. Ms. Guo was a hard worker and won the recognition and trust of her supervisor and colleagues. After she retired, her supervisor asked her to return to work many times.

Ms. Guo has been frequently harassed by the authorities in an attempt to force her to renounce her belief. She has visited provincial government offices, and those in Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong practitioners. She has been detained and persecuted for almost four months, and nearly lost her life due to the torture she has endured.

Those involved in the persecution of Ms. Guo Yulan:

Dongli District Liming Court: 42-143 Jin Heung Street: +86-451-82968595 (Phone)
Hongqi Street Police Station: 5 Mingshun Street, Xiang Fang District, Harbin: +86-451-55171371 (Phone)
Meng Fanwen, instructor (male)
Liu Yang, deputy director: Police No. 01968