Name: Lu Lin (卢琳)
Gender: Female
Age: 44 (estimate)
Address: First District, Longyueyuan, Huilongguan, Changping District, Beijing
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: March 12, 2012
Most Recent Place of Detention:
City: Unknown
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, home ransacking, illegal trial, forced labor, brainwashing, beatings, hanging by handcuffs, electric shock, force-feedings, drug administration, long-term standing, sleep deprivation.

( Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Lu Lin from Beijing was arrested then she went to the office of the representatives of the National People's Congress on March 12, 2012 to submit an open letter. The police later took her to her home and ransacked it. Her whereabouts remain unknown.

Ms. Lu lives in the First District, Longyueyuan, Huilongguan, Changping District, in Beijing. She was arrested three times between June 2000 and March 2010 for practicing Falun Gong. The last time she was imprisoned in the evil Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, where she was subjected to brutal persecution because she persisted in her belief in Falun Dafa. After she was released, she continued the practice and did the exercises every morning at 3:50 a.m., outside her residence.

Lu Ling submitted a letter in June 2010, accusing Jiang Zemin of crimes against Falun Gong practitioners, to the Changping District Court, Beijing Supreme Court, Beijing Supreme Procuratorate, and the State Supreme Court. None would accept the open letter.

On March 12, 2012, Ms. Lu went to the office of the representatives of National People's Congress to submit “An Open Letter to All Representatives of the National People's Congress” and was arrested.

Before she started to write the letter, she wanted to sue Zhou Yongkang, one of the primary culprits responsible for persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. She wanted to hire a sympathetic lawyer, and visited many law firms in Beijing. She clarified the truth to the lawyers, and also spent five hundred dollars and asked the lawyers to help provide information about forced labor camps. But no one dared to help her. At the time of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) National People's Congress and CPPCC sessions, she wrote an open letter to the representatives of the National People's Congress.

In the letter, Lu Lin pointed out that Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa and is the true science, and that Falun Gong practitioners follow the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, which are universal values. Falun Gong practitioners have not broken any laws. Cultivating Falun Gong does not violate any laws in China whatsoever. Based on the fundamental principles of law and the international human rights laws, the CCP is using the forced labor system to illegally persecute Falun Gong practitioners.

Below are details of the persecution Lu Lin suffered, which she described in her letter.

In June 2000, I went to Beijing to protest the unjust treatment of Falun Gong. I did not find the National Appeals Office, but I was arrested at Tiananmen Square by officers from the Tiananmen Square Police Station. After I gave truth-clarifying materials to the police, they took me to my hometown in Leshan, where I was detained for 15 days.

In May 2003, I worked at the Xinhua Life Insurance Company. I was reported by the residents' committee after letting my coworkers come to my home to pick up insurance materials. On May 7, the police from Asian Olympic Village Police Station searched my home without a warrant (I lived at 1-301, Building 54, Huayanbeili). Upon not finding anything to use against me, they fabricated evidence, and also forced Zhang Yuping from the residents' committee to be a false witness. I was sentenced to one month of criminal detention and then taken to my hometown Leshan, Sichuan, for two years of forced labor. When Sichuan Women's Forced Labor Camp later refused to accept me, due to heart disease, the Leshan City Forced Labor Bureau had me serve my term outside of prison due to heart disease and had me live in my parents' home in Leshan. I appealed to Leshan City government to protest the illegal persecution, and then filed a lawsuit in October, 2003. The public hearing was held on November 6. Nonetheless I was still wrongly accused.

I received a phone call in June 2007 from official Ding from the Huilongguan District 610 Office, “Are you Lu Lin? I am official Ding from Huilongguan District 610 Office. Are you still practicing Falun Gong?” I said, “I am Lu Lin. I am still cultivating Falun Gong. I cultivate Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. You cannot tell me to no longer cultivate.” He said he wanted to talk to me in person, and I agreed. I called his office afterward, but I could not get ahold of him. He then contacted the Changping Domestic Security Team and Huilongguan Police Station. On the afternoon of June 16, they ransacked my home while I was away, and confiscated my Falun Dafa books and truth-clarifying materials. On the night of July 10, 2007, officers from the Huilongguan Police Station took me to the station for an interrogation. I was sent to the Changping Brainwashing Center in the Huilongguan Village Resort, Changping District, the following day, without my family or my employer being notified. I was beaten, yelled at, and tied up with bed sheets. They wanted to force me to give up my belief and be “transformed.” I even went on a hunger strike twice to protest the persecution.

When the brainwashing center failed to brainwash me, officers from the domestic security team in Changping District sentenced me to one month of criminal detention in the Changping District Detention Center. I went on a hunger strike to protest, but was then sentenced to two and a half years of forced labor, and accused of “disturbing the social order.” I was detained in Changping District Detention Center for two weeks, then transferred to the Beijing Dispatch Center. Two days later I was sent to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in Liaoning Province.

I protested the persecution in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. After I went on a hunger strike for a month, I was suspended by handcuffs on October 22, 2007, for over ten hours. (My arms were stretched up and tied, and my feet were tied together with rope. It was very painful). I was then ordered to write a repentance statement promising to give up Falun Gong. Over ten police officers and officials were there when I was tortured, including the deputy director Yang Jian, administration section head Ma Jisan, women's section chief Zhou Qin, team leader of the third team Wang Xiaofeng, and official Yuan Shuzhen.

On the Mid-Autumn Festival Day in September 2008, in order to protest the persecution, protect our human right of freedom of belief, and express our gratitude to Master Li Hongzhi, all the Falun Gong practitioners detained at the first team shouted together, “Falun Dafa is good!” Since I led the effort, I was again hung-up by handcuffs for over three hours. Officials Li Yuming, Zhang Chunguang, and Zhao Jinghua were present.

On October 7, 2008, the practitioners who were detained in the first team boycotted the evaluation system in the forced labor camp. I was beaten and kicked first, and was then shocked with an electric baton for almost 20 minutes. I was then hung-up for over 20 hours. Practitioners Wang Chunying, Wang Junyan, Yan Junhua, Qi Zhenjiang, and Zhang Yinglin were also hung-up. The officials present included deputy director Yang Jian, chief of the women's forced labor camp Zhou Qin, head of the women's administration section Wang Yanping, Zhang Liang, and Peng Tao, and police officers Li Mingyu, Zhang Chunguang, Zhao Jinghua, Wang Guangyun, Guan Lin, and Pan Qiuyan from the first team.

I was beaten in November 2008 by police officers Zhang Chunguang and Guan Lin for refusing to sign the evaluation form.

I was beaten again on December 29, 2008 by officers Zhang Chunguang, Guan Lin, and Wang Guangyun for refusing to sign the evaluation form. They used an electric baton to shock me for about 20 minutes.

In late January 2009, I was beaten again by police officers Li Mingyu, Zhou Qian, and Zhao Guorong for practicing Falun Gong. I was shocked with an electric baton for almost 30 minutes.

Because I resisted the detention and refused to do the slave labor work, I was hung up for over ten hours on February 11, 2009 by officers Li Mingyu, Zhang Chunguang, Guan Lin, Wang Guangyun, and Zhao Guorong.

In May 2009, because I resisted and refused to wear the badge of the forced labor camp, I was hung up for almost 20 hours by officers Li Mingyu, Sun Bin, Zhang Chunguang, and Pan Qiuyan.

Because I resisted, refused the slave labor work, and went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution, on June 15, 2009 I was hung-up for over 30 hours by officers Wang Yanping, You Ran, Sun Bin, and Gao Luan.

I went on a hunger strike on July 20, 2009 to protest the persecution, for three days. On the afternoon of July 23, I was force-fed. The persecutors also put some kind of drug that damages the nervous system into the food. I immediately started to vomit uncontrollably and almost choked to death. Police officers Sun, You Ran, and Wang Yanping participated in this.

On September 24, 2009, because I resisted the illegal detention, refused to do the slave labor work, and insisted on being released, I was hung-up for almost 20 hours by officers Wang Yanping, You Ran, Sun Bin, and Guan Lin.

Because I stood up for my rights, I was forced to stand for a few hours in November 2009 and was deprived of sleep. Inmate Dong Guangxiang was ordered to stand with me. Officers Xiang Qiuli and You Ran participated in this.