Retribution for Doing Evil in Cangzhou City, Hebei Province
(Minghui.org) Editors' Note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing, and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they too be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.
In my hometown, Cangzhou City in Hebei Province, more than thirty practitioners have been persecuted to death during the past 13 years. At the same time, there were also many instances of deaths by people that were involved in the persecution. They suffered retribution for doing evil. The following are some cases:
1. Wang Taichang was the deputy secretary of the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) Political and Legal Committee in Yanshan County. During his watch, he was deeply involved in the persecution of practitioners. Dozens of practitioners were taken to brainwashing and detention centers, forced labor camps, or even illegally sentenced to long prison terms. Although the Shijiazhuang and Tangshan Forced Labor Camps no longer wanted to accept practitioners, he used bribery to achieve his purpose of detaining practitioners. Wang Taichang later contracted facial nerve palsy and facial deformation. He had to undergo medical treatment for several months and was then hospitalized in a Shijiazhuang hospital.
2. Liu Baoting, the CCP committee secretary of Qingyun Town, Yanshan County, persecuted practitioners brutally. When it was -16 degrees Celsius outside, he held practitioners in an open-air garage. He did not allow practitioners’ families to bring meals, clothing and bedding. He also extorted a fine of 2,000 yuan or 3,000 yuan. Liu Baoting used bribery and was corrupt. In early summer of 2001, villagers killed Liu Baoting with a shotgun because of his unscrupulous ways of resolving disputes.
3. Hu Baode was a temporary worker at Xiguan Police Station in Qingyun Town, Yanshan County. After July 20, 1999, he closely followed the Jiang Zemin regime's directives concerning the persecution of practitioners. He gathered information on practitioners and arrested them. During the 16th CCP National Congress, one practitioner was held in a detention center. The practitioner told him the facts about Falun Gong. He didn't listen and abused the practitioner and maligned Dafa. He said, “I will not believe in retribution. I never receive retribution.” Finally, he suffered aphonia, an affliction that prevents the person from being able to speak. He later died.
4. After July 20, 1999, Yanshan Detention Center detained more than thirty practitioners. Zhang Xingling was one of the detention center guards. When catching any practitioner explaining the facts about Falun Gong or doing the Falun Gong exercises, he handcuffed them with their arms behind their back and beat them with a small whip. He also used dirty language in front of female practitioners. At the end of 1999, while visiting his son in Cangzhou, he died suddenly.
5. Wang Daoxiang, over 40 years old, was an instructor of the criminal police team at the Qing County Public Security Bureau. One time when ransacking a practitioner’s home, he stepped on a portrait of Falun Gong's founder. He kicked it back and forth, and said, "What magic does your teacher have? I stepped on his photo and damaged it. How can he get me?" The following year, Wang Daoxiang was diagnosed with bone cancer. He spent hundreds of thousands of yuan at the most modern hospitals in Beijing and died after being tormented by his illness.
6. Captain Wang Yuliang of Nanpi County was deeply involved in persecuting practitioners for many years. Practitioners told him of the retribution principle and repeatedly encouraged him to be good. He refused to listen, didn't repent and continued to persecute practitioners. One evening during the Qingming Festival, April 4, 2009, he died in a traffic accident at the age of 45. His body was mutilated. His son also became handicapped at the age of 5.
7. Li Guangqiang, a director of the Golden Island Police Station at the Development Zone of Cangzhou City, participated in harassing and persecuting practitioners. He was responsible for the death of practitioner Wang Mingduo. In August 2007, Li Guangqiang’s son jumped from a building to his death at the age of 14.
8. Zhao Tiechuang was a government employee in Chenzhuang Town, Xian County. After July 20, 1999, he tore up and defaced many Falun Dafa posters and flyers. Practitioners asked him to stop or he would receive retribution. He didn't listen and investigated and monitored practitioners’ activities. He wanted to be rewarded by the CCP. In March 2006, Zhao was involved in a hit-and-run accident. He was hospitalized for treatment in Cangzhou and in Beijing. He survived but his leg was amputated. The total medical bill was more than 100,000 yuan. The town government paid only 10,000 yuan because it not a work-related accident, so he was settled with the remainder of the medical bill. He still is at home trying to recuperate.
9. Lin Jianzhong, 30, was a policeman at Haocun Police Station in Botou City. He followed the directives of Jiang Zemin and persecuted practitioners. He confiscated practitioners' homes and properties. Lin Jianzhong burned to death in his gas station in November 2004.
10. Yu Liming, chief of security of the Botou wineries, followed Jiang's directives and persecuted practitioners in the winery. He also harassed practitioners at home many times. In late September 2001, the 610 Office ordered Yu Liming to collect practitioners' ID cards and resident certificates. He turned the cards over to police and locked the certificates in his office drawer. He notified the practitioners that their retirement payment would be suspended starting October 2001. He later came down with an illness and visited many doctors. He was diagnosed with liver disease, and was hospitalized in an infectious hospital in Cangzhou for a few months. After being discharged from the hospital, he died in the summer of 2004 at the age of 46.
11. Sun Baoyuan was the director of the local 610 Office in Yanshan County, Cangzhou City. He persecuted Gong practitioners without any remorse. A large truck hit and killed him on May 30, 2010.
As the proverb holds, "The overturned cart ahead is a warning to the carts behind, take warning from previous incidents.”
The purpose of writing this article is to warn people who are still involved in persecuting practitioners, "You are living very dangerously. Practitioners do not want to see anyone receiving retribution."