(Clearwisdom.net) Editors' Note: In both Western and Chinese cultures, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. The universe will reward acts that are in harmony with this principle, while beating, torturing, and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while doing evil will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they, too, be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.

When the communist regime started to persecute Falun Gong, some people followed the regime closely and participated in the persecution. The principle of "Good is rewarded with good and evil meets evil" has never changed. There have been many cases of karmic retribution among those involved in the persecution.

Party head Liang Yongqi and officer Zhang Xiaohong from Baiyin City, Gansu Province, Both Die

Liang Yongqi was the Party head of the Living and Service Company, a subsidiary of the Coat Corporation in the Pingchuan District, Baiyin City, Gansu Province. He had been actively involved in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners in his company. He died of a heart attack at 2 a.m. on February 10, 2012.

Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Chen Fanghua went to Beijing to appeal on February 22, 2002. After he was sent home, Liang Yongqi ordered Liu Wanzhen, head of the security section (who died in October 2003), and officer Liang Jingke to “deal” with Mr. Chen. Chen was subjected to one year of forced labor and his salary was withheld for one and a half years.

After Mr. Chen was released from the labor camp, Liang Yongqi instructed officer Zhang Xiaohong to monitor and harass him. Just before the 2008 Olympic Games, Liang Yongqi and Zhang Xiaohong colluded with officers from the Pingchuan District Police Department to arrest Mr. Chen and Ms. Yang Hongxia. Mr. Chen was later sentenced to three years in jail and held in Lanzhou City Prison. Ms. Yang was sentenced to three years in jail with five years probation. When Liang Yongqi and Zhang Xiaohong drank together to celebrate their "victory," Zhang Xiaohong suddenly had difficulty breathing and dropped dead. He was only 37 years old.

The deaths of Zhang Xiaohong and Liang Yongqi were not accidental. Practitioners had repeatedly clarified the truth to them and advised them to stop participating in the persecution of Falun Gong. Deeply poisoned by the regime and seeking benefits, these people set aside their consciences and ignored the heavenly principle. Their deaths are the result of karmic retribution.

Death of the deputy head of Xixia County 610 Office, Shandong Provice

Liu Weidong, deputy head of Xixia County 610 Office, died of colon cancer in Xixia Hospital on February 11, 2012. He was only about 50 years old.

Liu Weidong used to work at Xixia Court and was later transferred to the 610 Office. He had personally participated in arresting, falsely accusing, and beating Falun Gong practitioners.

Ms. Liu Lihua, a retired teacher from the Fushan District in Yantai City, was sent to Xixia Brainwashing Center at the end of 2004 because she distributed truth-clarifying materials. Liu Weidong instigated several people to beat and verbally abuse Ms. Liu. They even hit her head with a stool. As a result of the beatings, she lost conscious several times and was covered with bruises. Concerned about the crimes they were committing, Ms. Liu advised them, "Stop beating practitioners. You are only harming yourselves." Then Liu Weidong came to beat her in person and shouted, "Really? Well, I'm beating you. Let's see what you can do to me."

In 2010 Liu Weidong was diagnosed with cancer. He was treated in Xixia Hospital for a long time, but the cancer spread throughout his entire body. He died in great pain.

Jiang Yongzhong from Hunan Province 610 Office brought misfortune to his parents because of his persecution of Falun Gong practitioners

Jiang Yongzhong is the deputy inspector of the Hunan Province 610 Office. His involvement in the persecution has brought disaster to his parents. His father was paralyzed last year and his mother became completely blind this year.

Jiang, 57, was the deputy head of Hunan Province 610 Office and is now the deputy inspector. For years, he has been actively involved in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners.

In October 2005, Jiang Yongzhong, who at that time was the assistant inspector in Hunan Province 610 Office, took an inspection group to different counties in Chenzhou. The week before his arrival, many Falun Gong practitioners in Chenzhou were followed and harassed. Six of the practitioners were seized and taken to the forced brainwashing center.

When his group went to Hengyang City, he oversaw the setting up of the local brainwashing center. Each session lasted seven days and each session had 10 Falun Gong practitioners. A similar facility and arrangements were later set up in Huaihua City.

In May 2010, Jiang Yongzhong was the key Party member who prepared the official provincial website slandering Falun Gong. The website was launched in November 2010 and contains many vicious materials that slander Falun Gong.

Jiang Yongzhong was directly or indirectly responsible for the persecution in Hunan Province and has committed serious crimes.

Jiang Younzhong, +86-731-82219459 (office), +86-13808422781 (cell)

Deputy party director in Hebei Province suffered karmic retribution

Li Baoshuan is the deputy Party branch head in Xieyi Village, Mancheng County, Baiding City, Hebei Province. He refused to accept truth-clarifying materials from a Falun Gong practitioner and reported the practitioner to police. Several days later, on January 27, 2012, he had a car accident and his car slammed into the rails along the road. His nose was fractured and he sustained other injuries to his face and arms. He was taken to Dongmasan Hospital.

During the 2012 Chinese New Year, practitioner Mr. Liu Yunshen from Shijiazhuang City tried to give truth-clarifying materials to Li Baoshuan in Xieyi Village. Li refused to listen and immediately him reported to the police. As a result, Mr. Liu, his mother, and his two daughters were arrested. In order to avoid further persecution, they left the village. Mr. Liu's mother and daughters were released later after having 2500 yuan extorted from them. Mr. Liu was sent to Mancheng County Detention Center where he began a hunger strike. Five days later he was released after his family was handed over 3000 yuan.