The “Advocation Science School” in Suining City, Sichuan Province Is Actually a Brainwashing Center
(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Li Tingfang, in her 60s, is from Fujiang Village, Longping, Nanqiang Town, Chuanshan Township, in the Suining City Central District of Sichuan Province. When she started practicing Falun Gong, her diseases disappeared without any treatment. She has been healthy ever since and has not needed any medications.
Ms. Li was taken to the Suining Brainwashing Center (known to outsiders as the “Advocation Science School”) by agents of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) in July 2010. When she was released after October, she had developed dementia. She passed away on November 13, 2011.
Falun Gong practitioners who are being held in the Suining Brainwashing Center were all illegally arrested, without exception and following no legal formalities. No one goes to this place voluntarily. The brainwashing center is located in the Suining Detention Center in Chengbei. It is surrounded by high walls and equipped with several iron gates. Arrested practitioners are good and innocent citizens, but are not allowed to have cell phones or metal items in their possession. They are not allowed to make any phone calls or answer a call, and are detained as long as the brainwashing center staff desires, for as little as a month, or as long as over six months. They have been illegally deprived of their freedom.
Falun Gong practitioners are restricted to one room a little over ten square meters. They are not allowed to step out the door. Monitoring equipment is installed in the corridors, bedrooms, and toilets in order to watch their every move. Two assistants watch each practitioner. If the practitioner stays in the toilet a bit too long, they will go in and check.
Tactics Used at the Suining Brainwashing Center to Torture Practitioners
1. Deliberately creating noise. The TV runs from around 6:00 a.m. until after 11:00 p.m. (It is supposed to play around the clock, but those in charge could not stand it, so they agreed to turn it off for several hours.) The volume is especially loud and people in poor health can't stand it. The volume is increased even more at noon. Those in charge believe that, when it is especially loud, practitioners will not think of anything else. The rule is that they have to show war movies, but the assistants can't bear the loud noise and walk away once they turn on the TV. They force practitioners to sit on the edge of their beds, focus on the TV, and face the area that is covered by the monitor. Showing interest and reacting positively like smiling toward the show are considered a “good attitude.” Practitioners are not allowed to turn the TV on or off or to change the channel.
2. Three lights are turned on day and night (two in the bedroom, one in the toilet). Practitioners are not allowed to cover their eyes when they sleep, because if the staff can't see their faces they suspect they might be doing something that isn't allowed. This results in practitioners not getting enough sleep for long periods of time, and even suffering from severe insomnia. They are forcibly “transformed” after they can't stand it any longer.
3. Falun Gong practitioners are forced to clean the room and wash the bedding and dishes. They are often reprimanded. Practitioners are threatened that if they are not "transformed" within one or two months, they will be taken to a prison in Chengdu, and their pensions will be canceled.
4. Practitioners must watch TV in bed after dinner, but can't be covered with a quilt. When it is cold they are allowed to use a quilt, but must keep their legs completely straight. They can't bend their legs, otherwise they mght be suspected of doing the Falun Gong exercises. Practitioners who practice the exercises when the lights are off are beaten and have their quilts taken away.
5. Practitioners are forced to attend social activities at times, but those in charge actually want practitioners to betray each other. If someone doesn't talk, it is considered a false "transformation," and the person will not be released. Moreover, practitioners who complete their forced labor terms are sent directly to a brainwashing center.
6. Practitioners are photographed and videotaped before being released. They are ordered to slander Teacher and Dafa for more than two minutes and must meet certain other requirements.
The CCP staff continues persecuting practitioners after they return home. They send two to three people to watch them for a year and do not allow them to have any contact with fellow practitioners. They are also not allowed to do anything related to Falun Gong. They are required to ask personnel from the neighborhood office for permission to leave, and must write down the address, contact person, work unit, and phone number of their destination. The authorities also visit the homes of practitioners about a year later to check if they were truly "transformed."
Based on the above mentioned facts, the Suining "Advocation Science School” is not a scientific school, but a prison that violates the civil and religious freedom of citizens, illegally detains innocent people, conducts mental torture and forced confessions, violates the dignity of citizens, and causes physical and mental harm.
Tan Huaming, “principal” of the facility
Chen Dongmei (from Pengxi) and Zhang Jia (from Shehong), members
Liu Yuan from the Yucai Road sub-district office
Bo Xue from Anju