Name: Sun Zhaohai (孙兆海)
Gender: Male
Age: 40s
Address: Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province
Occupation: Worker
Date of Most Recent Arrest: August 2002
Most Recent Place of Detention: Lanzhou Prison in Gansu Province (甘肃兰州监狱)
City: Lanzhou
Province: Gansu
Persecution Suffered: Forced labor, illegal sentencing, imprisonment, solitary confinement, torture, fired from workplace, physical restraint, sleep deprivation

( Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Sun Zhaohai, who was illegally sentenced and is now in Lanzhou Prison, Gansu Province, was placed in solitary confinement in Ward No.2 in August of 2010 and has been there ever since. He has been severely abused and tortured.

Mr. Sun was arrested in 2002 for tapping into a television network in Lanzhou City to broadcast programs that clarified the truth about Falun Gong. He was later sentenced to 19 years in prison.

Prior to his sentencing, Mr. Sun was subjected to two years of forced labor. After the Chinese Communist Party started persecuting Falun Gong in July 1999, Mr. Sun, who had benefited physically and mentally from the practice, went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. He was arrested in October 2000 and sentenced to two years of forced labor in December of that same year. He was also fired from his job.

In the terrible conditions in Team No.2 in the Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp, Mr. Sun got scabies and itched unbearably. As the symptoms got worse, he could no longer get out of bed or take care of himself, but the camp officials still forced him to do hard labor. Beginning in November of 2000, he was held in a cold cell for more than two months.

Mr. Sun was released from the forced labor camp in 2001. He continued his efforts to expose the persecution and the lies the CCP told to poison people's minds. He wanted to raise people's awareness about the greatness of Falun Dafa.

In 2002, Mr. Sun was placed on the police wanted list for tapping into a television network to broadcast truth clarification programs. Mr. Sun had to live away from home. The police arrested his wife and took her to the Jiamusi Detention Center in an attempt to make Mr. Sun show up so they could also arrest him. His wife's employer bailed her out 40 days later. In order to keep her job, she had to agree to divorce her husband. After Mr. Sun started practicing Falun Gong in 1997, he and his wife lived in harmony, but the persecution destroyed their marriage.

While he lived away from home, Mr. Sun worried about his sick and elderly mother and made a phone call to her. Unfortunately, the police were monitoring his mother's home phone. Mr. Sun was arrested in Lanzhou City and sentenced to 19 years of imprisonment.

His mother missed her kind and dutiful son, and her condition worsened. She died grieving for him and was not allowed to see him one last time.

Mr. Sun Zhaohai is still being held in Ward No.2 in Lanzhou Prison, where he is being subjected to ruthless physical torture and mental torment.