Name: Xiao Yingxue (肖映雪)
Gender: Female
Age: 42
Address: Qiaokou District, Wuhan City, Hubei Province
Occupation: Former public servant at the Qiaokou District Industry and Commerce Administration
Date of Most Recent Arrest: October 6, 2011
Most Recent Place of Detention: Hubei Province Brainwashing Center (湖北省洗脑班)
City: Wuhan
Province: Hubei
Persecution Suffered: Forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, forced injections/drug administration, dismissal from workplace, detention

( Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Xiao Yingxue was a public official with the Qiaokou District Industry and Commerce Administration Department in Wuhan City. After she was illegally detained at the Wuhan City Women's Forced Labor Center for one year and three months, she was secretly sent on October 6, 2011 to the “Hubei Province Law Education Center,” which is actually a brainwashing center. Her entire body is now in great pain, especially her head. Even though she is not cold, she shivers as if she were freezing. It is believed that she has been injected with drugs that caused similar physical reactions in other detained Falun Gong practitioners.

Mr. Zhang Su, a practitioner from Wuhan City, was seized by officers from the Wuhan Domestic Security Division on May 5, 2011, and taken to Hubei Province Legal and Educational Center the same day. On May 8, he was beaten and kicked by Gong Jian and Liu Cheng, then handcuffed and taken to the second floor for brainwashing. He was subjected to brainwashing all day, every day, until 9:00 p.m. The perpetrators at the brainwashing center put unknown substances into his food and he developed strange symptoms.

Related article: “Mr. Zhang Su from Wuhan Arrested and Detained for Half a Year; His Family Is Under Severe Stress”

Ms. Wang Yujie, 24, was tortured to death in September 2011. Before she died, she had similar symptoms. When her detention term expired in 2011, instead of being released, she was taken to a brainwashing center. Her entire body was in pain as a result of the unknown substances she had been injected with.

Ms. Wang Yujie

Not long after she returned home, Ms. Wang began to experience excruciating pain in her forehead. She sweat all the time and threw up whatever she ate. This condition lasted for four months. She went to a hospital, but no treatment worked. Her hands curled and spasmed. Her eyes hurt and she became blind. After months of suffering, she finally passed away on September 3, 2011. She was only 24 years old. (Full story: “The Persecution Suffered by Wang Yujie, a Young Woman from Hubei Province, before Her Death”

In attempts to force Falun Gong practitioners to give up their beliefs, the Hubei Province Brainwashing Center has forced practitioners to follow deputy head Zhang Qiuming to practice a kind a false qigong every day. It is believed that the brainwashing center secretly put unidentified drugs into their food, as the practitioners developed abnormal physical symptoms, and they were under great mental pressure.

One practitioner from the Wuchang District in Wuhan City recalled being secretly given unknown drugs at the brainwashing center. "In early June 2005, I was detained at the Yangyuan Brainwashing Center. Within a few days I started to have headaches, and my vision became blurred, my mind became hazy, my thoughts were befuddled, and my memory faded. In late 2006 the symptoms worsened. I would fall even when I was sitting or lying. I was unable to keep my balance. Besides that, my teeth ached and began to fall out, and my left foot hurt severely. Sometimes I didn't even have the strength to hold a book.

“My intelligence and memory are good. When my daughter came to visit me, Chen Qi head of the Yangyuan Brainwashing Center, admitted their crimes. Chen blurted out in a low voice, 'We mixed drugs into her food.'"

Related article: “Officials at the Wuhan City Brainwashing Centers Use Toxic Substances to Poison Practitioners”

Before she died, Ms. Xiao Yingxue had been arrested eight times, and was sent to brainwashing centers six times. Her life was in danger due to the brutal beatings. Twice she was in a coma after being taken to the emergency room of Wuhan City No. 1 Hospital. She was twice sent to labor camps and detention centers. She was no longer eligible to be a public official, and was later fired. Her husband divorced her because of the persecution. Qiaokou District 610 Office and police officers from the Yijiadun Police Station often went to her home to harass her, so she left her hometown to avoid further persecution. Ms. Xiao was arrested and sent to forced labor again. After her term at Hewan Forced Labor Center expired, she was sent to the Hubei Province Brainwashing Center by Wuhan City 610 Office officials. She was brutally beaten by the chief, Liu Che, and was subjected to severe mental torture by Ding Xingqiao. She was also forced to follow the deputy head Zhang Qiuping in practicing a qigong exercise. When she finally returned home before the Chinese New Year, her body did not function normally.

Related article: “Public Servant Ms. Xiao Yingxue Transferred Secretly after Enduring 15 Months in a Forced Labor Camp”