Name: Xie Lihua (谢丽华)
Gender: Female
Age: 51
Address: Zhongshanmen area, Baixia District, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: February 15, 2012
Most Recent Place of Detention: Nanjing Detention Center (南京市看守所)
City: Nanjing
Province: Jiangsu
Persecution Suffered: Electric shock, sleep deprivation, forced labor, brainwashing, beatings, imprisonment, torture, sexual assault, home ransacking, detention, denial of restroom use.

( On the afternoon of February 15, 2012, Ms. Xie Lihua, a Falun Dafa practitioner from the Baixia District, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province, was arrested by officers from the Houzaimen Police Station while she was distributing truth clarification materials in the Houzaimen area. She has been incarcerated at the Nanjing Detention Center since February 16.

Ms. Xie, 51, lives in the Zhongshanmen area of the Baixia District. She is a kind and simple person, and is always willing to help others. She has been repeatedly persecuted since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started to persecute Falun Dafa practitioners on July 20, 1999. She was detained at a forced labor camp three times, and twice in a brainwashing center. She suffered from various tortures because she refused to renounce Falun Gong.

She was arrested in 2001 at the airport when she was on her way to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Dafa. Her airline ticket was torn up at the scene. She was subjected to one year of forced labor in the Third Ward of the Jiangsu Province Judong Women's Force Labor Camp, which was established to persecute practitioners. When the persecutors failed to change her belief using brainwashing, guards shocked her simultaneously with four to five electric batons on March 15-17, 2001. They stripped off her clothes and dragged electric batons along her back, and also forced her to take off her shoes and socks and stand on the electric batons. Her prison term was illegally extended an extra four months because she refused to “transform.”

Torture re-enactment: Shocking with electric batons

In 2003, she was taken to a brainwashing center because she had not been “transformed” while she was imprisoned in the forced labor camp.

She was again incarcerated in late June 2005 for another eighteen months at the Jiangsu Judong Women's Forced Labor Camp. To force her to “transform,” guards subjected her to extended standing tortures, squatting tortures, beatings, and denial of restroom use. Guo Hongmei, who was assigned to personally monitor her, beat her about the face, leaving a large bruise. Due to the denial of restroom use, she was forced defecate in her pants. Guo then put the pants on her head. Her feet and legs were swollen as big as the opening of a bowl. Guard Zhou Ying gave her very salty water, which she refused to drink. Zhou then had five personal monitors force-feed her and fiercely beat her at the same time. Li Li, Guo Hongmei, and Jin Xiaohong were among them. People in the Third Ward heard her painful screams.

Torture re-enactment: Force-feeding

On August 13, 2007, Ms. Xie was arrested by officer Xian Dingcai and other police officers from the Muxuyuan Police Stations while she was clarifying the truth of Falun Dafa in a vegetable market in the Muxuyuan area. She was reported again in front of a school gate in the Xiaolingwei area several days later. Plainclothes officers had been following her but she did not know it. After she was held at a detention center for a month, she was taken to the Baixia Brainwashing Center and held there for fifty-eight days. She was misled by Jia Qiluan and the 610 Office agent's deception. They tricked her into writing something that she regretted.

Ms. Xie was arrested by two officers from Baixia District in the Houzaimen area on the afternoon of July 1, 2009, and subjected to forced labor for the third time. The Judong Forced Labor Camp rejected repeated visitation requests from her mother and sister, citing “Xie does not behave well.” Her family was worried about her since the camp is notorious for brutally torturing practitioners. Her husband could no longer bear the pressure of her repeated arrests, and said that he would file for a divorce. He went to another city to work and left their ten-year-old daughter with Ms. Xie's mother.

Guards tortured Ms. Xie in the labor camp. They made her stand for a long time, and did not allow her to move or use the restroom. She had to defecate in her pants. She was not allowed to sleep until after midnight, and some days, she was allowed to sleep for only one hour. Personal monitors Xu Min and Zhang Na often lifted her up, then threw her to the ground, and they kicked her lower body. She once ran out of the cell and cried for help after Xu beat her. Guards changed her personal monitors as a token gesture, but later extended her prison term for a month for making loud noises and damaging the reputation of the ward.

Ms. Xie has been arrested again. Her home was ransacked, and her computer and other property was confiscated. Her young daughter and elderly mother are again suffering from sadness and live in hardship.

Individuals responsible for the persecution:
Huang Jingsong, director of Baixia District 610 Office: +86-25-84556611
Wu Yong, agent from the Baixia District 610 Office: +86-13815856412 (Cell)
Xu Jianping, agent from the Baixia District 610 Office: +86-25-84556613
Yuan Zuhui, agent from the Baixia District 610 Office: +86-25-84556613
Qian Dingcai, officer from the Yueyahu Police Station: +86-18913866640 (Cell), +86-25-86016640

For more perpetrators' telephone numbers, please refer to the original Chinese text.