(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Tan Wanquan, Mr. Jiang Libin and Ms. Xie Fufen are from Beichuan County in Sichuan Province. They have been arrested several times in an attempt to get them to renounce their belief. Their homes have been ransacked, and they have been detained, illegally sentenced and tortured.

Mr. Tan Wanquan taken to labor camp twice

Mr. Tan Wanquan, 52, began practicing Falun Gong in April 1998. He used to have high blood pressure, stomach problems and other illnesses, but all his ailments disappeared shortly after practicing. By following the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, he became healthy, open-minded and tolerant.

In July 2000, Mr. Tan was taken from his home by the head of the Political Security Office in Beichuan Yin Wanjin and police officers Li Guo, Chen Yi and Li Ping. His home was then ransacked. He was held at Beichuan Detention Center for 15 days. When Mr. Tan refused to report to the detention center guards like the other inmates are required to do, he was beaten and slapped in the face by Li Yonghong. The head of the detention center Duan Yehua also brutally beat him with a rubber baton.

Mr. Tan went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong at the end of December 2001. He was arrested and taken back to Beichuan. He was then taken to a forced labor camp for two years. When he arrived at the camp, he had to stand for over ten hours a day for 12 consecutive days. He was also forced to take unknown drugs. As a result, he contracted tuberculous peritonitis and was in critical condition. Officials at the camp were afraid to take responsibility if he died there, and so they released him on medical bail.

In July 2004, Mr. Tan was reported to the police when he was seen distributing truth clarification materials. He was arrested by the head of Qushan Police Station Long Chengming and was taken to a labor camp for two years. He was forced to stand for over ten hours a day for ten consecutive days, and also had to sit on a tiny stool for long periods of time. The flesh on his buttocks became rotten and he developed ulcers on his body.

When Mr. Tan was working on the construction of the Beiyu Highway in early November 2011, he was taken away for questioning by the Mayor of Yongchang township Deng Hong and the Party Secretary of Yongchang Wang Jianchun. He was then taken to Xiaoba Brainwashing Center in An County by officers from the local police station and the 610 Office. Xiaoba Brainwashing Center is disguised as a local nursing home.

Officers from the 610 Office and the police constantly harass Mr. Tan's family, and they now live in constant fear of the authorities.

Those involved in the persecution of Mr. Tan are:
Pu Fangfang, head of Beichuan County Public Security Bureau
Yin Wanjin, head of the Political Security Office in Beichuan County
Liu Guo, police officer
Chen Yi, police officer
Li Ping, police officer
Long Chengming, head of Qushan Police Station and the local 610 Office
Bu Jing, guard at Xinhua Forced Labor Camp
Du Shuhong, guard at Xinhua Forced Labor Camp
Liu Yuanxing, guard at Xinhua Forced Labor Camp
Duan Yehua, head of the detention center

Mr. Jiang Libin and Ms. Xie Fufen Persecuted

Mr. Jiang Libin, 50, and his wife Ms. Xie Fufen are from Anchang in Beichuan County. Mr. Jiang began to practice Falun Gong in June 1999. He used to suffer from dizzy spells and often had nose bleeds, but those problems soon disappeared after he starting practicing. Ms. Xie suffered from a gastric ulcer, gallstones and mastitis, and was in very poor health. She had been treated at many hospitals and had undergone surgery, but to no avail. She started to practice Falun Gong in 2005 and soon regained her good health.

Mr. Jiang and Ms. Xie opened a small rice shop to earn a living. However, their business was repeatedly interfered with by the local police because they practiced Falun Gong. Eventually, they were forced to close the shop and look for other jobs.

At around 11:00 a.m. on September 30, 2009, the Beichuan Domestic Security team leader Zhao Jiqi and Anchang police officer Zhang Yao broke into their house. They forcibly took Mr. Jiang and Ms. Xie to Anchang Police Station for questioning, where they were locked in a separate rooms. The officers told them that they had been reported to the police, and then asked them who they have contact with, and who they practiced with. That night, the couple were transferred to Mianyang City Detention Center. After the couple were arrested, many police officers ransacked their home and confiscated their computers, printers, CD burners, Falun Dafa materials and other personal belongings. They also took the couple's money which they had earned while working in their shop.

Mr. Jiang was held at the detention center for 197 days. He was then given a three year prison term, which was suspended for five years. While Ms. Xie was held at the detention center, her family asked the county head Jin Dazhong for help. Her family spent over 10,000 yuan to invite Jin Dazhong for dinner, and they were later extorted 20,000 yuan by him. Ms. Xie had to await trial while in custody. She was held for 30 days before being released.

Officers from the Domestic Security Division and the local police station went to Mr. Jiang's home on August 17, 2011, to harass him and his wife. They took him to Xiaoba Brainwashing Center, where he was monitored 24 hours a day by two inmates, and was forced to write a guarantee statement to stop practicing Falun Gong. He was detained there for 20 days. Ms. Xie was not taken to the brainwashing center, and was allowed to look after her mother, who had recently fallen and needed looking after.

In October 2011, the Domestic Security team leader Zhao Jiqi and the head of the local 610 Office, whose family name is Hu, came to harass them again. As a result, the couple were forced to leave their home to avoid further persecution.

Those responsible for the persecution of Mr. Jiang Libin and Ms. Xie Fufen:

Zhao Jiqi, team leader of the Beichuan County Domestic Security Division
Zhang Yao, officer from Anchang Police Station