(Clearwisdom.net) On January 13, 2012, Mr. Lin Zehua's family went to the Jiamusi Prison to visit him. An inmate carried him on his back, since Mr. Lin had become paralyzed as a result of being persecuted in 2008, while incarcerated.

Mr. Lin's state of mind was not good. He was also very weak and didn't have much energy to talk. During the visit, he had to hold onto a metal bar to stay upright and his face often showed an expression of agony. As the family was only allowed ten minutes for the visit, they had not yet finished their conversation when the phone was hung up.

Mr. Lin Zehua

Mr. Lin's family was worried about his health and went to ask Wang Qingjun, head of the ward, and Wang Lianyu, head of the group, what might be the cause of Mr. Lin's poor condition. Wang Qingjun said, “It might have something to do with the long-term inactivity and malnutrition. Somebody did push him, but we would need to check the medical exam results to see if he is truly sick.” One of the family members said, “No matter what the result is, you are responsible.”

Mr. Lin, 49, is a taxi driver from Youyi Town, Youyi County, Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province. On September 12, 2007, he was illegally arrested by Shuangyashan City National Security Bureau agents and officers from the Fenggang Town Police Station. The agents covered his head with a black cover and took him to a secret residence in Shuangyashan City.

In March 2008, Mr. Lin was sentenced to seven years in prison. He was transferred to Jiamusi Prison on July 10, 2008.

Upon his arrival in the prison, Mr. Lin was assigned to the Second Division of Ward No. 5. Right away, Lai Baohua, chief of the division, pressured him to give up Falun Gong. When Mr. Lin refused, Lai instigated the inmates to monitor, insult, swear at and punish Mr. Lin, and also forced him to do hard labor.

On the morning of November 7, 2008, inmate Li Yansong pushed Mr. Lin, throwing him on the stairs. Mr. Lin's back, buttocks and neck hit the stairs. He has not been able to move his legs ever since.

Lai accused Mr. Lin of faking his injury, and denied him medical treatment. Inmate Li Yansong told others: “Chief Lai said that nobody is allowed to help Lin. Let him urinate and defecate on the bed.” For seven months, Mr. Lin had no one to take care of him and was unable to take a shower. He had to eat and drink less to reduce the frequency of excretion.

Mr. Lin decided to appeal this mistreatment and asked instructor Wei Mengjun to pass his appeal letter to the Procuratorate. However, the appeal letter was seized by the prison authorities and never sent. The guards threatened the inmates not to testify for Mr. Lin, and nobody has dared to testify on his behalf since then.

Mr. Lin has been paralyzed for over three years, and his health has continued to deteriorate. However, the Jiamusi Prison authorities refuse to release him.

Related report:

Mr. Lin Zehua Paralyzed, Still Detained in Jiamusi City Prison