Additional Persecution News from China – January 30, 2012 (6 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in six cities or counties and six provinces. In this report, five practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 11 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Liu Yan Transferred to Shandong Province Women?s Prison and Ms. Liu Shulan Forced to Leave Home
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Liu Yan, in Her Forties, Arrested by Hongqidajie Police Station on January 21, 2012
- [Hefei City, Anhui Province] Ms. Tang Juzhang Arrested
- [Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province] Elderly Practitioner Ms. Wang Arrested
- [Hebei Province] Practitioners, Including Ms. Li Yaping, Subjected to Brutal Beatings in Hebei Province Women?s Forced Labor Camp
- [Macheng City, Hubei Province] Additional Information on the Arrest of Mr. Zhu Changkui and Other Practitioners
1. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Liu Yan Transferred to Shandong Province Women’s Prison and Ms. Liu Shulan Forced to Leave Home
Two practitioners from Zibo City were illegally sentenced on September 16, 2011, including 65-year-old practitioner Ms. Liu Shulan, who was given four years of imprisonment, and 55-year-old practitioner Ms. Liu Yan, who was given three years and six months of imprisonment. The two practitioners appealed to the Zibo City Intermediate People's Court. However, the court rejected their appeal on November 9, 2011. Ms. Liu Yan was subsequently sent to the Zibo City Detention Center, and was transferred to the Shandong Province Women’s Prison on January 12, 2012. Ms. Liu Shulan was released on bail because she was diagnosed with high blood pressure.
Although Ms. Liu Shulan was released on bail, she was harassed many times by police from the Huantai County Domestic Security Division at the end of 2011. This constant harassment caused her to leave her home on January 9, 2012 to avoid further persecution.
2. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Liu Yan, in Her Forties, Arrested by Hongqidajie Police Station on January 21, 2012
3. [Hefei City, Anhui Province] Ms. Tang Juzhang Arrested
Ms. Tang Juzhang was taken into custody when she clarified the facts about Falun Gong at the Wangjiangxilu Bearing Factory dormitory on the afternoon of January 26, 2012.
4. [Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province] Elderly Practitioner Ms. Wang Arrested
Ms. Wang, an older practitioner from Nanchang City, was arrested by officials from the Guangrunmen Police Station when she was distributing Shen Yun Performing Arts DVDs on the morning of January 28, 2012.
Zhang Xiaoquan, head of Guangrunmen Police Station:
Tu Suzhou, political head: +86-13330126886
Ma Min, deputy head: +86-13970962866
5. [Hebei Province] Practitioners, Including Ms. Li Yaping, Subjected to Brutal Beating in Hebei Province Women’s Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Li Yaping was detained in the Hebei Province Women’s Forced Labor Camp. She was subjected to brutal beating on the evening of December 5, 2011. Because she refused to watch videos that slandered Falun Gong, the guards put her in the monitoring room on December 8, 2011 and severely tortured her. Even on Christmas Day, the guards taped her mouth shut and severely beat her.
Ms. Li Yunxia from Yi County was already in very poor physical condition because of the torture she had been subjected to before. Nevertheless, the guards still beat her on Christmas Day because she tried to stop a guard named Zang Zhiying from beating Ms. Li Yaping.
Ms. Li Liying was severely beaten a dozen times around July 8, 2011, although she was detained there for only one month.
6. [Macheng City, Hubei Province] Additional Information on the Arrest of Mr. Zhu Changkui and Other Practitioners
Officials from the Macheng City 610 Office and the Domestic Security Division arrested eight practitioners and ransacked the homes of ten practitioners on October 13-15, 2011. Among the arrested practitioners were Mr. Zhu Changkui, Ms. Liu Nianhua, Ms. Peng Weixiang, and Ms. Liang Fengmei, who were sent to the brainwashing center located in Macheng City Detention Center. Mr. Tao Lahuai, Mr. Liu Jiqing, and Mr. Wu Shuangxi were sent to the Hubei Province Legal Education Center. In addition, Ding Pengcheng, deputy head of the Domestic Security Division, took away Mr. Wu Shuangxi’s motorcycle, computer, and 6,900 yuan in cash. When Mr. Wu formally requested the return of his personal belongings, the police threatened him, saying that they would send him to the forced labor camp.
Ms. Liang Fengming was sent to the Macheng City Detention Center and subjected to brainwashing. The police took away her computer, printer, and other personal belongings. When Ms. Liang asked the police to return her belongings, the police threatened her and told her that they would send her to a forced labor camp.