Name: Peng Pingguo (彭平国)
Gender: Male
Age: 50
Address: Pengjia Village, Majie Town, Luliang County, Yunnan Province
Occupation: Farmer
Date of Most Recent Arrest: May 2010
Most Recent Place of Detention: Yunnan Province No.1 Prison (云南省第一监狱)
City: Kunming
Province: Yunnan
Persecution Suffered: Illegal sentencing, imprisonment, torture, home ransacked, detention

( Mr. Peng Pingguo, a kindhearted villager from Luliang County, Yunnan Province, was arrested by local police and illegally sentenced to four years in prison. It is believed that Mr. Peng was physically abused in Yunnan Province No.1 Prison. Prior to 2012 Chinese New Year, when Mr. Peng’s wife went to visit him in prison, she saw a scar on the bridge of his nose. When she asked if he was beaten, Mr. Peng didn’t dare to answer, despite the obvious scar.

Recognized as a Good Person in the Village

Mr. Peng Pingguo started practicing Falun Dafa in 1998. He understood that he should follow the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance to be a better person. He gradually took lightly the grievances, complaints and resentment that he had held onto in the past, and demonstrated a Falun Dafa practitioner's demeanor at all times. The other villagers held him in high regard.

Unreasonably Had His Home Ransacked and Detained

At noon on March 26, 2010, Peng and his wife were on the street when an officer from the Majie Police Station told him to come to the police station because the officers wished to ask him something. Mr. Peng followed him to the police station. When his wife arrived at the gate to their home, officers from the Luliang County Domestic Security Division and the Majie Police Station were waiting. After Mr. Peng's wife opened the door, the police forced their way in and ransacked their home. They took away Master's image, Falun Gong books, exercise tapes, DVDs, truth clarification materials, a tape recorder and other personal belongings.

The police took Peng to the Luliang County Domestic Security Division and held him in the Luliang County Detention Center for a month. Luliang County Police Department officials then released Peng on bail.

Sentenced to Four Years of Imprisonment

One day in May 2010, just over a month after he returned home, Peng and his wife were working in the fields, when an officer from the Majie Police Station called Peng and told him to go to the police station. He went there, but did not return.

Peng's wife later learned that he was taken directly to the Luliang County Detention Center that day, and was held there for more than six months. During that time, four officers from the Qujing City Intermediate Court went to the Luliang County Court, where they placed Mr. Peng on trial. However, the court had not informed Mr. Peng's family about the trial. When his family learned the news from another source, they went to attend the court hearing. The judge didn't allow Peng to speak in court, and no verdict was given at the conclusion of the trial that day.

It was until December 14, 2010, when Mr. Peng was sent to Yunnan Province No.1 Prison, that

his wife finally receive a prison entry notice by mail, and thus she learned that Mr. Peng had been sentenced to four years in prison.