Additional Persecution News from China – February 2, 2012 (11 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in eleven cities or counties in seven provinces. In this report, eight practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least five practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Tumen City, Jilin Province] Mr. Lu Hongyuan Detained
- [Tianjin] Mr. Zhou Xiangyang in Critical Condition After Being Tortured in Gangbei Prison
- [Dehui City, Jilin Province] Ms. Zhang Fengqiu's Home Ransacked
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Yan Tingzhen Still Detained
- [Xinji City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Shushen and His Wife Detained
- [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Xing Aixiang Detained at the Zhengzhou No. 1 Detention Center
- [Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province] Mr. Yin Hongpei Arrested
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] More Information on the Arrest of Ms. Li Yuzhen
- [Macheng City, Hubei Province] Ms. Tao Xi'ai Arrested
- [Hengshui City, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Chunhui Arrested by Officers from the Lubei Police Station
- [Cangzhou City, Hebei Province] Additional Information on the Arrests of Ms. Hu Xiumei, Ms. Cao Shulan, and Ms. Cao Yanxiang
1. [Tumen City, Jilin Province] Mr. Lu Hongyuan Detained
Mr. Lu Hongyuan is an employee of the Tumen City Broadcast and TV Bureau. He was arrested by officers from the Tumen City Police Department on October 9, 2011. He was detained and subjected to brainwashing by the Tumen City 610 Office.
Jin Guang, head of the Tumen City 610 Office: +86-433-3666610, +86-433-3663755, +86-13694331929 (Cell)
Gao Peng, director of the Tumen City Police Department: +86-433-3657001, +86-13804487871 (Cell)
Wu Jilong, chief of the Domestic Security Division: +86-433-3699300, +86-433-3669979, +86-13904465073 (Cell)
Zhou Hong, deputy chief of the Domestic Security Division: +86-433-3698147, +86-433-3663393, +86-13704330915 (Cell)
2. [Tianjin] Mr. Zhou Xiangyang in Critical Condition After Being Tortured in Gangbei Prison
On February 1, 2012, a guard in the Gangbei Prison called Mr. Zhou Xiangyang's mother and said, “Zhou Xiangyang is in critical condition and has been taken to hospital.” He told Mr. Zhou's family to go to the hospital.
3. [Dehui City, Jilin Province] Ms. Zhang Fengqiu's Home Ransacked
The Dehui City Police Department deputy director led a group of officers from the Domestic Security Division and the Guangming Police Station to Ms. Zhang Fengqiu's home and broke in on the evening of January 30, 2012. The officers ransacked the home and confiscated Falun Gong books and some personal belongings. Ms. Zhang wasn't home at the time.
4. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Yan Tingzhen Still Detained
Ms. Yan Tingzhen's whereabouts were once unknown. It is now known that she is being held at the Harbin No. 2 Detention Center. It was reported that Ms. Yan had a severe heart problem. Ms. Yan is on a hunger strike to protest the detention. Her family went to visit her, but the detention center denied their requests.
5. [Xinji City, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Shushen and His Wife Detained
Mr. Zhang Shushen and his wife were arrested on May 17, 2011. They have been held at the Xinjin Detention Center since. Because they refused to give up their beliefs, their arms and legs were heavily shackled for more than 200 days.
Wei Chaohui, chief of Xinji City Domestic Security Division: +86-13930125316 (Cell)
Yang Hengzhang, police officer: +86-311-83382212, +86-1383230980 (Cell)
6. [Zhengzhou City, Henan Province] Ms. Xing Aixiang Detained at the Zhengzhou No. 1 Detention Center
On December 7, 2011, Jincheng Property Management Company personnel deceived Ms. Xing Aixiang into opening her door with the excuse of collecting the water bill. Officers from the Domestic Security Division then barged into Ms. Xing's home and arrested her. The officers confiscated two computers, an MP3 player, a printer, and other personal belongings. Ms. Xing was first taken to the Wanqing Village Brainwashing Center, then transferred to the Zhengzhou No. 1 Detention Center.
Zhengzhou No. 1 Detention Center: +86-371-3941686
7. [Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province] Mr. Yin Hongpei Arrested
On January 30, 2012, officers from the Guangling District Police Station arrested Mr. Yin Hongpei and ransacked his home.
8. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] More Information on the Arrest of Ms. Li Yuzhen
On August 11, 2011, Ms. Li Yuzhen, from the Hujia Village, Kanjia Town, was arrested by four officers from the Kanjia Town Police Station while clarifying the truth. She was taken to the Gaomi City Detention Center. The center authorities refused to admit her because she did not pass the physical. The officers released her after extorting 6,000 yuan from her family as “guarantee money.”
Kanjia Town Police Station: +86-536-2822057, +86-536-2822567
9. [Macheng City, Hubei Province] Ms. Tao Xi'ai Arrested
On the afternoon of February 1, 2012, Ms. Tao Xi'ai was reported and arrested by officers from the Qiting Town Police Station while speaking with people about Falun Gong in the town.
Qiting Town Police Station: +86-713-2091066
Duan Zhigang, director of the Qiting Town Police Station: +86-18986562928 (Cell), +86-18986568676 (Cell), +86-18986568016 (Cell)
10. [Hengshui City, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Chunhui Arrested by Officers from the Lubei Police Station
11. [Cangzhou City, Hebei Province] Additional Information on the Arrests of Ms. Hu Xiumei, Ms. Cao Shulan, and Ms. Cao Yanxiang
Ms. Hu Xiumei was arrested on the evening of January 30, 2012. The next day, Ms. Cao Shulan and Ms. Cao Yanxiang went to the Yunhe Police Sub-Bureau to inquire about Ms. Hu's situation and were both arrested. Officers from the Yunhe Police Sub-Bureau ransacked Ms. Cao Shulan's home while none of her family members were at home. They confiscated two computers, a printer, and other personal belongings. They ransacked Ms. Cao Yanxiang's home at 9:00 p.m. that night. Ms. Cao Shulan and Ms. Cao Yanxiang are being held at the sub-bureau.
Tang Guoli, officer at the Domestic Security Division of the Yunhe Police Sub-Bureau: +86-13603271866 (Cell), +86-317-5309879
Director of the Cangzhou City Detention Center: +86-317-5523198