(Minghui.org) Ms. Zhao Yishu from Zhunyi, Guizhou Province, was arrested in November 2010 because she practiced Falun Gong. She was detained in the Guizhou “Law Education Center” (brainwashing center) for about six months. As a result of persecution, she suffered severe illness and passed away on November 23, 2012. Ms. Zhao's daughter, Ms. Pan Lingyun, was arrested at the same time and sentenced to three years.

Arrested in November 2010

On November 1, 2010, the Zhunyi Domestic Security Division ordered officers from Changzheng Town to stop Ms. Pan Yingyun on her way to work. The officers took her keys from her bag and forcibly entered her home. They took her computer, Falun Dafa materials, and other personal property and arrested Ms. Pan's mother, Ms. Zhao Zhengshu. Mother and daughter were sent to a “study class” in Banshan Water Reservoir in Zhunyi.

Ms. Pan went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. She and her mother shouted “Falun Dafa is good” and “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good” at various times. They were hung and handcuffed in public view by CCP personnel. Since they refused to be “transformed,” they were transferred to the Zhunyi Detention Center on November 6, 2010. When they arrived, the guards stripped off their clothes and did a body search. In the detention center, they were monitored at all times. They had to face a certain direction to sleep.

Unlawfully Sentenced to Prison

Ms. Pan was tried on March 18, 2011. At the hearing, she defended herself and presented a letter about the truth of Falun Gong to the judge. The court sentenced her to three years in prison. Ms. Zhao was transferred to the “Law Education Center” in Jinzhu Town, the Xiaohe District, Guiyang, after being held in the detention center for one month, because of her age.

Ms. Zhao's Health Deteriorates

Ms. Zhao had been very healthy. After being detained in the brainwashing center, she gradually developed intractable constipation and severe insomnia, which she never had before. She suffered severe uterine bleeding four or five times. She was sent to the Guizhou Province Public Security Hospital, but no one told her what was wrong. Her health deteriorated daily. She was weak and her legs were swollen. She was not released until both her body and mind were damaged.

Ms. Zhao was released in April 2012. Her health continued to deteriorate. She passed away in the Zhunyi First People's Hospital at 2 p.m. on November 23, 2012. She was hospitalized about ten days before her death. Doctors diagnosed her with cervical cancer that had spread throughout her whole body and extreme anemia.