Large-scale Arrests of Practitioners in Mudanjiang City (Photo)
(Minghui.org) On November 2, 2012, several Falun Gong practitioners in Mudanjiang City, Heilongjiang Province, were arrested by Yang Danbei, a member of the Mudanjiang Domestic Security Team, and other local police officers. Some of the arrests happened at home, some at work, and some on trains or at train stations. This would indicate that the arrests were planned and coordinated.
Freedom of religion and belief is every citizen's basic right, guaranteed by the Chinese Constitution. Yet Yang Danbei and other police officers ransacked people's home and arrested them for their belief in Falun Gong. This is an open violation of the Constitution and an abuse of power.
Details about the arrests:
1. On November 2, Ms. Zhuang Xiaoli was arrested on a train (or at the Mudanjiang train station) by Yang Danbei. Later in the morning, Yang and other police officers ransacked Ms. Zhuang's mother's home.
2. Mr. Wang Rujiang from the Mudanjiang Railway Train Management Division was supposed to go home on the morning of November 2 after his shift, but he has disappeared. When his relatives went to his home that night, they saw that it was a mess after being ransacked. Mr. Wang's whereabouts is unknown (he might have been arrested at work).
3. Around 9 a.m. on November 2, policeman Wang Jiuchun of the Xingfu Residential Area led the Mudanjiang Domestic Security team to Ms. Li Guiying's home in East Xin'an Community. They knocked on the door. Ms. Li was not at home, but her husband opened the door. Without showing any warrant, the police took her husband to the station for interrogation. They also ransacked the home and confiscated several Dafa books. They hid at the building entrance and arrested Ms. Li Guiying when she returned home at 10 a.m. Ms. Li was taken to the Xinglong Detention Center, Mudanjiang. Her husband was released afterward.
4. On the afternoon of November 2, Ms. Sun Fa was arrested at home.
5. At 4 p.m. on November 2, Yang Danbei directed police from the Mudanjiang Domestic Security Team and Xi'an District Police Department, Mudanjiang to go to Ms. Zhang's home in the West Sanlongmen Neighborhood. Ms. Zhang refused to let them enter her home. The police failed in their arrest attempt. However, they arrested two other practitioners whose names are unknown.
6. Ms. Han Xiufang was arrested at her home on the afternoon of November 2.
7. Ms. Ma Shujie from the Jiangxi Mudan Elementary School was arrested at the school's front office at 3 p.m. on November 2.
8. Ms. Zhang, in her 70s, who lives on the Xisantiao Road, was also arrested on the same day. Her home was ransacked. Police confiscated her Dafa books and other belongings and she was taken to a detention center that evening. After finding that she had high blood pressure, the police released her at 10 p.m.
9. That afternoon, practitioners Mr. Lin Chunzi, Ms. Li Yanling and her mother, Ms. Xu Shujuan, Ms. Han, Ms. Peng, Ms. Liu, Ms. Yu (in her 70s), and Ms. Deng were all arrested.