(Minghui.org) Mr. Liu Qingtao lives on Zhongchang Street, Jinzhouxin District, Dalian, Liaoning Province. On the morning of July 6, 2012, he was intercepted and arrested by four plainclothes policemen from the Wanli Police Station in Dalian Developing District as he drove home from his night shift work. Police confiscated his car as an accessory to a crime. Mr. Liu is being detained in the Daheishan Detention Center in Dalian Developing District. His wife, 83-year-old mother, and son are extremely upset.

On July 6, 2012, about 7 a.m., Mr. Liu's wife was about to go to work, when she was stopped by police who lay in wait outside her home. They forced her to unlock her front door, and about a dozen police then forced their way into her home. They ransacked the rooms without presenting any relevant legal document. The police took away a laptop, printer, cell phone and other property. The police even searched the room of Mr. Liu's 83-year-old mother. When she refused to allow the police in to her room, they twisted her arms and pushed her aside. The elderly lady was terribly frightened.

Mr. Liu's wife was forcibly taken to the Wanli Police Station, where she was interrogated and threatened. She was not released until late at night. Her mother-in-law was so frightened she could only lie in bed, not eating and drinking.

Mr. Liu Qingtao is about 40 years old. After he started to practice Falun Dafa, he went through positive changes in both mind and body. He gave up many bad habits, including smoking, getting drunk and playing mahjong. He also became healthy. In 1999, the Chinese Communist Party utilized its mouthpiece media to defame Falun Dafa and brutally persecute Falun Gong practitioners. Mr. Liu went to Beijing to report the truth about Falun Dafa. He was arrested by the Jinzhou Police Department and detained in the Jinzhou Detention Center for one year. Later on, he was sentenced to five years in prison and sent to the Huazi Prison in Liaoning Province, where he was inhumanly tortured. His mother, wife and son wished him to come back every day. Mr. Liu was released in 2004; however, he was sent to a forced labor camp for two years in 2006.