Name: Qu Lianxi (曲连喜)
Gender: male
Age: 52
Address: Zhongshan District of Dalian City
Occupation: n/a
Date of Most Recent Arrest: July 6, 2012
Most Recent Place of Detention: Dalian City Forced Labor Camp (大连劳动教养院)
Persecution Suffered:
imprisonment, sleep deprivation, forced labor, brainwashing, beatings, hung up, torture, force-feedings, denial of restroom use, detention, home ransacked

( Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Qu Lianxi was illegally arrested in Dalian City on July 6, 2012, and immediately sent to the Yaojia Detention Center. In early August, he was transferred to Dalian Forced Labor Camp with a 2-year term. He had been released from a 10-year incarceration less than a year beforehand.

The arrest was carried out by a group of police officers led by Gao Tiansheng, deputy police chief, and Wang Ding, policeman, from the Kuiying Street Police Station in Zhongshan District, Dalian.

The police also ransacked Mr. Qu's home and confiscated his computer, two printers, two MP3 players, two mobile telephones and over 2,500 yuan in cash. They later returned to Mr. Qu's home and extorted over 250 yuan from his family, using the excuse of having to cover Mr. Qu's costs for a health examination.

Mr. Qu had been imprisoned for 10 years prior to the current arrest. He was released on August 8, 2011.

On August 29, 2001, Mr. Qu was arrested by officers from the Shahekou District Police Department of Dalian City. Subsequently, he was sentenced to 10 years in prison. Initially he was detained at the Huazi Prison in Liaoyang City, where he started a hunger strike to protest the persecution. The guards took him to the prison health center and force-fed him, cuffing his hands and tying his feet to a bed and a tying a rope to constrict his chest. The force-feeding was carried out 2-3 times a day by two prison guards. At nights Mr. Qu was allowed to sleep only for a couple hours. He was not allowed to leave the bed even to urinate; inmates had to help him use a container. He was allowed to defecate only once a day. This continued for 3 months, during which Mr. Qu became extremely thin and suffered unbearable pain due to bed sores, in addition to the brutal force-feeding.


Torture re-enactment: Force-feeding through nostrils

After over 5 years in the Huazi Prison, Mr. Qu was transferred to the Panjin Prison, where he was persecuted further.

Entire Family Tormented by the Persecution

The long-term persecution has caused tremendous pain for Mr. Qu's family, including his 86-year-old mother. His son has requested for the confiscated personal belongings and money to be returned four times. The first time, the police told him, “You have to wait before we can return them.” The second time, they said, “We will return them after everything has settled.” The third time, they said, “We will return them after Mr. Qu is released.” The fourth and last time, they said, “We won't return them.”

Many members in Mr. Qu's family practice Falun Gong and have benefited both physically and mentally from their practice. They have been subjected to imprisonment, detention and forced labor for their faith.

Mr. Qu's second eldest sister, Ms. Qu Xiulan, has also been persecuted by the authorities for her faith in Falun Gong. On March 19, 2012, she was arrested by officers from the Youyi Police Station of Jinzhou District, Dalian City. On April 25, she was sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. However, she did not pass a medical examination and was then released. Ms. Qu Xiulan was also arrested in July 2001 by officers from the Liangjiadian Police Station of Jinzhou and taken to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp for a 2-year term.

His third eldest sister, Ms. Qu Ping, was arrested and detained 6 times and died in 2006 as a result of the persecution.

Mr. Qu's wife, Ms. Shi Guifen, was detained 5 times, including 3 times in the Masanjia Forced Labor. Additionally, Ms. Shi's elder sister, Ms. Shi Guixiang, was sentenced to 2 years of forced labor.

Mr. Qu's father died in early August 2001. At the time, Mr. Qu was forced to flee his home to avoid being arrested and his two sisters were both in prison. They did not have the chance to see their father one last time.

Police officers participating in the persecution of Mr. Qu Lianxi:

Gao Tiansheng, community squadron lead, Kuiying Street Police Station: +86-411-82684729
Wang Ding, Kuiying Street Police Station: +86-15840895912