Name: Song Caihong (宋彩虹)
Gender: Female
Age: About 35
Address: Zhaojiawan, Xingcheng City, Liaoning Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: December 30, 2011
Most Recent Place of Detention:
Huludao House of Detention (葫芦岛拘留所)
City: Huludao
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, brutal beating, forced labor reform, solitary confinement, handcuffed and shackled, physical constraint, illegal sentencing, imprisonment, electric shock

( On December 30, 2011, Ms. Song Caihong and Ms. Zhou Lizhen from Xingcheng, Liaoning Province, were reported to police for talking to people about Falun Gong. They were taken away by officers from the Diaoyutai Police Station. Ms. Song kept shouting “Falun Dafa is good!” after she was arrested. Zhang Lijun from the Xingcheng Domestic Security Division took her to the Huludao Detention Center that night.

In just a few days Ms. Song, who originally weighed about 130 pounds, became emaciated. She was beaten many times by Zhang Lijun and other officers from the Xingcheng Domestic Security Division because she would not give her name and shouted that “Falun Dafa is good!” Ms. Song vomited blood and could not eat at that time. A few days ago, Zhang Lijun and other officers brutally beat Ms. Song again. As a result, her kidney was injured and she had symptoms of acute uremia.

In order to avoid responsibility for their actions, the Xingcheng Domestic Security Division ordered the Huludao Detention Center to call Ms. Song's family. Ms. Song's elder sister went to visit her. She was very upset when she saw her sister's condition. Ms. Song's sister took her to the Huludao Hospital immediately. At that time, officers from the Diaojutai Police Station escorted them to the hospital. The officers ordered the doctor to write nothing. Finally, Ms. Song's family had to bring her back to the Xingcheng Hospital to see a doctor. She was diagnosed with acute uremia, requiring dialysis. At that time, the domestic security division said it was caused by Ms. Song's hunger strike, not the fact that she was beaten.

Currently Ms. Song is clearheaded sometimes and sometimes not. The people who beat her included Zhang Lijun and Gao Hui.

The persecution Ms. Song Caihong suffered previously:

Ms. Song Caihong was arrested when she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. She practiced the Falun Gong exercises in the lockup center. The guards handcuffed and shackled her. She was released on October 10, 1999. On October 13, 1999, Ms. Song was taken to the lockup center again because she practiced the exercises at Dongshan Stadium. She was sentenced to three years of forced labor on October 31, 1999, and detained in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. She spent two Chinese New Years in a small cell. Her hands and feet were attached to two layers of steel rings. She could not move at all. She was often beaten by the guards and wounds covered her body. When her term was almost over, Ms. Song, along with Ms. Li Dongqing and Li Liming, was sentenced to five more years in prison in July 2002. She was first sent to the Shenyang Detention Center and then transferred to Dabei Women's Prison, where she was often beaten, physically punished, and electrically shocked. Ms. Li Dongqing collapsed mentally after being detained in a forced labor camp, prison, and mental hospital. She passed away at the age 49 in the first half of 2011.