(Clearwisdom.net) The Jiutai City Court tried and sentenced five Falun Gong practitioners to prison on December 13, 2011. Before the trial, the court called in many police officers in the Jiutai area, and they were dispatched around the courthouse. During the trial, the judge only asked a couple of simple questions, and then read the verdict in court and hastily ended the trial.

Ms. Tan Guohua and Ms. Li Jie were sentenced to three years in prison, Ms. Yong Xian and Ms. Lu Guixia were sentenced to four years, and Ms. Wei Caiyan was sentenced to three and a half years.

The practitioners maintained that they were not guilty and would appeal to the higher court. Falun Gong practitioners are good people. They are telling people the truth about the persecution and the goodness of Falun Gong. They are exercising their basic rights of belief and speech, and maintaining other people's right to know.

On May 5, 2011, officers from the Jiutai Domestic Security Team, the Nanshan Police Station, and the Gongnong Street Police Station, broke into a practitioner's home and arrested Ms. Li Jie and Ms. Wei Caiyan. The officers also confiscated four laptop computers, eleven printers, and other personal belongings.

Ms. Tan Guohua, in her fifties, was reported on May 20, 2011, while posting signs that contained truth-clarification information. She was arrested by officers from the Yingcheng Town Police Station, and her home was ransacked that afternoon.

On the morning of July 26, 2011, Ms. Yong Xian spoke to a man about Falun Gong who happened to be a plainclothes officer. Ms. Yong was arrested and handcuffed. The officers ransacked her home that night and confiscated a computer, a printer, some DVDs, and other personal belongings.

The practitioners were detained at the Jiutai Detention Center and the guards didn't allow their families to visit. The guards subjected them to brainwashing and attempted to force them to renounce their beliefs.

The Jiutai Domestic Security Team submitted the case to the Changchun Procuratorate with the fabricated evidence. It was rejected due to insufficient evidence. However, officers from the Jiutai Detention Center, the Domestic Security Team, and 610 Office continue to fabricate evidence.