Additional Persecution News from China – January 5, 2012 (12 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 12 cities or counties and in eight provinces. In this report, 10 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 14 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province] Mr. Song Zhiyu Imprisoned
- [Linghai City, Liaoning Province] Additional Information on the Arrest of Mr. Li Feng
- [Yi County, Liaoning Province] Ms. Xue Runqiu Arrested
- [Quanzhou City, Fujian Province] Mr. Lin Wenhui Seriously Ill After Being Persecuted
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Liu Hui's Whereabouts Unknown
- [Lingqiu County, Shanxi Province] Six Practitioners Arrested
- [Xiangyang City, Hubei Province] Three Practitioners Detained
- [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Shulian and Ms. Qi Junling Held at a Forced Labor Camp
- [Mishan City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. He Jiang Imprisoned for Nine Years
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] More Information about Ms. Lu Shufang's Arrest
- [Chenzhou City, Hunan Province] Ms. Lei Rirao Detained
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Han Cuiying and Four Other Practitioners Arrested
1. [Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province] Mr. Song Zhiyu Imprisoned
Mr. Song Zhiyu is being incarcerated at the Bao'anzhao Prison in Jalaid Banner, Hinggan League, Inner Mongolia.
2. [Linghai City, Liaoning Province] Additional Information on the Arrest of Mr. Li Feng
On January 1, 2012, Mr. Li Feng was arrested by officers from the Jinzhou City 610 Office at his parents' home. The officers confiscated a computer, a photo of the founder of Falun Gong, and Falun Gong books. Mr. Li is being detained at the Jinzhou City Detention Center.
3. [Yi County, Liaoning Province] Ms. Xue Runqiu Arrested
On the morning of January 4, 2012, SWAT officers broke into Ms. Xue Runqiu's home in Hounihezi Village, Qianyang Town, Yi County and arrested her. The officers confiscated several hundred calendars that contained truth-clarifying information and a calendar hole puncher.
Several practitioners were arrested on December 19, 2011. Among them, Mr. Zhong Shifeng and Ms. Wu Guiyun were released. Ms. Zhao Guiping is still being detained at the Jinzhou City Detention Center.
Li Qingfeng, head of the Yi County Political and Judiciary
Committee: +86-416-7873601, +86-416-7791666, +86-13704060666
Cong Jiansheng, head of the Yi County 610 Office: +86-13591280260, +86-416-7711610, +86-416-2769099
Li Fu, director of the Yi County Police Department: +86-13904169868 (Cell)
Xie Guoguang, deputy director of the Yi County Police Department: +86-13904167688, +86-416-7729099
Jinzhou City Detention Center: +86-416-3708086
4. [Quanzhou City, Fujian Province] Mr. Lin Wenhui Seriously Ill After Being Persecuted
Mr. Lin Wenhui was taken to a forced labor camp twice. He suffered from liver ascites as a result of the persecution in the camp. The camp authorities didn't want to be held responsible, and released Mr. Lin on medical parole.
5. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Liu Hui's Whereabouts Unknown
On December 15, 2011, Ms. Liu Hui was arrested and her home was ransacked. Her current whereabouts are unknown.
6. [Lingqiu County, Shanxi Province] Six Practitioners Arrested
On the afternoon of January 3, 2012, six practitioners were arrested while distributing truth-clarification materials by car. The arrested practitioners were: Mr. Li Yongsheng, Mr. Xue Fuping, Ms. Wang Zhenxia, Ms. Sun Jinrong, Ms. Liu Er'hua, and Mr. Li Siping.
Luo Yongshan, head of the Lingqiu County Party Committee:
+86-352-8522218, +86-352-2045390, +86-13803426594 (Cell)
Zhao Yuzhu, director of the Lingqiu Police Station: +86-13903522206 (Cell)
Wang Yinglong, deputy director of the Lingqiu Police Station: +86-13994321288 (Cell)
Qiao Zhengbing, chief the Domestic Security Division: +86-13835293748 (Cell)
7. [Xiangyang City, Hubei Province] Three Practitioners Detained
On the afternoon of January 1, 2012, three practitioners were reported while handing out Shen Yun DVDs at the Shi Market in Xiangyang. They were taken to the Xiangyang City Detention Center. The three practitioners are Ms. Zhu Peilin, 68, a retired employee of the Materials Company of the Xiangyang Munition Factory, Ms. Chen Wenying, 69 and Ms. Hu Mingzhen, 64.
8. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Wang Shulian and Ms. Qi Junling Held at a Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Wang Sulian and Ms. Qi Junling are being held at the Tangshan Women's Forced Labor Camp. Ms. Wang was often beaten because she insisted on doing the Falun Gong exercises. Ms. Qi was not released after she finished her term. She went on a hunger strike to protest the unlawful practice and was force-fed every day.
9. [Mishan City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. He Jiang Imprisoned for Nine Years
On April 24, 2002, Mr. He Jiang was arrested by officers Meng Qingqi and Du Yongshan from the Mishan City Police Department. He was sentenced to 11 years in prison and was imprisoned in the Jianzishan Prison in Mudanjiang City. On December 19, 2011, he was released after nine years and eight months of imprisonment.
10. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] More Information about Ms. Lu Shufang's Arrest
On the afternoon of December 31, 2011, Ms. Lu Shufang, 68, from Yanfen Community, Tiexi District, was reported by Kang Changqing, head of the Yanfen Community Sub-District Office, while handing out calendars that contained truth-clarifying information. Several officers including Lu Shengkui from the Yanfen Police Station arrested Ms. Lu and took her to the station, and then to the Tiexi District Police Sub-Bureau. The officers later took Ms. Lu to a detention center. The center authorities refused to admit her as she failed the physical exam. Ms. Lu was released the next day.
Yanfen Police Station: +86-24-25892518
Yanfen Community Sub-District Office: +86-24-25901645
11. [Chenzhou City, Hunan Province] Ms. Lei Rirao Detained
On January 1, 2012, Ms. Lei Rirao was arrested while handing out truth-clarification materials on the street. She is being detained at the Chenzhou City Detention Center.
12. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Han Cuiying and Four Other Practitioners Arrested
On the afternoon of January 4, 2012, Ms. Han Cuiying, Ms. Huang Shouxi, Ms. Hu, Ms. Liu, and Ms. Yue were reported while they were distributing informational materials in Shancun Village, Wangji Community, Xinzhou District. They were arrested by officers from the Wangji Police Station and later taken to the Wuhan Women's No. 1 Detention Center.
Wangji Police Station: +86-27-89871173