Name: Hu Yurong(胡玉蓉)
Age: 40
Address: Xinshi Township, Baocheng District, Qu County, Sichuan Province(渠县宝成区新市乡)
Occupation: Teacher
Date of Most Recent Arrest: November 26, 2010
Most recent place of detention: Qu County Detention Center(渠县看守所)
City: Qu County
Province: Sichuan
Persecution Suffered: Detention, illegal sentencing, fired from workplace, forced labor reform, home ransacked.

( Ms. Hu Yurong, a Falun Gong practitioner from Qu County, Sichuan Province, was sentenced to seven years on August 23, 2011 after being held for nine months. In the courtroom her parents yelled loudly, “The evidence is false!” The judge pretended not to hear them. Her parents are over 70 years old. They were outraged and traumatized by the suffering and persecution inflicted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and fainted frequently in court.

Hu Yurong suffered cruel torture in Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Sichuan Province from January 2008 to April 2010.

On November 26, 2010, Ms. Hu Yurong was arrested by officers from the Qu County Domestic Security Division while looking for work. She was locked up in the Qu County Detention Center. On August 23, 2011, officers from the Baocheng District and the Qu County Domestic Security Division, and the head of Matou Village, produced false evidence during the court hearing in Qu County. They claimed that Ms. Hu Yurong was handing out flyers but the information and date were inconsistent. She was at home cooking on the date stated. A carpenter and furniture movers were at her home and many villagers helped to move her furniture. They all saw her but the officers claimed that she was handing out flyers on that day in a different location. Her parents requested to have the villagers testify, but the court only allowed the false evidence produced by Gong Zhili and Yuan Maoju, the village heads. Even if Ms. Hu had been handing out flyers, freedom of speech is a protected and guaranteed right in the Chinese Constitution.

Dozens of government officials from Baocheng District went to Ms. Hu's father's home. They wanted to take him to the town government offices and question him. He told them, “If you force me to go, I will commit suicide.” After being threatened and harassed, he developed a nose bleed that wouldn't stop, and was hospitalized for three days at the Baocheng Hospital.

Gong Zhili and Yuan Maoju told Ms. Hu's parents, “We have been instructed and forced to say what we said in court by the officers from Qu County Domestic Security Division.”

Ms. Hu Yurong refused to acknowledge the court judgment. She asked her father to hire a lawyer. Her father said, “We don't have enough money and no lawyer dares to speak on your behalf. Write something for yourself.”

Ms. Hu Yurong was illegally arrested by CCP agents in Tibet, where she had a teaching position, and was sentenced to five years. She returned at the end of 2006. In 2007 she was removed from her teaching position by her work unit. She was sent back to Xinshi Township, Baocheng District, in Qu County. Ms. Hu and her husband were divorced. She had one child. The CCP locked her up again for 15 days because she wrote an open letter revealing that the CCP illegally fired her from her teaching position, but did not transfer her residence registration back to her home town. Her residence registration had been previously transferred to Tibet.

On October 1, 2007, several dozen CCP personnel broke into Ms. Hu Yurong's home intending to arrest her. She had already left, but when she returned two weeks later they arrested her. They sent her back to Tibet. Tibet compensated her more than 20,000 yuan and agreed to give her back her job. On January 10, 2008, Ms. Hu returned to her home town to celebrate the New Year with her relatives. She was arrested by the Domestic Security Division in Xinshi Township, Baocheng District, Qu County on the fourth day of the New Year. She was sent to a forced labor camp and cruelly tortured for two and a half years.

In April 2010, Ms. Hu was released from Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Sichuan Province. On November 26, 2010, she was arrested when she went outside. Afterwards, government officials from Baocheng District searched her home. They told her father, “Hu Yurong has been arrested by Qu County Public Security Bureau and is in the hospital. Her leg is fractured.”