Name: Wang Zhidong (王志东)
Gender: Male
Age: Unknown
Address: Quanyang Town, Beishan City, Jilin Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
June 22, 2011
Most recent place of detention:
Fenjin Forced Labor Camp in Changchun (长春市奋进劳教所)
City: Changchun
Province: Jilin
Persecution Suffered: Detention, interrogation, extortion, iron chair, brutal torments, forced labor

( Falun Gong practitioner Wang Zhidong, from Quanyang, Baishan, Jilin Province, went to visit his friends on June 22, 2011, but was arrested by officers from the Domestic Security Division. After interrogation under torture, without giving his name, he was unlawfully sentenced to two years in a forced labor camp. He was first sent to Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun. After two months, he was transferred to Fenjin Forced Labor Camp in Changchun. His family did not know where he was or what had happened to him.

When Wang was visiting friends in Linjiang, he suddenly heard a noise outside and then someone jumped through the window into the room. Together with the police from downstairs, the abductor handcuffed Wang, took off Wang's belt, and tied it around Wang’s bare feet, then dragged him downstairs. The policemen then pushed him into a car and took him to the Domestic Security Division at the Linjiang Police Department.

Once inside an officer asked Wang his name and where he was from. They also searched him and confiscated his two cell phones and 1,500 yuan in cash. The police officers took him to the basement, and tied his hands and feet to an iron chair. Another police officer came in and brutally kicked his legs with his steel-capped leather boots. The officer then twisted his bare feet and shouted at him, demanding to know his name, where he was from, and what job he did.


Torture re-enactment: Iron chair

Mr. Wang did not respond to the interrogation, so the police officer became even more brutal, and kicked his legs until Wang lost consciousness. His toenails were pulled out and blood was pouring out.

At around 10:00 a.m. the next day, Mr. Wang was released from the iron chair and taken out of the basement. He was detained for another 15 days, and still had not divulged his name.

In the detention center, the guards ordered him to wear the prison uniform, but he refused. When the guards began to beat him, Wang said righteously that he was innocent, and only then did they stop beating him. After the 15 days, the Domestic Security Division in Linjiang Police Department sent Mr. Wang to the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun, for a two -year detention. After two months, Wang was transferred to Fenjin Forced Labor Camp.

Mr. Wang’s family was very worried when he didn't return home that day. They asked around for his whereabouts and any information that would help them find him. On July 8, they heard that he had been sent to Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp for two years. His family went to the forced labor camp, and saw that he had became much thinner, and they were very concerned for his wellbeing.