(Clearwisdom.net) After practicing Falun Gong, Ms. Luan Guirong recovered from severe arthritis. After the persecution began in 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was illegally detained and subsequently dismissed from her job. Her husband was an employee at Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp. Because he delivered daily necessities and clothing to practitioners, he was persecuted, and subsequently passed away in 2001. The following is Ms. Luan's account of the persecution she suffered.

Recovery from Severe Arthritis after Practicing Falun Gong

I started the practice in 1996. Before practicing Falun Gong, I suffered from severe migraines, rheumatoid arthritis, and cervical spondylosis. The arthritis brought me tremendous pain, and I went to nearly every hospital in the city to seek treatment. However, despite injections and medications, my condition did not improve much. Amidst my suffering, every day felt like a year to me, yet I was only in my thirties at the time.

I fortunately learned about Falun Dafa, and through cultivation I learned the fundamental cause of illness as well as the meaning of life.

At work, I strictly conducted myself according to the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. I tried to be considerate of others in everything I did, and my conduct won the approval of my colleagues and superiors.

As I kept improving my moral values, the illnesses that plagued me for many years disappeared. My husband also felt that Dafa was extraordinary and began to support me in my practice.

Appealing in Beijing and Being Dismissed From My Job

After July 20, 1999, Falun Gong was brutally suppressed by the Chinese Communist regime. I went to Beijing to appeal, and upon arriving there, I went to Tiananmen Square to validate that Falun Dafa is good. I was dragged into a car by riot police in front of Tiananmen Square and taken to the Jiamusi Liaison Office in Beijing. Someone from the Yonghong Police Department in Jiamusi took me back to Jiamusi, directly to the detention center. Twenty-two days later, a sum of 2,000 yuan was extorted from my mother, and I was then released. Upon returning home, my superiors dismissed me from my job, and I was fined 1,000 yuan.

My Husband Implicated

My husband worked in the canteen of Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp. During the most severe period of the persecution, Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp detained many practitioners. Someone entrusted my husband to pass daily necessities and clothing to a practitioner. A prison warden inspected the items, saw the characters “firm conviction” written on the clothes, and reported it to his superiors. My husband's superiors interrogated him numerous times and exerted pressure on him. Soon after, my husband's job was changed, and he had to take male convicts to carry out labor duties outside the labor camp. The great contrast in his job duties and being stigmatized by fellow colleagues put tremendous mental pressure on him. He became irritable and often lost his temper. The persecution took a toll on his health. In 2001 he finally broke down from the various injustices he suffered and passed away from a brain disease. He was only 38 years old.

In order to support my 13-year-old son in his studies, I took on many casual jobs to make a living. With my meager earnings, I managed to support the family. However, police officers from the Youyi Street Police Station in Jiamusi City and the neighborhood committee came to pound on my door every now and then, threatening to arrest me. My son has been so traumatized by the harassment that he is afraid to open the door and let in strangers.