Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Fu Chengyou, from Bayuquan District, Yingkou, Liaoning Province, has been homeless for nine years in order to avoid further persecution. On June 28, 2011, officers Zhang Ji and Liu Sen from the Liaoning Domestic Security Division harassed Mr. Fu's son at his house and demanded he tell them his father's whereabouts. After Mr. Fu's family refused to tell them anything, the police began to monitor his family's daily activities.

Mr. Fu was arrested by officers from the Nantai Police Department in Haicheng City, Liaoning Province on July 2, 2002. He was subsequently detained at the Haicheng Detention Center, where he was persecuted severely. Due to the severe abuse, his body became so swollen that he couldn't wear his clothes or shoes. He was sent to the Haicheng City Hospital for comprehensive examinations and then taken back to the detention center. The doctors found that his heart, liver, spleen, lungs and kidneys had all lost the ability to function normally, and they concluded that he was dying.

Later on, agents from the 610 Office and the judicial systems in Anshan and Haicheng City all came to visit Mr. Fu at the detention center to confirm his poor health condition. To avoid being held responsible for his possible death, they contacted his family members and quickly released him. Mr. Fu stayed at home for 18 days. After doing the Falun Gong exercises and reading the books, his health condition rapidly improved and he could even walk up and down the stairs.

However, on November 8, 2002 the head of Bayuquan Domestic Security Division Wang Kui and police officer Zhang Lu led a group of police to surround Mr. Fu's house. They planned to ransack his house. Mr. Fu told Wang Kui that he almost died under the persecution at the Haicheng Detention Center and explained that, because he was dying, he was released. Seeing that his legs were still swollen very badly, the police were reluctant to arrest him. Instead, they took away his wife, son and grandson. After they left, the police changed their minds and went back to arrest Mr. Fu. To avoid further persecution, Mr. Fu left home and started the life of being homeless and wandering about for about nine years.

The political head of Bayuquan Domestic Security Division Hui Huaiqi led a young police officer to the Changjiang Road Elementary School on July 15, 2011, looking for Mr. Fu's nine-year-old granddaughter. The deputy headmaster and class teacher Xu Qian helped the police find the child. After school was out, the young officer deliberately ran after the child. The child was terrified and kept running. Even after she had been home a long time, she was still very frightened.

The police went to Mr. Fu's second son's house around July 15, 2011. Mr. Fu's 9-year-old grandson was home alone when a plainclothes officer knocked at the door. He was so frightened that he ran out of the house and stayed outside for four hours. He didn't go back home until his mother came back from work.

Contact Information:
Hui Huaiqi, political head of Bayuquan Domestic Security Division: 86-13940793487 (Cell)
Zhang Ji, head of Yingkou Domestic Security Division: 86-15941718616 (Cell)
Liu Sen, Yingkou Domestic Security Division: 86-13941757468 (Cell)