Additional Persecution News from China – June 27, 2011 (21 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 18 cities or counties in 11 provinces. As per this report, 15 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 23 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ganjingzi District Domestic Security Division Officials Arrest Many Practitioners
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Shen Hongyan Sent to a Brainwashing Center after Four Years of Imprisonment
- [Mishan City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Xin Jing Arrested, Her Whereabouts Unknown
- [Luzhou City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Huang Deshu Arrested and Not Yet Released
- [Chongqing] Tongliang County Practitioner Peng Dongjun Arrested by Plainclothes Police the Morning of June 24
- [Shifang City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Wu Zhaolan Arrested
- [Lijiang City, Yunnan Province] Ms. Zhang Kaifeng Sent to a Labor Camp
- [Dehong Zhou, Yunnan Province] Mr. Tan Shitian Sentenced
- [Dongguan City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Yin Zhuandi and Others Arrested by Liangping Police Station Officials in Liaobu Town
- [Bengbu City, Anhui Province] Ms. Wu Jufeng Arrested
- [Yushu City, Jilin Province] Mr. Zhang Liyou Arrested at Homeon the Afternoon of June 25
- [Suizhou City, Hubei Province] 610 Office Agents Arrested City Central Hospital Doctor Ms. Bao Jinfeng at Work on June 24
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Liu Ruiqing Sent to the Xinglongshan Brainwashing Center
- [Chongqing] Mr. Zhang Guofu Arrested
- [Yutian County, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhang Haiyan Arrested and Sent to the Kaiping Forced Labor Camp
- [Yutian County, Hebei Province] Update Regarding the Persecution of Yutian County Practitioners
- [Gaizhou City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Shi Jiafang Arrested
- [Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Pan Hanyu and Ms. Zhu Yuan Arrested
- [Chengde City, Hebei Province] Childcare Teacher Ms. Tong Duoli Sent to a 610 Office Brainwashing Center
- [Urumqi City, Xinjiang Autonomous Region] Ms. Chen Xinhua and Relatives Arrested More than One Year Ago - Belated Information -
- [Gong'an County, Hubei Province] Mr. Tang Donghua's Home Ransacked
1. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ganjingzi District Domestic Security Division Officials Arrest Many Practitioners
Jiao Jian, Chen Xin and more than 20 plainclothes officers from the Ganjingzi District Domestic Security Division arrived at the home of a practitioner surnamed Shen on Wenti Street on the afternoon of June 25, 2011. They illegally arrested 21 practitioners and took them to the Ganjingzi Police Department; the arrested included Cui from Chaoyang City; Shi from Chaoyang City; Gu from Dalian City and Liu from Jinzhou City. During the process the persecutors pushed two practitioners to the floor and stomped on their heads. Practitioner Shi's eyes became bruised, as did practitioner Feng's chin.
The practitioners were sent to the Yaojia Detention Center at night. Two of them were released on the morning of June 26. The remaining practitioners are still locked up at the Dalian Detention Facility.
Jiao Jiang, Domestic Security Division head: 86-411-82637089
Chen Xin, Domestic Security Division deputy head: 86-13009497373; 86-411-81907373
Wang Hongtoao, head of the Yaojia Detention Center at Dalian City: 86-411-86886166; 86-411-86887811; 86-411-86887816
Dalian Detention Facility: 86-411-83792747
2. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Shen Hongyan Sent to a Brainwashing Center after Four Years of Imprisonment
Ms. Shen Hongyan had been sentenced to four years of imprisonment and was held at Wuhan Women’s Prison. When her family arrived to pick her up on June 23, the day her term expired, they found that prison officials and Wuchang District 610 Office agents had sent her to the Yangyuan Brainwashing Center one day earlier.
3. [Mishan City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Xin Jing Arrested, Her Whereabouts Unknown
Six officials including Zhao Suyun, Lianhua Community Committee head in Mishan City; and Wang Xiaoping from the 610 Office arrested Ms. Xin Jing on June 18, 2011 prior to her leaving for work. Here current whereabouts are unknown.
Zhao Suyun: 86-13555476255
Wang Xiaoping: 86-13054320510
4. [Luzhou City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Huang Deshu Arrested and Not Yet Released
Naxi District practitioners Ms. Yang Taizhen and Mr. Huang Deshu were arrested on the morning of June 4, 2011. Participating were agents from Longche Town Police Station and the Naxi Domestic Security Division. Ms. Yang Taizhen was released after a five-day hunger strike. Mr. Huang Deshu is still held at the Anfu Detention Center in Luzhou City.
Deng Song, from the Domestic Security Division: 86-13795976860,
Huang Zhihua, Naxi District Police Department head: 86-830-4118601
5. [Chongqing] Tongliang County Practitioner Peng Dongjun Arrested by Plainclothes Police on the Morning of June 24
Head of the local 610 Office: 86-1365835533
6. [Shifang City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Wu Zhaolan Arrested
Police arrested 57-year-old Ms. Wu Zhaolan, a Boluo Village practitioner from Majing Town working in Deyang City, on the morning of June 21. She had already survived three forced labor camp terms totaling two years, three years, and 18 months.
7. [Lijiang City, Yunnan Province] Ms. Zhang Kaifeng Sent to a Forced Labor Camp
Police arrested 40-year-old Ms. Zhang Kaifeng, a practitioner from Xingquan Town in Huaping County, at her home on May 12, 2011. The officers ransacked her home and held her at the Huaping County Detention Center for one month. During that time guards bound her to a metal chair for three consecutive days. Ms. Zhang went on a hunger strike to appeal.
Huaping County police officials took Ms. Zhang to a forced labor camp on June 15 without notifying her family. Her present labor camp term is one year and three months.
8. [Dehong Prefecture, Yunnan Province] Mr. Tan Shitian Sentenced
Lianghe County police officials arrested Zhedao Town practitioner Mr. Tan Shitian at his home. He was first held at the Lianghe Detention Center and then transferred to the Dehong Prefecture Detention Center. Dehong Prefecture Court officials sentenced him to two and a half years in prison on May 29, 2011 and sent him to Dehong Prefecture Prison.
9. [Dongguan City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Yin Zhuandi and Others Arrested by Liangping Police Station Officials in Liaobu Town
Three practitioners were arrested in Liaobu Town when they clarified the facts on the morning of June 23, 2011. They are Mr. Yin Zhuandi, Ahua from Jiangxi Province, and a male practitioner from Sichuan Province. They are now detained at the Liangping Police Station.
Dongguan Police Department: 86-769-22222107
Liaobu Police Department: 86-769-83326112, 86-769-83321685
10. [Bengbu City, Anhui Province] Ms. Wu Jufeng Arrested
Ms. Wu Jufeng was arrested at home on the morning of June 23, 2011. 610 Office and local police agents participated.
Several other practitioners were recently harassed, including Ms. Duan Yinhua, Ms. Zhang Hongmei, and Ms. Qian Xiuling.
11. [Yushu City, Jilin Province] Mr. Zhang Liyou Arrested at Home on the Afternoon of June 25
12. [Suizhou City, Hubei Province] 610 Office Agents Arrested City Central Hospital Doctor Ms. Bao Jinfeng at Work on June 24
13. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Ms. Liu Ruiqing Sent to the Xinglongshan Brainwashing Center
Police arrested Ms. Liu Ruiqing the week prior to this report while attempting to obtain a national ID card at the city police department. She was then sent to the Xinglongshan Brainwashing Center.
14. [Chongqing] Mr. Zhang Guofu Arrested
Mr. Zhang Guofu, a practitioner in his 70s from the Yubei District, was arrested outside his home on the afternoon of June 24, 2011. His current whereabouts are unknown.
15. [Yutian County, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhang Haiyan Arrested and Sent to the Kaiping Forced Labor Camp
Yutian County Domestic Security Division agents arrested couple Mr. Huang Kejun and Ms. Zhang Haiyan six months ago. They also ransacked their home and incarcerated them at the Yutian County Detention Center. Ms. Zhang was released on the morning of May 13, 2011, when her family paid the detention center 500 yuan in extortion money.
Agents unexpectedly arrested Ms. Zhang again on the morning of June 2, 2011 and took her to the Kaiping Forced Labor Camp in Tangshan City for a one year and nine month term.
Yutian County Court officials sentenced Mr. Huang to five years of imprisonment on June 21.
16. [Yutian County, Hebei Province] Update Regarding the Persecution of Yutian County Practitioners
Zhushuwu Village practitioner Mr. Chen Baixing in Hongqiao Town was arrested in June 2011.
Yutian County Domestic Security Division officials arrested Xiakan Village practitioner Ms. Liang Xiumei in Yutian Town and ransacked her home on the afternoon of June 9.
Prior to that, these officials harassed couple Ms. Liu Xiuying and Mr. Huang Wenling and ransacked their home.
17. [Gaizhou City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Shi Jiafang Arrested
Mr. Shi Jiafang had painted statements to clarify the facts in Ren Village, Tuanshan Town on June 23, 2011, which led to his and his son's arrest. Agents from the Beihai Border Police Station and Domestic Security Division ransacked their home and confiscated truth-clarification materials. His son was released the next day, but Mr. Shi is still held at the Gaizhou Detention Center.
Mu Deqiang, Domestic Security division head: 86-417-7669127;;
Liu Mingzhe, Political head: 86-417-7669127; 86-417-7810234; 86-13904075777
18. [Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province] Ms. Pan Hanyu and Ms. Zhu Yuan Arrested
Ms. Pan Hanyu, a practitioner in her 60s from the Baixia District, was recently arrested and held at the Nanjing City Detention Center.
Ms. Zhu Yuan, in her 50s, was also arrested, leaving her 80-year-old mother unattended.
19. [Chengde City, Hebei Province] Childcare Teacher Ms. Tong Duoli Sent to a 610 Office Brainwashing Center
Ms. Tong Duoli, a childcare teacher in the Shuangluan District, was arrested at work on May 24, 2011. More than 10 plainclothes agents from the 610 Office and local police participated. The agents then took her to the Nanshan Park Brainwashing Center.
20. [Urumqi City, Xinjiang Autonomous Region] Ms. Chen Xinhua and Relatives Arrested More than One Year Ago - Belated Information -
Urumqi 610 Office agents arrested Ms. Chen Xinhua in May 2010. She has been detained for more than one year.
Officials also arrested several of Ms. Chen's practitioner relatives on July 12, 2008, including Ms. Chen Ping (sister), Mr. Liu Chaokun (brother-in-law), and Ms. Liu Hongxia (niece). Officials sentenced them to imprisonment. They are currently deprived of freedom at Xinjiang Women's Prison and Xinjiang Fifth Prison.
Zhu Jianzhang, Deputy Party secretary from the Urumqi Political
and Judicial Bureau: 86-991-4689170; 86-991-8522557;
Sun Zhiyi, Comprehensive Management Office head: 86-991-4689237; 86-991-4689555
21. [Gong'an County, Hubei Province] Mr. Tang Donghua's Home Ransacked
Mr. Tang Donghua is a practitioner living in Gaoqiang Village, Douhudi Town. Gong'an County State Security Bureau head Liao Xuesheng and police agents ransacked his home on the morning of June 22, 2011. The agents videotaped the process and threatened to arrest him. Mr. Tang managed to escape with the help of his 75-year-old mother and nephew. Police agents confiscated personal belongings valued at more than 20,000 yuan.