(Clearwisdom.net) Clearwisdom reported the arrests of Mr. Li Xianwen and his wife, Ms. Yu Guiying, in Chengdu on October 25, 2004. Mr. Li was detained in Xinjing Brainwashing Center, where he died shortly after arrival. Ms. Yu developed a mental disorder in a forced labor camp. The following is additional information.


Mr. Li Xianwen

Mr. Li Xianwen was 54 years old when he died. He was employed by Xinhua Printer Company in Chengdu. He lived at 72 Gongnongyuan Street, Longzhou Road in the Jinjiang District, Chengdu. Mr. Li and his wife's mental and physical health improved after they began Falun Dafa practice in 1997. They were grateful to Falun Dafa.

On May 28, 2001, Ms. Yu was arrested by Niuwangmiao police when she was visiting a friend and taken to Lianhuacun Detention Center. Her home was then ransacked. Mr. Li was unaware of his wife's arrest and the ransacking until he came home from work that day.

In the meantime, Zhang Nuo, a staff member at the General Management Office, Longzhou Road Residential Committee, Chengdu, and the 610 Office at Xinhua Printer Company were planning to arrest Mr. Li as well.

Mr. Li was probably arrested on May 29 or 30, 2001, after he had left work in the afternoon. He was taken to Longzhou Road Residential Committee. Sadly, he died sometime between then and May 31, 2001. What happened in those two days, and what caused Mr. Li's death? The answers to these questions remain unknown.

At around 1:30 p.m. on May 31, 2001, Mr. Li's son, Li Xiaodong, who was working in Henan Province, received a phone call from his aunt, Ms. Li Xianping, informing him of his father's death. Li Xiaodong returned to Chengdu as soon as he could. He first went to Niuwangmiao Police Station to demand the release of his mother, Ms. Yu Guiying. Then they started preparing for his father's funeral.

On June 1, 2001, Ms. Yu and her son noticed an obvious bruise on Mr. Li's neck but no other noticeable wounds when they were dressing his body. The wife and son thus suspected that Mr. Li had been strangled, although the police claimed Mr. Li died by jumping from a building. Li Xiaodong asked those in charge at Xinhua Printer Company, “How could he have escaped from the many people you had sent to watch him and then jumped from the building?”

Mr. Li was brought up by well-educated parents and they valued life. He never killed anything, not even chickens or fish. As a Dafa practitioner, he fully understood the principle of not killing a life, including not killing oneself.

Mr. Li's body was cremated on June 4, 2001. After that, Ms. Yu and her son saw something astounding: blood dripping from the eyes, nose, ears, and mouth of Mr. Li's portrait at home. The wife and son believed it was Mr. Li trying to tell them that he had been murdered.

Afterwards, Zhang Nuo from Longzhou Road Residential Committee told Li Xiaodong to take his mother away from Chengdu because she was not allowed to stay there any longer. Therefore, Ms. Yu was forced to leave her hometown. She was later arrested and sent to a forced labor camp, where she became mentally disordered as a result of persecution.

We are looking for informants able to provide any information about the cause of Mr. Li's death and details of how he was tortured.

Related article:


Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.ca/mh/articles/2004/10/25/87578.html