(Clearwisdom.net) My parents had five children. I had two older brothers, one older sister and one younger sister. In 1997 when I was 52 years old, I lost all four of them. Three of them died of hepatitis B. They passed away in their 50’s, 40’s, 30’s and even 20’s. Someone suggested that I should get a checkup just in case. I went to an epidemic hospital in the city where I too was diagnosed with hepatitis B, although I didn’t have any symptoms at the time. When I asked about the treatment, the doctor told me that it is one of the six most incurable illnesses in the world. Thus I began a long and difficult search for a cure.

In addition to taking prescription drugs, I paid attention to radio advertisement programs on hepatitis B. Of all the advertised drugs, I decided to go with one brand I thought to be more reliable. I traveled to a drugstore that distributed the drug and happened to run into the man who endorsed the drug on a radio program. I was very excited and thought I was really getting the cure. It turned out I wasted several thousand yuan and my precious time. In addition, I became increasingly ill. I decided to look for home therapies. I tried nearly all the home therapies I heard of.

I kept pouring money into different therapies, but my prognosis was deteriorating. I felt as though I had stomach gas and I couldn’t eat anything. I felt as though I were wearing a tight belt around my stomach, which made me very uncomfortable. I kept losing weight. Walking became increasingly difficult. Finally I became bed-ridden. When it became uncomfortable to lay on my back, I lay on my side. When it became uncomfortable to lay on my side, I lay on my stomach. I was peeling in many places on my body. I was rolling in bed in agony. When my children called on me, I would make an attempt to make a conversation, but in the end I stopped struggling to talk or open my eyes. It was just too exhausting. I knew when it became difficult for me to breathe, it would be my time to go. In those days I could see my deceased family members as soon as I closed my eyes -- day and night. I was really afraid. I asked my husband to hold my head between his arms and block my eyes while laying in bed with me.

Later I moved to a villa outside the village. I lay on top of an electric blanket and under several thick layers of blankets. I lay in bed day and night.

Between the transition of October and November 1998, my nephew brought me two books and asked me to follow the books to practice qigong. “What type of qigong?” I asked. He said, “It is Falun Gong.” That was when I heard of Falun Gong for the very first time. But I knew at least qigong is an ancient Chinese practice to improve one’s physical well-being. I agreed to it right away. After a few days my nephew called on me again and realized I was not in a condition to do any reading. He then brought me a small stereo and Teacher’s Fa lectures in Jinan on audiocassette so that I could listen to the Fa lectures in bed. I was amazed by the lectures, which enlightened me on many mysteries in the world, the true meaning of life and many questions I had about life. I listened day and night, in all my waking hours. Finally I sighed. I no longer feared death. I did not live this life in vain, for now I knew the true meaning of life. I felt rather fortunate to have known Falun Gong.

I listened to the lectures countless times. Then I began to eat a little and get off the bed. Then I was able to pick up Falun Gong books and take a quick glance. I looked at the photo demonstrations in Falun Gong and followed the easier exercises. I tried the second exercise. In less than one minute, I felt the most unusual sensation in my arms. I was so scared that I stopped practicing it. Now I know it was the feeling of energy flowing through my arms. When I tried again, the same feeling returned, so I dared not practice again. There was a rumor that one might go on a deviated way to practice qigong. Although I had listened to Teacher's lectures, the myth made a deep impression on me. I decided to go find a Falun Gong group practice site so that I could get proper instructions. My husband took me on his bicycle on several scouting trips, but we did not find any Falun Gong group practice site. Finally we heard there was a Falun Gong practitioner in our village, so my husband and I decided to move back to the village. While I continued to listen to Teacher's lectures, I was feeling very anxious to find a Falun Gong group practice site.

On January 2, 1999, my huband held my arms and helped me walk to a Falun Gong practitioner's home in order to inquire about the location and the schedule of the Falun Gong group practice site. The next morning my husband helped me to the site. Once there, I could no longer stand up. I collapsed on a bench and watched everyone practice Falun Gong exercises. Then I walked home with the help of my husband. As soon as I arrived home, I felt as though all my joints fell apart. It was so painful that I had to stay in bed for a whole day. Before dinner I began to worry if I would be able to make it to the group Fa study, but I felt better after dinner so I bit the bullet and charged ahead. I arrived at the group Fa study on time. Thus I began to practice Falun Gong officially.

The next day I attended the Falun Gong group practice, then returned home and collapsed on my bed. When I was just about to fall asleep, I saw light flashing before my eyes several times. I knew my Celestial Eye must have opened. I decided to ignore it because Teacher already told us about the symptoms in His Fa lectures. After that I would see light flashing before my eyes every time I practiced the Falun Gong exercises in the morning. Although I did not see anything with my Celestial Eye, I knew Teacher was opening my Celestial Eye. One day while I was practicing the third exercise, I rotated the Falun five times in front of my abdomen when I was supposed to rotate four times. I felt stomach pain. That was when I felt Teacher actually had installed a Falun in my abdomen.

One day after I returned home from a Falun Gong group practice site, I immediately got into bed and under my quilt only to find that my husband had forgotten to light the fire for the bed. (In some areas of northern rural China, people sleep on a "stove bed" where the bed can be heated by a fire underneath.) I was just about to worry how I would fall sleep in an unheated bed when I felt a warm spot in my right abodomen expanding and traveling up to my cheek and all over my body. I felt toasty warm even when the bed was not heated.

As I studied the Fa and practiced the Falun Gong exercises more, my health improved significantly. About two weeks later, I felt illness free. On my way home from the group practice site, I skip-walked with fellow Falun Gong practitioners like a teenager filled with joy and energy.

I had practiced Falun Gong for less than 8 weeks when I began to ride a bicycle and travel to nearby markets and temples to spread Falun Gong. Sometimes we traveled a few miles and other times we traveled more than 20 miles. When the village folks and relatives witnessed my tremenous health transformation, they asked to learn Falun Gong. I started a Falun Gong study group at my home that attracted more than 200 people until my front yard and the streets were filled with people. In the evening we played Teacher's Fa lectures. In the morning we taught people the Falun Gong exercises.

While more and more people were learning Falun Gong, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began to ban Falun Gong. I did not have time to explain to every Falun Gong practitioner in my area because I was in a hurry to get to Beijing to speak up for Falun Gong.

It has been 13 years since I started practicing Falun Gong. Despite the rutheless persecution against Falun Gong, I have been following Teacher's teachings to do the three things well. I have become increasingly healthy. I have a fair and healthy complexion. An old colleague walked around me in circles and really looked me up and down before she commented, "You are in such excellent health!" I replied, "It is because I practice Falun Gong."