Name: Ms. Zhu Chunlian (朱春莲)
Gender: Female
Age: Unknown
Address: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: April 20, 2011
Most Recent Place of Detention: Qingshan Brainwashing Center (青山洗脑班)
City: Wuhan
Province: Hubei
Persecution Suffered: Sleep deprivation, brainwashing, home ransacked, interrogation, detention

( On April 19 - 20, 2011, over ten Falun Gong practitioners from Wuhan were arrested and had their homes ransacked, including Ms. Zhu Chunlian. Ms. Zhu made this personal statement about the 50 days of persecution she underwent following her arrest.

At approximately 11:00 a.m. on April 20, 2011, I'd just returned home from the vegetable market when over ten policemen jumped me from behind. They surrounded me in my sitting room and then ransacked my home. Officials from the 610 Office of the Wuhan Police Bureau included Commander Yuan, Xiao Wu and Xiao Zhang from the Domestic Security Division; police officers from the Qingshan District Police Bureau; He Jianping from the Qingshan District Yejin Street Police Bureau; officials from the Qingshan District Office; Zhang Lei and her partner from the 30th Street Technology Community office.

The officials confiscated my personal property, including Teacher's picture, Dafa books and materials, computers, and other items. At approximately 2:00 p.m. that day, they handcuffed and took me to a brainwashing center in Hankou (officially called the Jianghan District Legal Education Center), where I was detained and interrogated in an isolation room.

I was interrogated by Commander Yuan from the Domestic Security Division, Hankou Police Bureau during the first two days (April 20 - 21). The following three days, I was interrogated by Xiao Wu, a police officer from the Domestic Security Division. He forced me to undergo sleep deprivation for three consecutive days and nights. My handcuffs were never removed. I was also forced to stand for extended durations. As a result, I was fatigued and my legs were extremely swollen.

At approximately 9:00 a.m. on April 25, I asked for a pen and paper from Xiao Wu, but he refused my request. I decided to make a public statement, disavowing all written records, signatures and fingerprints made by the officials from April 22 - 24. At approximately 1:00 p.m., I was notified to collect my belongings and was transferred.

At approximately 2:00 p.m., I was secretly transferred to the Qingshan District Legal Class, a program set up by the Beihu Management Committee in Qingshan District and operated in complete isolation.

Fortunately on April 28, I obtained a pen and paper and wrote a public statement, which disavowed all written records, signatures and fingerprints made by officials between April 22 - 24. I submitted the statement to a police officer. As a result, the Qingshan District 610 Office head was irritated and reported me to the Wuhan 610 Office. The following day, the Wuhan 610 Office head came to meet me and said that he would give me one last chance. Later, I met with seven police officers, but they didn't dare to identify themselves because they were afraid that their names might be exposed online.

At 10:50 a.m. on May 27, officer Zhang Zhujun from the Qingshan District Domestic Security Division notified me to collect my belongings. I was transferred to the notorious Hubei Province Legal Education Center (also known as the Banqiao Brainwashing Center), where I was given a medical examination. The results showed that my blood pressure was dangerously elevated. The doctor was very surprised. She lost her temper and asked, “Why did they bring you here in this condition?” The Banqiao Brainwashing Center officials refused to receive me, so Zhang Zhujun had to take me back to the Qingshan Brainwashing Center.

On June 8, two policemen from the Wuhan 610 Office spoke with me. One said, “You are not in good physical condition. We will release you, but you need to choose one of the following two procedures. The first choice is to submit a deposit of 5,000 yuan and we'll give you a receipt. If you don't cause trouble for one year, we'll refund your money. The second choice is to sign a guarantee statement and you'll be on call at any time. Once we call you, you'll need to cooperate with us. You can't go out of town for one year.” I didn't choose either option.

At approximately 3:00 p.m. on June 10, Xiao Wu and another officer from the Wuhan 610 Office came to the Qingshan Brainwashing Center. My son and a fellow practitioner's son also came to the brainwashing center after these police officers notified them to pick me up. Xiao Wu asked me to sign three items – a Release Statement, Computer Identification Slip, and the transcript of a message I wrote about a fellow practitioner's article that was posted online. I refused to sign them. I told my son, “Do not sign any papers, otherwise, you'll have to take responsibility for making a mistake. They are doing this to harm you.” I also said to Xiao Wu, “On April 20, you saw me bringing home vegetables from the market. I was very healthy and never had high blood pressure. You forced me to undergo sleep deprivation for three consecutive days and nights. My legs were extremely swollen. My blood pressure is dangerously high.” After I returned home, my son told me, “I signed the paper without reviewing the content because I was eager to bring my mother home.” The evil Chinese Communist Party (CCP) persecutes not only Dafa practitioners, but also their relatives.

I was persecuted for 50 days. The participants included Director Qu from the Wuhan 610 Office; Yuan Lianghong, Qingshan District 610 Office director; several other directors who refused to provide their names; Zhang Zhujun, Domestic Security Division police officer; Zhao Xiaolan, a Qingshan District Office official; and other people whose names are unknown to me.