Name: Wu Guohui (吴国辉)
Gender: Female
Age: Unknown
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Retired Elementary School Teacher, Balinzuoqi Division, Chifeng, Inner Mongolia
Date of Most Recent Arrest: June 5, 2011
Most Recent Place of Detention: Balinzuoqi Division Police Department Detention Center (巴林左旗公安局看守所 )
City: Chifeng
Province: Inner Mongolia
Persecution Suffered: Home ransacked, detention

( Retired teacher Ms. Wu Guohui was arrested in early June and has since been imprisoned in the local detention center. Currently, she is displaying symptoms of anemia. Recently, the Balinzuoqi Division Police Department submitted her case to the local Procuratorate, who refused to accept it due to a lack of evidence. The police department is planning to submit the case to the higher level Procuratorate in an attempt to further persecute Ms. Wu.

On the morning of June 5, 2011, Ms. Wu and her husband Guo Wen were shopping at the local market. Ms. Wu was arrested by the local police and then taken to the police department. Mr. Guo was arrested at his home. That afternoon, the couple was taken to the local detention center. Mr. Guo was illegally detained for 12 days and then released June 16 on bail; he is now awaiting his trial. The police also extorted 20,000 yuan from him, which they claimed as bail money.

In the afternoon on June 5, several officials ransacked Ms. Wu's home and then confiscated her personal computer and around a dozen Falun Gong books. Officials included Li Bin, captain of the Balinzuoqi Domestic Security Division; Li Hongzhu, political instructor of the Domestic Security Division; and Gao Yanguo, Wang Lixin, Wang Huanyong and Wang Dongmei from the 610 Office.

Between 10:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on June 14, six police officers took Mr. Guo's home key and ransacked his home again. At that time, his 76-year-old mother was home alone. The police forced her to sit at the dining table where they interrogated her, and kept asking her to identify her spiritual belief. The officers' hostile treatment terrified her.

Before practicing Falun Gong, Ms. Wu suffered from rheumatic heart disease, tracheitis, gallbladder inflammation, nervous headaches, and rheumatoid arthritis from a very young age. She often collapsed at work. Her husband carried her to and from work on a bicycle, no matter how bad the weather was--a round trip of over six miles. On May 13, 1996, she started practicing Falun Gong. Her diseases disappeared in four days and she turned into a pleasant and optimistic person. She conducted her daily life according to the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. She worked diligently and never complained about hard work assignments.

In the past twelve years of persecution by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), the authorities have carried out nonstop persecution of Ms. Wu and her family. Their methods have included multiple fines, home ransacking, constant surveillance, and tailing. Ms. Wu was at times forced to flee from home in order to avoid further persecution.