Name: Shao Jingrong (邵景荣)
Gender: Female
Age: In her 50s
Address: Jiayun Village, Lanqi Town, Fengcheng City, Liaoning Province
Occupation: Farmer
Date of Most Recent Arrest: January 1, 2003
Most Recent Place of Detention: Masanjia Forced Labor Camp (马三家劳动教养院)
City: Shenyang
Province: Liaoning
Persecution Suffered: Electric shock, sleep deprivation, forced labor, brainwashing, beatings, hanging by handcuffs, torture, sexual assault, physical restraint, home ransacked, detention.

( Ms. Shao Jingrong, a practitioner from Lanqi Town, Fengcheng City, Liaoning Province, is a simple and modest farmer. During her ten years of following the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, she has been harassed, arrested, tortured, and has had her home ransacked many times.

Ms. Shao was held at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. Wang Xiaofeng, chief of the No. 1 production brigade, along with deputy chief Wang Shuzheng and guard Xue, shocked her breasts, palms, soles, and other parts of her body with an electric baton. When Wang Shuzheng held the electric baton against her throat, she jumped and then fell down. Wang Shuzheng held the electric baton against her neck for a long time, in an attempt to get her to renounce Falun Gong. Ms. Shao’s neck was covered with large black blisters. Besides the physical torture, she was also deprived of sleep for over 40 days, and was handcuffed to a metal pipe.

Shao Jingrong began practicing Falun Gong in 1998, after which she no longer suffered from heart disease, neurasthenia, and tracheitis. Her demeanor also became gentle and kind. Besides being a good wife and loving mother, she took care of her parents-in-law. Her mother-in-law was bedridden and could not take care of herself. Ms. Shao did everything that she could for her mother-in-law and made her comfortable at all times. Since her mother-in-law's hands and feet were paralyzed, Ms. Shao even helped her use the bathroom and never complained or showed any discontent. The neighbors said admiringly, “Ms. Shao totally changed after learning Falun Gong.”

The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) launched its brutal persecution of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. In spring 2000, Wei Ge, head of the Lanqi Town Police Station, along with several other police officers, arrived at Ms. Shao's family home. Since she was not home at the time, they broke into the home and ransacked it. They confiscated her Falun Gong books, exercises cassettes, Teacher's picture, a mat used for the sitting meditation, and her identity card. They came again after she returned home, and threatening to arrest her, demanded that she write a guarantee statement promising to renounce Falun Dafa.

Ms. Shao Jingrong had benefited from practicing Falun Gong, so she went to Beijing's Tiananmen Square on January 1, 2003, and displayed a banner that said, “Falun Dafa is Righteous - Return Innocence to My Teacher,” and said loudly “Falun Dafa is good!” Police rushed toward her, put a rope around her neck, and then dragged her into a police car, injuring her neck in the process.

Upon arrival at the police station, Ms. Shao Jingrong was taken to a room with a big metal cage. There were already 12 female and one male practitioner being held in the cage. These practitioners had to share one toilet in the cage. The male practitioner was bruised from torture. He fainted and was then awakened by the guards dousing him with cold water. That night, Ms. Shao Jingrong was taken to the Dongcheng Detention Center. Guards ordered imprisoned prostitutes to beat practitioners, and one officer brutally kicked Ms. Shao. Another officer cuffed her hands tightly, injuring them in the process. She was then secretly transferred to another place, where she was deprived of sleep for five days and deprived of food.

On March 11, 2003, Ms. Shao Jingrong was escorted to the Fengcheng Detention Center. In late March she was taken to the notorious Shenyang Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. Upon arrival, she was taken to the “triangle storehouse,” which was used for “transformation” of practitioners. She was beaten with wooden clubs. Two guards then took her to another building and chained her to a metal chair. They gave her a small piece of steamed bread each day, but no water, and didn't allow her to use the toilet for eight days. One day, they crossed her legs, which were already swollen, and tied them up for a long time. After she was released, she could not move her legs. They then cuffed her hands behind her back and hung her up with her feet off the ground, which injured her arms. She could no longer move after being taken down. This was not the end of the torture however. She was then shackled to the heating pipes.

One guard took Ms. Shao Jingrong to another office and tied up her legs. She refused to cooperate, so officer Xue and a group of people that had renounced Falun Gong pushed her down. Xue hit her with a shoe, injuring her eyes. Another time, they tied up her legs, pulled them up to her neck, held her down, and then smothered her with a blanket.

The guards used barbaric torture methods. Two guards each held one of her legs, stretching them upward, overlapping her legs and then tied them up with her feet stretched over her head. The guards became angry when Ms. Shao still didn't renounce Falun Gong, so they took her to the toilet, cuffed her against the wall with her limbs spread open widely, and pushed a sandbag against her neck, which caused her head to go downward and causing her difficulty breathing. She was left in this position for about 24 hours. She was threatened that if she didn't renounce her belief, she would be taken to a mental hospital.

Each time higher authorities came to inspect the camp, the guards hid the injured practitioners. Meanwhile, the practitioners have remained steadfast in their faith despite the brutal torture that they are enduring.