Additional Persecution News from China - June 6, 2011 (25 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 24 cities or counties in 14 provinces. As per this report, 14 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 38 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Dongliao County, Jilin Province] Ms. Xi Xiuying Beaten to Partial Paralysis
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Several Practitioners Arrested, One Severely Injured by Police
- [Changsha County, Hunan Province] Ms. Liu Yulian Arrested
- [Dongguan City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Chen Junhong Arrested
- [Luzhou, Sichuan Province] Ms. Yang Taizhen and Mr. Huang Deshu Arrested
- [Changle County, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhao Yancheng Detained at a Brainwashing Center
- [Liuan City, Anhui Province] Update Regarding the Arrest of Mr. Nie Jinchuan
- [Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province] Mr. Zhang Xuefeng and His Wife Ms. Liu Kaimei Arrested, Police Confiscate 300,000 Yuan from Them
- [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia] Ms. Wu Guohui Arrested
- [Yanji City, Jilin Province] Many Practitioners Arrested
- [Xianyang City, Shaanxi Province] 70-year-old Woman Arrested
- [Xianyang City, Shaanxi Province] Ms. Liu Qiaomei Sent to a Labor Camp
- [Guang'an City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Huang Zhihui and Ms. Cai Zhengfang Arrested
- [Shenqiu County, Henan Province] Ms. Cui Arrested
- [Mengyin County, Shandong Province] Ms. Hui Zenghua Arrested by Police and Extorted Money - Belated Information -
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Ms. Sun Yuqing Arrested at Home on June 1
- [Tianjin] Update Regarding the Persecution of Ms. Guo Defen
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Su Missing
- [Qinglong County, Hebei Province] Update Regarding the Arrest of Mr. Jing Yanwu and Others
- [Donggang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Guan Yuzhi Arrested at Home Along with Other Practitioners on the Evening of June 3 and Currently Detained in Dandong City
- [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Guye Police Station Officials Arrested Practitioners
- [Ningjin County, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Jingfen Arrested, Two Daughters Arrested When Visiting
- [Baiyin City, Gansu Province] Ms. Si Liping and Ms. Li Yu Still Detained
- [Xuyong County, Sichuan Province] 70-year-old Ms. Li Zizhen and Mr. Wei Qixian Arrested
- [Beijing] Ms. Pang Xiuling on Hunger Strike at the Tuanhe Women's Prison in Beijing
1. [Dongliao County, Jilin Province] Ms. Xi Xiuying Beaten to Partial Paralysis
Li Jing, along with other Dongliao County Domestic Security Division agents, followed and arrested Ms. Xi Xiuying on the afternoon of May 29, 2011. The agents also ransacked her home. Li Jing severely injured Ms. Xi, who was half paralyzed due to a beating-induced cerebral hemorrhage. To shirk responsibility, Li Jing notified Ms. Xi’s family to come sign release forms and released her on medical parole.
2. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Several Practitioners Arrested, One Severely Injured by Police
Several practitioners from Changchun went to a farmers' market in Shuangchengbu Town on the morning of June 5, 2011. Agents from Shuangchengbu Town Police Station arrested the practitioners when they distributed Shen Yun Performing Arts DVDs. One practitioner was severely injured by police. His neck was bleeding and he lay on the road, unable to move. The driver of the traveling vehicle and two other practitioners were arrested. The whereabouts of five additional practitioners are unknown.
3. [Changsha County, Hunan Province] Ms. Liu Yulian Arrested
Ms. Liu Yulian is a 62-year-old practitioner from the Tuling Community, Langli Town, Changsha County. When she clarified the truth to a farmer on the evening of June 3, 2011 someone reported her to police. Agents from the Langli Town Police Station arrested her, ransacked her home, and held her at the Changsha County Detention Center.
Hu Chunshan, Langli Town Party Secretary, 86-13407314567, 86-731-86805928
Rao Zhongrui, 610 Office member: 86-13755094901
Changsha City 610 Office: 86-731-84065610
4. [Dongguan City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Chen Junhong Arrested
Dongguan City 610 Office agents arrested Mr. Chen Junhong on June 1 when he mailed truth-clarification letters at Xiagang Town, Dongguan City. Agents confiscated his car and all computers in his office, making his business unable to continue operating. Mr. Chen was held at the Dongguan City Detention Center.
5. [Luzhou, Sichuan Province] Ms. Yang Taizhen and Mr. Huang Deshu Arrested
Naxi District Domestic Security Division agents arrested practitioners Ms. Yang Taizhen and Mr. Huang Deshu on the morning of June 4, 2011 when they distributed truth-clarification materials at Longche Town. Agents are currently holding these practitioners at the Anfu Detention Center in Luzhou City.
Deng Song, State Security Division: 86-13795976860
Lu Guang, Domestic Security Division head: 86-830-4118633
6. [Changle County, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhao Yancheng Detained at a Brainwashing Center
After arresting Mr. Zhao Yancheng on May 14, Changle County Domestic Security Division agents detained him covertly at the Jingshan Reservoir Brainwashing Center. Mr. Zhao, already in his 70s, has been locked in a metal chair and tortured.
Guo Xingjun, Changle County 610 Office head: 86-536-6299603 (Home), 86-13805363818 (Cell)
Liu Chunxiang, Domestic Security Division agent: 86-18678078875
Chang Quanbin, Domestic Security Division head: 86-536-6296081 (Home), 86-18678078839 (Cell)
7. [Liuan City, Anhui Province] Update Regarding the Arrest of Mr. Nie Jinchuan
Police agents arrested Jiulong Township practitioner Mr. Nie Jinchuan in Shou County at noon on May 18. Agents then held him at the Shou County Detention Center. The agents put Mr. Nie in a walk-in freezer to brutally torture him, and his legs were injured.
Chen Longzhan; Shou County Police Department's Political Security Division head: 86-13705642285
Wu Zuoqian, Shou County 610 Office head: 86-13505649348, 86-564-4034072
Zhu Shikuo, Shou County Detention Center head: 86-13956119624
8. [Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province] Mr. Zhang Xuefeng and His Wife Ms. Liu Kaimei Arrested, Police Confiscate 300,000 Yuan from Them
610 Office agents recently arrested the Mr. Zhang Xuefeng and Ms. Liu Kaimei couple, and their home was ransacked. Both of them had been previously sentenced to several years of imprisonment. Since they did not have a job after release, they borrowed money planning to start a business. The agents, however, took all the money - 300,000 yuan - that they had gathered.
9. [Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia] Ms. Wu Guohui Arrested
While Ms. Wu Guohui, a practitioner at Lindong Town in Balinzuo Qi, was shopping with her husband on the morning of June 5, 2011, they were arrested. Li Bing (Domestic Security Division head), Li Hongzhu (Domestic Security Division political head), Wang Lixin, and some other 610 Office agents ransacked Ms. Wu’s home. They confiscated many Falun Gong books and one computer. Ms. Wu and her husband are currently detained at a police department.
Degejirifu, Police Department head: 86-476-7882494, 86-476-7880666, 86-13804766660
Li Bing, Domestic Security Division head: 86-476-7886380, 86-13804766281
Feng Yunhe, Domestic Security Division head: 86-476-7881600, 86-13804766312
10. [Yanji City, Jilin Province] Many Practitioners Arrested
More than 10 practitioners were recently arrested: Ms. Dong Guizhi, Ms. Zhu Yanwen, Ms. Du Yumei, Mr. Li Changhua, Mr. Li Changli, Mr. Liu Hua, Ms. Yao Shuping, Ms. Jin Lianhua, Mr. Piao Jinzi, and Mr. Li Wenzhi. Mr. Li Wenzhi was arrested in Yanji City on June 1.
11. [Xianyang City, Shaanxi Province] 70-year-old Woman Arrested
When a 70-year-old woman clarified the truth near Daquan Village, Maquan Town, the Qindu District, on May 22, 2011, someone reported her to the police. Agents from the Maoling Police Station followed her in a police car. Without presenting any paperwork, three police agents arrested her and ransacked her home. Another police car arrived the next afternoon. Five agents invaded her home and confiscated personal belongings, including a notebook computer, a DVD player, three radios, one USB drive, Falun Gong books, and truth-clarification materials. This elderly woman is currently detained at the police station.
610 Office head: 86-29-33226550
610 Office deputy head: 86-29-33229188
Zhang Qi, Qindu District Police Department head: 86-29-33880588, 86-13609210153
12. [Xianyang City, Shaanxi Province] Ms. Liu Qiaomei Sent to a Labor Camp
Ms. Liu Qiaomei, in her 30 years, is an employee of the Shaanxi Textile Machinery Factory. Xingping Police Department agents arrested her at the factory's residential area on the morning of April 25, 2011. They first took her to the police department, then held her at the Wugong County Detention Center. Not until June 2 when Ms. Liu was finally allowed to call home for clothes did her family learn that she had been sent to the Shaanxi Province Women's Labor Camp with a term of one year.
Xianyang City 610 Office: 86-29-33210207, 86-29-33210970, 86-29-33193369
Zhang Jiarui, 610 Office head: 86-29-33188954, 86-13892928195
Cao Yanping, deputy head: 86-29-33188977, 86-15891653008
Peng Wanshen, deputy head: 86-29-33188977, 86-13759868083
13. [Guang'an City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Huang Zhihui and Ms. Cai Zhengfang Arrested
When Guangan City practitioners Ms. Huang Zhihui (76 years old) and Ms. Cai Zhengfang (74 years old) clarified the truth to students on the morning of June 5, students reported them to the police who arrived and arrested them.
14. [Shenqiu County, Henan Province] Ms. Cui Arrested
When Ms. Cui, in her 60s, spoke to people about Falun Gong on the afternoon of June 4, 2011, someone reported her to the police. Police agents ransacked her home, arrested her, and held her at the county detention center.
15. [Mengyin County, Shandong Province] Ms. Hui Zenghua Arrested by Police and Extorted Money - Belated Information -
About seven agents from the Mengyin County 610 Office, the Tanbu Town Police Station and the Tanbu Town Administration went to Jinqianguan Village resident Ms. Hui Zenghua's home on August 26, 2010. The agents confiscated two MP3 players, took her to the police station, and extorted 500 yuan from her family.
Since the CCP began to persecute Falun Gong, Ms. Hui's first daughter Ms. Gong Shuhua was sentenced to imprisonment with a term of more than 10 years and has not yet been released. Her second daughter was brutally beaten by town 610 Office agents. Her first son Mr. Gong Pibin was sent to a labor camp for two years. Ms. Hui was also sentenced to a labor camp twice, with a total term of four years and extorted about 10,000 yuan.
16. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Ms. Sun Yuqing Arrested at Home on June 1
17. [Tianjin] Update Regarding the Persecution of Ms. Guo Defen
Police officials arrested Hexi District practitioner Ms. Guo Defen and held her at the Youyilu Police Station, the Hexi District. Local police station agents later took her back. Officials ordered her son and granddaughter to come on May 31and made them try to coerce her into giving up her belief. Ms. Guo refused and was later was sent to the Hexi Detention Center. Agents ransacked her home on June 3.
18. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Su Gang Missing
Chengdu practitioner Mr. Su Gang left Chengdu City for Xi'an City and Baoji City on the morning of May 2, 2011. He has not returned; his whereabouts are unknown.
When Mr. Su told his classmates about the persecution of Falun Gong in 2006, they reported him to the police. He was detained four years. He went on a hunger strike during that period of time and was in a life-threatening condition.
19. [Qinglong County, Hebei Province] Update Regarding the Arrest of Mr. Jing Yanwu and Others
Ren Xiuliang, Tumenzi Township Police Station head and other police agents arrested three Jingzhangzi Village practitioners at home: Mr. Jing Yanwu, Mr. Yang Wenquan, and Ms. Sun Guiying at home on the afternoon of June 1, 2011. The agents then took them to the Qinglong County Brainwashing Center (also known as Qinglong County “Law Education” Center). Police agents ransacked Mr. Yan Chao's home in his absence and confiscated Falun Gong books.
Right now two male practitioners have escaped, and Ms. Sun has returned home.
Kong Xianmin, police station deputy head: 86-13933620883
Ren Xiuliang, police station head: 86-13930321568
20. [Donggang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Guan Yuzhi Arrested at Home Along with Other Practitioners on the Evening of June 3 and Currently Detained in Dandong City
21. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Guye Police Station Officials Arrested Practitioners
Three Guye District practitioners, Ms. Wang Guizhi, Ms. Li Xiaojie and Ms. Qiang Suzhen, distributed information about Falun Gong on the morning of June 3, 2011. Plainclothes police agents arrested them and held them at Guye Police Station. The agents eventually took them to the Luan County Detention Center.
22. [Ningjin County, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Jingfen Arrested, Two Daughters Arrested When Visiting
After Ms. Li Jingfen was arrested and sent to the Xingtai Brainwashing Center, her daughters and other relatives went to the Ningjin County 610 Office on June 3 to request her release. But 610 Office officials ordered them to go to the Xingtai Brainwashing Center, where both of them were detained upon arrival. The older sister was released on June 4; the younger one is still detained as of now.
23. [Baiyin City, Gansu Province] Ms. Si Liping and Ms. Li Yu Still Detained
Police arrested Ms. Si Liping and Ms. Li Yu when they distributed informational materials on October 2, 2010. A court hearing was held on March 5, 2011; we have heard they are going to be put on probation, but so far they are still in police custody.
In addition, two practitioners who produce informational materials about the persecution of Falun Gong were arrested in March 2011 and sentenced to five years of imprisonment.
24. [Xuyong County, Sichuan Province] 70-year-old Ms. Li Zizhen and Mr. Wei Qixian Arrested
When two elderly Xuyong County practitioners, Ms. Li Zizhen and Mr. Wei Qixian, were on the their way home on the afternoon of May 29, 2011, three Luobo Town police agents arrested them and took them to the Luobo Town Police Station. The agents searched their bags, took their photos, forcibly took blood samples and fingerprints and toeprints. These two elderly people, in their 70s, were not released until 9 p.m.
25. [Beijing] Ms. Pang Xiuling on Hunger Strike at the Tuanhe Women's Prison in Beijing
When Beijing practitioner Ms. Pang Xiuling spread information about Falun Gong on the evening of April 2, 2011 she was arrested and taken to Beiqijia Police Station. She was taken to the Changping Detention Center the next day. About 50 days later, Ms. Pang was sentenced to two years of imprisonment and sent to Ward 4 of the Daxing Women's Prison in Beijing. Ms. Pang Xiuling is currently on hunger strike to protest her mistreatment.