(Clearwisdom) I am 63 years old and began practicing Falun Gong in 1996. Over the past 15 years, I have managed to walk my path of cultivation to this day because of Teacher's compassionate care and my firm belief in Teacher and Dafa. Every time the police arrested me, I wasn't afraid and didn't cooperate with them. There are no words to describe my gratefulness for Teacher's infinite grace. I would like to share some of my experiences. I'd like to start with the beginning of my cultivation.

Teacher Gave me Second Chance in Life

Before practicing Falun Dafa, I suffered from many illnesses—the most serious of all was a stroke. I was partially paralyzed, my body was stiff, and I was unable to raise my left arm. I was bedridden. After I had another stroke, I was always short of breath and felt extremely unwell. I relied on Suxiaojiuxin pills. I was also hospitalized twice in one year, and my whole family was busy taking care of me.

One evening, I felt I was having another stroke. My husband had to go to another room to get my pills and took awhile to return. At the time, I thought there wasn't any point in continuing to live anymore, so I didn't want to take the pills. However, my husband begged me to stay with him for two more years. During that time when I was slowly dying, the doctor at the hospital issued me a critically ill notice.

I was released from the hospital once again in May 1996. My husband read a brief introduction of Falun Gong and decided to let me to try it. Accompanied by my husband, who worried that I might fall, I began to practice Falun Gong.

In the beginning when I did the Falun Gong exercises, I was shaking and perspiring because I was very weak. When I did the Falun Standing Stance exercise, I could only put one hand on my head and the other by my ear. I thought that I should endure whatever the hardships and continue doing the exercises since I had serious illnesses.

One day when I was doing the third exercise, Penetrating the Two Cosmic Extremes, I saw a pile of black substance that got smaller and smaller until it finally disappeared. I was then able to gradually raise my other arm. Several weeks later, I could carry a tape player to the square to do the exercises. I did this daily until the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began to persecute Falun Gong.

After practicing Falun Gong for six months, I was able to carry a propane gas tank or a bag of rice to the fifth floor. All of my illnesses disappeared without my even noticing. After witnessing how Dafa changed my life, more than a dozen people began to practice Falun Gong. Before I practiced Falun Gong, every one in my family took care of me. Now, I take care of the whole family.

Not Cooperating with the Evil

After July 20, 1999, many practitioners validated the Fa by hanging truth-clarifying banners. They usually went out at around 3:00 a.m. to do it. My husband and I went to the city government to hang banners and were taken to the police station. An officer interrogated me. When they didn't get what they wanted, they transferred me to another police station. They wanted me to “confess,” but I didn't cooperate with them.

One officer punched me and kicked me. I was black and blue all over. The soles of my feet were also bruised black. Even now I still have scars on my legs.

In the evening, I was detained in a small room with a man. They didn't allow me to leave the room or use the restroom. I was in a lot of discomfort since I couldn't empty my bladder.

They eventually transferred me to a detention center. About a week later, I lost consciousness. My blood pressure was 130/230 mmHg, so they were scared. They worried that I might die there. To avoid any responsibility for my condition, they told my family to take me home.

I went back to my hometown in 2003 and brought some truth-clarification DVDs and one of Teacher's lectures, "Touring North America to Teach the Fa," with me. I gave them to the practitioners there and returned home. However, I was reported to the authorities by another practitioner. The police department in my hometown came to my home and told me to go to the police station, but I absolutely refused.

They showed me the “arrest” warrant and I tore it into pieces. They got angry and handcuffed me. Then they carried me to the car. I refused to cooperate with them, so I struggled and shouted, "Teacher, save me! I didn't do anything wrong!" I also repeatedly shouted, "Falun Dafa is good! Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good!"

As they carried me down the stairs, I told my son, "Remember, your mother is a good person and is being carried away. If anything happens to me, I must have been murdered."

At the police station, they ordered me to get out of the car, but I didn't move. They went to eat and left two officers to watch me. I told them the truth about Dafa and the persecution and asked them to send me home. They told me that there wouldn't be any car that would go there. Just then, a taxi pulled up and I safely returned home. During the whole process, I asked Teacher for help. It was compassionate Teacher who saved me.

"I Have Never Been Afraid"

During the 2008 Beijing Olympics, considered a sensitive period for the CCP, the police broke into my home at about 9:00 p.m. and ransacked it. They confiscated a copy of Zhuan Falun. I told them, “Give me back my book that has saved my life. You can take me away, but you can't take my book.” So I stepped forward and tried to grab the book.

Three men passed the book back and forth. I tried to grab their arms, but I couldn't. Instead, I held onto their legs with all my strength. They eventually threw the book on the ground. I picked it up and held it tightly to my chest. Then they told my husband to open the cupboard where we put all the Falun Dafa books. I told them not to touch it. In my heart, I begged Teacher for help and sent forth righteous thoughts. They made a phone call and, not long after, their superior came. When he saw my condition, he didn't want to be held responsible, so he told his men to leave. Then they asked my son to open the door to a small room. I sent righteous thoughts so that they would not be able to see anything. Shortly afterwards, my son came up and said, "They said it was too dark and couldn't see anything." They left empty-handed.

A few days later, several officers came to my home again and asked me where all my Falun Dafa books were. I told them they were all in my mind. I said, “No matter where I go, I try to be a good person.” They told me to write a statement guaranteeing not to oppose the government. I replied that I refused write anything like that. I told them that the CCP was very corrupt. I said, "Look at you. What are you doing here?" They didn't answer. I told them Falun Dafa was good and that Dafa was the Buddha Fa that saves people. I asked them to remember that. They left gloomily.

They stayed outside my house all night. From that day forth, on sensitive dates, they would closely monitor me, tap my phone, or even cut off my phone line.

Having Teacher and the Fa with me, I have never been afraid. Now I go clarify the truth and persuade people to withdraw from the CCP and its affiliated organizations everyday with my two-year-old grandson. I have merged into the grand current of Fa-rectification.