Name: Chen Heng (陈恒)
Gender: Male
Age: In his 20s
Address: Lianjiang County, Fujian Province
Occupation: Unknown

Date of Most Recent Arrest: May 27, 2008
Most recent place of detention:
Fuzhou Men's Prison (福州男监)
City: Fuzhou
Persecution Suffered:
Forced labor, electric shocking, long-term standing, sleep deprivation, hung up, solitary confinement, beatings, home ransacked, illegal sentencing

( On July 20, 1999, Mr. Chen Heng went to Beijing to appeal to the government for Falun Gong. In 2000, he was illegally arrested and sentenced to forced labor at the Rujiang Compulsory Treatment Reformatory in Fujian Province. In 2001, when he was due to be released, his term was extended for another year because he had not renounced Falun Gong. In the reformatory, he was beaten by police and also suffered from electric shock torture, being forced to stand for a long time, not being allowed to sleep, being hung up by both hands, being detained in a small solitary room, and other forms of torture.


Torture Re-enactment: Hung up

Squad leader Hu Bo used an electric baton to shock Mr. Chen, who was just 18 years old at the time. Hu also instructed criminals to beat Mr. Chen, causing him to faint and experience a mental disorder. He was sent to Jianxin Hospital in Fuzhou, Fujian Province after falling unconscious, and was later released.

At around 7:00 p.m. on May 27, 2008, Mr. Chen, who was living in Fuzhou temporarily, was arrested by police from the national security team of the Fuzhou Public Security Bureau. His landlord's home was ransacked, and their computers and printers were confiscated. Mr. Chen was detained at the No. 1 Detention Center in Fuzhou.

On November 14, 2008, the Gulou District Court in Fuzhou secretly put Mr. Chen on trial without telling his family. He was sentenced to four and a half years of imprisonment, but his family members could not verify the information, and they never saw any written judgment or documents.

On January 21, 2009, Chen's brother-in-law went to the No. 1 Detention Center to deposit money for him, but was notified that Mr. Chen was not there anymore. He asked where Mr. Chen was transferred, but nobody would tell him. Chen's family members worried about him very much and could not learn his whereabouts from anyone.

Later they found out that Mr. Chen was being detained in the Third Team, Fifth Division of Fuzhou Men's Prison and that family members were allowed to see him on the 26th day of each month. When Mr. Chen first arrived, criminals Zhuo Chun and Dong Xianmin were designated by the police to beat him.

On November 19, 2010, Mr. Chen was transferred from Fuzhou Prison by the local 610 Office to a juvenile forced labor camp and brainwashing center. He is still being detained there now.


Fuzhou Prison in Fujian Province