Additional Persecution News from China – May 23, 2011 (29 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 19 cities or counties in 13 provinces. In this report, 29 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 35 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Leng Hua and Ms. Leng Xin Arrested
Practitioners Ms. Leng Hua and Ms. Leng Xin from Renzhao, Pingdu, Qingdao City, were arrested on May 13, 2011, as they spoke with people about Falun Gong in Renzhao. Renzhao Police Station officers made the arrest. Pingdu 610 Office agent Liu Jie along with five officers from the Renzhao Police Station ransacked the two women's homes and confiscated Falun Gong books and other personal belongings. The police ordered the practitioners' families to pay 8,000 yuan extortion to secure their release, but the families refused to pay. The two practitioners are currently held in the Pingdu Detention Center.
Renzhao Police Station: 86-532-83381025
2. [Pingyuan County, Shandong Province] Ms. Huo Shuqi Arrested
Ms. Huo Shuqin traveled to Dezhou during the May 1 holidays to visit her relatives and was arrested as she spoke with people about Falun Gong.
3. [Sanhe, Hebei Province] Ms. Zhang Lianchun Arrested
Officers from the Yanjiao Comprehensive Treatment Office arrested Ms. Zhang Lianchun on the evening of May 18, 2011.
4. [Zunhua, Hebei Province] List of Illegally Detained Practitioners from Baozidian Village
As an investigation revealed, many practitioners from Baozidian Village were arrested on May 10, 2011. Six of them are still detained: Ms. Wang Shuyun, Ms. Wei Guoling, Ms. Chen Yuying, Mr. Zhou Jincheng, Ms. Che Yuru, and Ms. Zhao Yuchun.
5. [Leshan, Sichuan Province] Mr. Zhu Xueming and Ms. Li Cuirong Arrested on May 18, 2011
6. [Changchun, Jilin Province] Ms. Wang Shuqing and Mr. Xin Shiwen Sentenced to Prison
Dongfeng Court officials tried Ms. Wang Shuqing and Mr. Xin Shiwen on May 12, 2011. Ms. Wang was given a seven-year prison term, and Mr. Xin was sentenced to five years in prison.
7. [Chongqing] Ms. Fu Xiaohong Subjected to One Year of Forced Labor
Ms. Fu Xiaohong, 56, from Tongnan was arrested in late 2010. Officers from the Jiulongpo Police Department made the arrest. She was later sent to a women's forced labor camp for a one-year term.
8. [Guiyang, Guizhou Province] Additional Information Regarding the Persecution of Ms. Tang Fengzhen and Ms. Zhu Chuanrong
Ms. Tang Fengzhen and Ms. Zhu Chuanrong from the Jinyang New District, Guiyang City, were arrested on April 27, 2011, as they spoke with people about Falun Gong. Officers from the Zhuchang Police Station made the arrests and took them to the Baihuashan Detention Center in the Yunyan District, to be held for two weeks. The police covertly transferred the two practitioners to the Lannigou Brainwashing Center at 3:00 a.m. on May 12 before the practitioners' families arrived to take them home.
9. [Shenyang, Liaoning Province] Mr. Xue Tianrou Held in the Liaozhong Detention Center
10. [Wenzhou, Zhejiang Province] Mr. Xu Xiaohai Arrested
Following the May arrests of Mr. Huang Qingdeng and Ms. Chen Wenying, Mr. Xu Xiaohai from Wenzhou was arrested on the afternoon of May 18, 2011. His home was ransacked, and several computers were confiscated.
11. [Tianjin] Ms. Cong Peishan Arrested
Ms. Cong Peishan, 74, from Tianjin was arrested on May 19, 2011, as she distributed information about Falun Gong in a residential area near the Renrenle Supermarket in the Nankai District.
12. [Wuhan, Hubei Province] Mr. Tang Changjun Incarcerated in the Yangyuan Brainwashing Center
Mr. Tang Changjun, 63, lives in the Shuilu Residential Area in the Wuchang District. A group of people arrested him at home on the morning of May 19, 2011, in the absence of other family members. They took him to the Yangyuan Brainwashing Center.
13. [Yushu City, Jilin Province] Ms. Guo Fengxue and Other Practitioners Held in the Yushu Detention Center
Ms. Guo Fengxue, Ms. Yang Yazhi, Ms. Sun Shuxia, and Ms. Xu Lihua were arrested for distributing information about Falun Gong. Participating in the arrests were officers from the Xiushui Police Station and the Yushu Domestic Security Division. The practitioners are still in the Yushu Detention Center. Their families are not allowed to visit them.
Fan Hongkai, Yushu Domestic Security Division head: 86-431-83618238, 86-15904409088
Yan Chongjie: 86-431-83618239, 86-13364511552
14. [Wuhan, Hubei Province] Ms. Cheng Chunzhen Arrested
Ms. Cheng Chunzhen lives in the Kangqiao Residential Area in the Hongshan District. She was arrested on May 6, 2011, as she spoke with people about Falun Gong. She was transferred to a brainwashing facility after a ten-day detention.
15. [Fujin City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Wang Shufan Held in the Fujin City Detention Center
Ms. Wang Shufan, 60, from Fujin City was arrested the afternoon of May 20, 2011, as she distributed Shen Yun performance DVDs near Dongping Road. Officers from the Xiangyang Police Station made the arrest. She is being held in the Fujin City Detention Center.
Lu Xiange, Xiangyang Police Station head: 86-454-2360719, 86-454-2326728, 86-13206990666
Guo Zhenhai, Fujin City Domestic Security Division head: 86-13069926993
Shen Jingyuan, political head: 86-454-2331261, 86-13079756909
16. [Chenzhou, Hunan Province] Mr. Li Zhanxian Held in the Chenzhou City Detention Center
Mr. Li Zhanxian from Chenzhou City was arrested on the afternoon of May 13, 2011, as he spoke with people about Falun Gong in public. A group of officers from the Suxian District Police Department broke into his home that same evening and confiscated his computer and printer. Mr. Li is being held in the Chenzhou City Detention Center
Mr. Li has been arrested numerous times since July 1999. His home has been ransacked and his personal belongings confiscated many times. He has also been subjected to forced labor and imprisonment.
17. [Suining, Sichuan Province] Ms. Mi Guangping Arrested
Ms. Mi Guangping, 64, was arrested at home on the afternoon of May 16, 2011, by officers from the Longping Police Station.
18. [Changde, Hunan Province] Ms. Ye Shunqing Arrested and Held in a Brainwashing Center
Thirteen agents from the Changde City Street Administrative Office's 610 Office broke into Ms. Ye Shunqing's home in Huanan Factory on the morning of May 18, 2011. They arrested Ms. Ye and immediately took her to a brainwashing center, located on the third floor in the Shenji Hotel.
19. [Bayannaoer, Inner Mongolia] Mr. Feng Tianzhi Arrested on May 15, 2011 and Held in the Linhe Detention Center
20. [Fushun City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Zhou Yuefei Arrested and Detained
Mr. Zhou Yuefei from Wuli Village, Xinbin County, was arrested by officers from the Xinbin Town Police Station. His home was ransacked and personal belongings were confiscated, including a computer, a printer, Falun Gong books, two photos of Master, and truth clarification DVDs. Mr. Zhou is currently in the Xinbin County Detention Center
21. [Longhua County, Hebei Province] Circumstances of Ms. Fu Guizhen and Ms. Zhang Yuzhen
Belated information: Longhua County Domestic Security Division officer Sun Hongwen and other officers broke into Ms. Fu Guizhen's home on September 14, 2004 and dragged her onto a police vehicle.
In addition, Ms. Zhang Yuzhen from Pengze County was arrested and taken to the Jiangxi Women's Forced Labor Camp on May 16, 2011.
Xie Songqing, Domestic Security Division head: 86-13607927789, 86-792-5620069
Tang Xianrong, 610 Office head: 86-13907923086, 86-792-5622666
22. [Zhangjiakou, Hebei Province] Ms. Cai Jinzhi and Mr. Xiao Tang Held in the Zhangjiakou Drug Rehabilitation Center
More than 20 officers from the Wei County Domestic Security Division and a local police station broke into homes of Ms. Cai Jinzhi in No. 1 Village, Daiwangcheng Town, and Mr. Xiao Tang in Majiazhai Village, Daiwangcheng Town. They confiscated personal belongings from Ms. Cai's home. The two practitioners were taken to the Zhangjiakou Drug Rehabilitation Center that same day.
Liu Guang, Daiwangcheng Town Party head: 86-13513130505
23. [Qingdao, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhang Hongliang and Several Other Practitioners Held in the Ducun Detention Center
Officers from the Fu'an Police Station in Jiaozhou City ransacked Mr. Zhang Hongliang's home on the morning of May 10, 2011, and confiscated a computer. The police arrested nine practitioners who were at Mr. Zhang's home at that time: Ms. Shi Yuyan, Ms. Song Xinyu, Ms. Bian Fuhong, Ms. Bian Xiuhua, Ms. Zhang Xiaoli, Ms. Zhang Shuying from Jiaozhou City; Ms. Zhang Yan and Ms. Yan Aihua from Gaomi; and Ms. Zhu Yalin, a No. 7 Petroleum Company employee.
Mr. Zhang's wife practitioner, Ms. Zhu Yulan, returned home after work and found her home in a big mess. She went to the police station to demand Mr. Zhang's release and was detained.
Ms. Zhu Yulan, Ms. Zhang Xiaoli, and Ms. Zhang Shuying were able to escape. Mr. Zhang Hongliang is in the Ducun jail. He was deprived of food until his family paid 1,000 yuan. Shi Yuyan, Song Xinyu, Bian Fuhong, Bian Xiuhua, Zhang Yan, Yan Aihua, and Zhu Yalin are currently in the Ducun Detention Center.
24. [Harbin, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Liu Baocai Arrested
Officers from the Daqing Road Police Station in the Xiangfang District arrested Mr. Liu Baocai on the afternoon of May 22, 2011.
Daqing Road Police Station: 86-451-82687813
Sun Yongsheng, officer: 86-13263671117
Xu Xu, officer: 86-15104667002
25. [Jiutai City, Jilin Province] A Woman Practitioner Surnamed Tan Arrested and Held in the Majiagangzi Detention Center on May 20, 2011
26. [Wendeng, Shandong Province] Mr. Yang Zongquan and Three Other Practitioners Face Trial
Jiaozhou City Court officials were scheduled to try Mr. Yang Zongquan from Wendeng City, Ms. Wang Guilan, and two other practitioners from Jiaozhou City on May 25, 2011.
Xue Yubin, Jiaozhou City 610 Office head: 86-532-82288570, 86-532-87220886, 86-15318860699
Jian Yunfei, deputy head: 86-532-82288073, 86-13780699969
27. [Hunan Province] Ms. He Wuying's Home Ransacked
Shaodong County 610 Office agents along with four officers from the county's State Security Bureau broke into and ransacked Ms. He Wuying's home on May 19, 2011.
28. [Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province] Several Practitioners Incarcerated in a Brainwashing Facility
Qiqihar City 610 Office agents along with officers from the Domestic Security Division recently held a covert brainwashing session, specifically targeting Falun Gong practitioners. Practitioners in Qiqihar City and surrounding counties were arrested. Three practitioners are being held there: Ms. Shao Yuhua and Ms. Sun Lirong, both employed at the Fuyu County Industry and Commerce Bureau, and Ms. Wang Xiuping, who wors at the State Taxation Bureau.
29. [Nanjing, Jiangsu Province] Additional Information Regarding the Arrests of Ms. Zhou Liqin and Other Practitioners
Ten practitioners including Ms. Zhou Liqin were arrested on the afternoon of May 15, 2011. More then 20 plainclothes police led by officer Xiao Ningjian from Nanjing City, along with Yanziji Police Station head Lu, broke into a practitioner's home and made the arrests. They confiscated Falun Gong informational materials and CDs, and notebook computers.
Five practitioners were released on the morning of May 16. Five others are still in police custody. Their homes were ransacked. Ms. Zhou Liqin, 46; Ms. Peng Guihua, 45; and Ms. Zhang Xiuhua, 58, were taken to the Nanjing City Detention Center. Mr. Sun Genluo, in his 60s, was sent to a detention center. Mr. Li Yuanneng was sent to a brainwashing facility. Mr. Sun and his wife, Ms. Zhang Xiuhua, are retired from the No. 2 Company of the China Petrochemical Corporation. The police confiscated a computer, printer, and truth clarification materials from the couple's home.
Mr. Zhang Xuefeng and his wife, Ms. Liu Kaimei, were arrested on May 16. Mr. Zhang was sent to the Xiaguan District Detention Center, and Ms. Liu was sent to the Nanjing City Detention Center.