Name: Dong Shulan (董淑兰)
Gender: Female
Age: 62
Address: Jilin City, Jilin Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest:
January 25, 2007
Most recent place of detention:
Heizuizi Labor Camp of Changchun City (长春黑嘴子劳教所)
City: Changchun
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, forced labor, beatings, long-term standing, electric shock, sleep deprivation, forced labor, hung up, brainwashing, solitary confinement, denied visitation

( I have practiced Falun Dafa for many years and have been a good person, believing in Truth-Compassion-Forbearance. During the past nine years, I have been illegally detained in forced labor camps by the CCP three times, for over five years in all.

Before I started practicing Falun Gong, I had several health problems, such as tuberculosis, emphysema, gallstones, kidney stones, a cervical vertebra problem, renal ptosis, and other problems. I also had major surgery, during which five ribs from the left side of my chest were removed. However, the most severe disease I had was a rare condition called “evil net,” which is a deterioration of net shaped cells in the bone marrow. It's incurable, and the pain was intolerable. All I could do was wait for death.

In mid-April 1996, I was fortunately introduced to Falun Dafa and started practicing it. Through practicing Falun Gong, my mind became clearer every day and my body got better every day. Within a month, over ten diseases that had haunted me for a long time all disappeared. Neighbors saw my change and said, “Falun Gong is really wonderful.” For this reason, over ten people started Falun Dafa cultivation. I thank Master from the depths of my heart. It was Falun Dafa that gave me another life.

On July 20 1999, the evil CCP started to persecute Falun Gong, but I told people about the wonders of Falun Gong and how I had benefited in both body and mind. I used my own personal experience to verify the beauty and wonder of Falun Dafa.

On October 1, 2000, I traveled to Tiananmen Square in Beijing to clarify the truth about Falun Gong. I was sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp. During that time, the police beat me and kicked me. I was forced to stand close to the wall, was shocked by an electric baton, was forbidden to talk or sleep, and was forced to work like for 16 to 17 hours a day.

On April 12, 2005, while I was visiting at a friend's home, police officers from the National Security team of Longtan Branch of Jilin City Public Security Bureau and Shanqian Police Station arrived and arrested me. Later I was detained in a forced labor camp for a year, which was later extended by an additional 12 days.

I was released in April, 2006. In July, my daughter Liu Hongxia was arrested by Shanqian Police Substation officers in our own store. Later she was detained in the second team of Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp. Since she refused to give up her belief, the police would not let us visit her for several months.

On December 19, 2006, my family and I went to visit her again in the labor camp. They agreed and arranged for us to have a meal together. During the meeting, the director of the Management Department of the labor camp, Lian Guangri, wanted to talk to me. I refused, and they left. I wanted to leave, but when I walked downstairs by the registration desk, Lian Guangri grabbed me, handcuffed me, and pushed me down on the floor. He then called the local police substation. Three police officers came to interrogate me and take me away. I told them I had come to visit my daughter and that they should not persecute me. I clarified the truth to the two people left. Lian Guangri called the local criminal police team and urged them to come. Around one or two o'clock in the afternoon, the local criminal police team sent three or four people, who then carried me to the police car and took me to the second team of the criminal police team of Jilin City.

After we arrived, they took me to the second floor and tied me to a tiger bench before asking any questions. On the same night, around eight or nine o'clock, three officers fingerprinted me against my will. They injured my thumb, and the fourth finger nail of my left hand was torn off.

Very late that night, more officers came. They untied the ropes that held me on the tiger bench and dragged me elsewhere. There were several metal pipes, and handcuffs hung from them. There was blood on the wall. One policeman said, “Do you see this thing? Stronger people than you could not tolerate this torture. Do you know Liu Hongwei (a Falun Gong practitioner)? If you don't cooperate, we'll feed you ecstasy.” Later another policeman came and asked me the name of my son, daughter-in-law, and daughter's families. They said they knew the name of my child's father, and where our home was. They said, “To hang a speaker 50-60 meters up would be impossible for you. Who else helped you?” Even though I refused to reveal the information, they said they had already captured them and that they'd show proof of that in time.

Afterwards several officers handcuffed me and hung me up by my left hand, leaving my feet barely touching the floor. I don't know how much time passed when they came back to get fingerprints from my right hand, and then they hung me up by my right hand and took fingerprints from my left hand. After that they left me hanging by my handcuffs for a long time, then switched to the tiger bench again. The next morning they sent three collaborators to brainwash me until sometime in the afternoon. On the night of December 20, the police sent me to the detention center because I insisted on practicing, studying the Fa, and sending forth righteous thoughts.

On the afternoon of January 25, 2007, the Chuanying Branch of the Public Security Bureau sent me to Changchun City Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp for one year of forced labor. Since I refused to yield, labor camp guard Wang Lihui kicked me, shocked my hands with an electric baton, detained me in a small room, forced collaborators to watch me day and night, and would not let me talk to or contact anybody. I could not go downstairs for meals and was watched 24/7, including restroom breaks.

They only gave me a dozen minutes to have a meal, and I had to go back before I finished. Twenty days later I was forced to work in the workshop for long hours. They threatened to extend my term if I could not finish a certain quota. They would not let my family see me, saying the detention center did not want that, since my daughter was detained in another team. They were afraid that I would see my daughter, so they watched me every minute, including when I was just walking and eating. For this reason they even switched my seat several times.

On the night of April 27, 2011, seven of my family members, including my three daughters, sons-in-law, son, and daughter-in-law, were arrested by Lianhua Police Substation of Jilin City. I was forced to leave home. Now my daughters Liu Honghui, Liu Hongyan, Liu Hongxia, and my son-in-law Liu Guangjun are still detained in Jilin City Detention Center. The others were released.

After four o'clock on May 7, 2011, I went home and found it had been ransacked. All of my valuables and cash were taken, and the whole house was a mess. After investigating, we discovered that it was the Public Security Bureau of the Changyi District, Jilin City, that had ganged up with Lianhua Police Substation officers and broken in. They took away my bank savings, over 13,000 yuan, one computer, three printers, a laminating machine, a hole puncher, a CD burner, three cell phones, over 1,000 DVDs, two U drives, a box of copy paper, all my Falun Dafa books, and Master's portrait.