(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Wang Guixiang, a Falun Gong practitioner from Dazhuang Village, Yanghe Town, Jiaozhou City, Qingdao, Shandong Province, was arrested by Yanghe Police in February 2011. She was detained for 15 days before a warrant was issued for her arrest, and then she faced charges and a trial on May 4, 2011. Ms. Wang’s family and friends were very worried and asked around for a good attorney to represent her in court.

On May 4, 2011, three Falun Gong practitioners, Ms. Nie Hongli, Ms. Huang Yen and Ms. Jiang Shuhong, accompanied by an attorney, took a taxi to go see Ms. Wang Guixiang. But the taxi driver put them in a dangerous situation. When the taxi reached Lijiahe in Jiaozhou City, they were ambushed by a group of police officers from the Yunxi Road Police Station led by a policeman named Zhang Hongyi. The police officer told everyone to get out of the car and took everyone to the police station without showing them his police badge or any warrant. The three Falun Gong practitioners refused to comply because their attorney informed the police that it was against the law to arrest people without cause and that they had not done anything against the law. The police officers refused to listen and put them into the police car by force. They were transferred to the police station in Yunxi Industrial Park on the same day.

Police officer Zhang Hongyi accused the three Falun Gong practitioners of violating the law because they talked about Falun Gong with the taxi driver and offered him informational materials about Falun Gong. The practitioners tried to reason with officer Zhang during the police interrogation. Ms. Jiang Shuhong and Ms. Nie Hongli managed to escape, but Ms. Huang Yen remained in custody for the night on May 4, 2011.

On the morning of May 5, Ms. Huang Yen’s husband, parents and her four-year-old child arrived at the police station. They asked to see Ms. Huang, but their request was denied. The child cried for her. Her husband and her parents waited outside the police station for an entire day. Finally the attorney arrived at around 5 p.m. He walked right into the police station and asked to see the police chief. But all the police officers hid from him. A police officer told the attorney that the chief was not there and could not speak to them. Another officer told the attorney the chief was in a car outside. When the attorney stepped outside, the officer closed the door and refused to open the door. The attorney then went to Jiaozhou City Public Security Bureau to file a complaint against the Yunxi Industrial Park Police Station. Finally, Ms. Huang was released on the night of May 5, 2011.

As for Ms. Jiang Shuhong, the police monitored her phone calls and managed to identify her location. They arrested her and another Falun Gong practitioner, Ms. Zhuang Shuhua, who was with her when the police showed up on the afternoon of May 5. They were taken to the Yunxi Police Station where they were subjected to interrogation and violence. Because Ms. Jiang had escaped from police custody once and a police officer was injured during the arrest on May 5, the officer was mad and repeatedly beat her. He told her to sign the interrogation record or else she would face severe consequences. The officer also threatened to make her promise in writing not to appeal.

On the morning of May 6, Ms. Jiang Shuhong and Ms. Jiang Shuhua’s family hurried from out of town to the Yunxi Police Station in Jiaozhou City and asked to see them, but the police refused to open the front door. When Ms. Jiang Shuhong’s husband heard her screaming as the police officers were beating her, he knocked on the front door and windows, asking to get in and see his wife. But the police refused to respond. He was getting anxious and knocked down the sign outside the police station. The police arrested him, beat him up and threw him out. The two families were helpless in a town where they knew nobody.

In the afternoon, the police took Ms. Jiang Shuhong, Ms. Zhuang Shuhua and Ms. Nie Hongli to the hospital for a physical examination, a standard routine before sending people to a detention facility. But all of them failed the physical exam. Ms. Zhuang Shuhua was diagnosed with hypertension and the other two were diagnosed with heart disease. But the police did not give up. They fabricated charges against them.

The police accused Ms. Jiang Shuhong of distributing materials about Falun Gong although they had no evidence. They accused Ms. Zhuang Shuhua of possessing materials promoting Falun Gong and issued a detention notice of 15 days to her family. Once in the detention center, Ms. Zhuang’s blood pressure rose to 300. She had a headache and nausea and her hands began to tremble. The police did not want to take her into custody in case of any mishap, but they sentenced her to one year in a forced labor camp before they released her.

At the time of this writing, Ms. Jiang Shuhong and Ms. Nie Hongli had been sent to a detention center where they were forced to serve 15 days of detention. The police from Yunxi Police Station are attempting to extend their incarceration.

The Police Roster of Jiaozhou Public Security Bureau:

Jin Ruimo, Police Chief: 86-13606397218 (Mobile)
Tang Longwen, Deputy Police Chief: 86-13606306367 (Mobile)
Gao Yuhui, Deputy Police Chief: 86-13708952668 (Mobile)
Song Jianlin, Deputy Police Chief: 86-13953217077 (Mobile)
Li Shujun, Deputy Police Chief: 86-13606307877 (Mobile)
An Zhendong, Deputy Police Chief: 86-15866860052 (Mobile)
Song Tonglie, Deputy Police Chief: 86-13506425651 (Mobile)
Wang Junhe, Deputy Police Chief: 86-13573253767 (Mobile)
Sun Junhua, Deputy Police Chief: 86-13806427996 (Mobile)
Jiang Limin, Deputy Police Chief: 86-13969826591 (Mobile)
Li Jianxun, Deputy Police Chief: 86-13606306677 (Mobile)
Zhou Zhaoqi, Deputy Police Chief: 86-13505321518 (Mobile)

Jiaozhou 610 Office: 86-532-8228807

Xue Yubin, Chairman: 86-532-82288570 (Office), 86-532-87220886 (Home), 86-15138860699 (Cell)
Jian Yunfei, Deputy Chairman: 86-532-82288073 (Office), 86-13780699969 (Cell)