Mr. Zhang Qiuke from Dehui City, Jilin Province Arrested; Circumstances of Other Practitioners
Name: Zhang Qiuke (张求科)
Address: Road Maintenance Section family compound in Xiwudao Street, Dehui City, Jilin Province
Date of Most Recent Arrest: April 27, 2011
Most recent place of detention: Dehui City Detention Center (德惠市拘留所)
Persecution Suffered: Detention, home ransacked, physical abuse
(Clearwisdom.net) Dehui City Domestic Security Division officers broke into the home of Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Zhang Qiuke on April 27, 2011. They arrested him, took him to the Dehui City Police Department, and then transferred him to the city's detention center. Practitioner Mr. Wang Tianliang is also being held there. Two other practitioners were sentenced to forced labor and imprisonment. Other practitioners were able to escape the persecution.
Around 10 a.m. on April 27, 2011, Dehui City Domestic Security Division officers broke into Mr. Zhang Qiuke's home, ransacked it and confiscated two computers, two printers, and other personal belongings. They proceeded to take Mr. Zhang away, but he resisted the illegal arrest. Seven officers beat him so badly that his left eye was bloodshot, his eye socket was bruised, and his left wrist and arm were black and blue where the handcuffs cut into his flesh.
Afterwards, the police took Mr. Zhang to the Dehui City Police Department, and then transferred him to the Dehui City Detention Center.
Circumstances of the other practitioners from Dehui City who were recently arrested and detained:
1. Mr. Wang Tianliang from Yingxin Village was arrested by the police who had staked out the Heping residential area. He is currently held in the Dehui City Detention Center. It was learned that he has been sentenced to two years of forced labor.
2. Ms. Sun Liqing, in her 50s, was arrested and held in Changchun City. Dehui City Court officials sentenced her to two years in prison. She has been sent to the Heizuizi Prison in Changchun City. Detailed information will be investigated.
3. Mr. Xu Zhaorui from Nong'an City, who was held in the Dehui City Detention Center, was able to escape when he emptied the trash.
4. Mr. Li Jun from Shengyang Township was released due to the rescue efforts of his family and overseas practitioners.
5. Mr. Zhang Wei was transferred to the Dehui Custody Center; Mr. Lin Xiaoming is also there.
6. Dehui City police broke into the Shenghui Internet Cafe on Heping Road and attempted to arrest Ms. Xia Shanhong from Xiajiadian Township who worked part-time there. She avoided the arrest because she was not there at the time.
7. Mr. Jiang Xuefu and Zhang Yu are in the Jiutai City Custody Center and the Dehui City Custody Center. Detailed information is unknown and will be further investigated.
Parties responsible for the persecution:
Wang Hua'an, Police Department director: 86-43-87295998, 86-431-83261975, 86-15944060001
Chen Long, deputy head, 86-431-87979088
Dehui City Political and Judiciary Committee: 86-431-87221299
Dehui City 610 Office director: 86-431-87216610
Lin Yingchang, Political and Judiciary Committee director: 86-431-87229589, 86-431-87222659, 86-13364639488
Zhang Xiyou, Political and Judiciary Committee deputy director, also 610 Office head: 86-431-87221299, 86-13364633007
Zhang Qingchun, Dehui City Domestic Security Division director: 86-431-87292053, 86-431-87264567, 86-15904409842 86-13756399333
Zhao Yujie, Dehui City Domestic Security Division political director: 86-431-87292053, 86-15904409843
Liu Chao, Dehui City Detention Center director: 86-431-87272546, 86-87271008, 86-15947830008
Song Shize, Dehui City Detention Center political director: 86-431-87272546, 86-431-87235388, 86-15904414471
Chen Shusan, Dehui City Custody Center director: 86-431-87273438, 86-431-87212897, 86-15904414530
Li Hongyi, Dehui City Custody Center political director: 86-431-87260300, 86-15904414522