(Clearwisdom.net) I am a Falun Dafa practitioner from Macheng City in Hubei Province. I started practicing Falun Gong in 2007. Teacher said in Zhuan Falun:

"Once humankind’s conventional mentalities form a systematic way of working and thinking, new ideas are very difficult to accept.”

“If human beings are able to take a fresh look at themselves as well as the universe and change their rigid mentalities, humankind will make a leap forward."

Since we obtained Dafa books and put our hearts into practicing, there have been many miraculous things that have happened to my family and relatives. Here are a few examples that I'd like to share with my fellow practitioners.

My Son's Stomach Stopped Bleeding

In 2003, when my son was in his last year of high school, I noticed that he couldn't eat as much as before. As a result, he lost weight and didn't sleep very well. Before, after he finished night classes, he didn't watch TV. Later, he turned on the TV and watched until late at night after his night class. When I asked him to go to bed, he said that he couldn't fall asleep. He ended up sleeping only a couple of hours before he went back to school. After he came home from his night classes, he often held his stomach. I noticed blood in his stools, and he was losing weight.

I went to his school to tell his teacher that he would be absent, because I wanted to take him to the hospital. He didn't want to go, as he tended to be very stubborn. I said that, in that case, I'd call a doctor to our home to take a look at him. He didn't want me to call the doctor, either. He said that if the pain became too severe, he would go to a nearby clinic to get some painkillers. His uncle, who was studying overseas, called to ask how he was doing with his studies. I then told him what was going on with my son. His uncle was very surprised and said, "It sounds like his stomach is bleeding!" His uncle had studied Chinese medicine at home and was now doing ulcer research. I became very worried and said, "He insists that he won't go to the hospital. What can I do?" He said, "It's fine if he doesn't want to go to the hospital, because if he did, they would have to do surgery." I then asked, "Does this have anything to do with his father's disease?" (His dad died of stomach cancer in 1996.) He replied, "I am not really sure." I was under tremendous pressure and felt that I might collapse.

I searched anxiously for some way to help him. I talked to almost all of my relatives. In the end, I went to his aunt and uncle’s home. His uncle said, "Don't be too worried. I heard that the book Zhuan Falun, that his aunty reads, is written by a Master by the last name of Li who really knows how to heal illnesses."

The next day, his aunt brought us a copy of Zhuan Falun and gave it to my son. After that, she came to our home every other day and told my son to recite, "Master Li is wonderful! Truth-Compassion-Forbearance is wonderful! Falun Dafa is wonderful!" She told him to recite it a few dozen times a day whenever he found time. She also gave my son an amulet with words about the goodness of Dafa. My son was very pleased. He took the amulet from her and put it around his neck right away. After he started reading the book, his condition improved every day. His appetite returned and he was able to sleep again. His complexion became fair again, as well. Since then, he has been able to eat everything, as if he had never had any stomach problems.

Even though my son was healed and his aunt said that we should be grateful to Teacher Li, I was not convinced. I thought that, without medication or injections, just reading a book couldn't heal an illness. I was afraid that he had just healed naturally. Now, thinking back, I am so sorry for discounting Teacher's saving grace! My son was so sick, and I witnessed myself that he did not take any medication. He truly was healed after just reading the book – and yet I still didn't believe it. It was me being truly stubborn.

All My Illnesses Got Healed

One morning in early spring of 2007, I was on my way to work. Suddenly, I felt that my body was shaking. On my way home, I had the feeling again. After dinner, I vomited a lot. My daughter and son-in-law took me to a clinic to check my blood pressure. It was 200 over 120. After that, I began to take injections at home and returned to work only after three days of rest. After I was back to work, my blood pressure again went up. I had to see a specialist at one of the main hospitals in the county. Tests showed that my blood pressure kept going up and down. After six months, my health deteriorated. My colleagues said to me that they suspected it was not solely a problem of high blood pressure, but rather that something was wrong with me internally. They all suggested I go to a well-known hospital to have a thorough check-up.

It was not until June that my daughter found the time to go with me to have the check-up. Test results showed that there were cysts of various sizes in my liver; there was a polyp in my gallbladder; there were many cysts from the beginning to the end of my pancreas; and there was an ulcer in my kidney. My stomach had second degree erosions. Most serious was the fluid between my liver, stomach, and pancreas. At that time, I was diagnosed by five divisions. After they saw the results, the specialists from those divisions all said that, given the fluid, there must be ulcers coupled with it. However, they couldn't reach a definite conclusion until the fluid was extracted and examined. Also, because the location of this fluid was rather complicated, extracting some of it required that they pierce either my liver, stomach, or pancreas. They also wanted to have me hospitalized. When my daughter and son-in-law wanted to fill out the paperwork for hospitalization, I insisted on not being hospitalized. This worried my daughter, but I refused to change my mind. After what had happened to my husband, who had endured three major operations that cost us a lot of money but he still died, I insisted on going home. They started talking about using Chinese medicine to treat me. So, right away, they bought Chinese medicines costing over 3,000 yuan from the provincial hospital, plus medication for treating high blood pressure.

During the October holidays, my daughter had three vacation days, so she took me for a second check-up. My blood pressure remained high. They did a CT scan, and the fluid had not gone away, either. The same specialists reached an agreement, saying that I should hurry up and get the recommended surgeries. They told my daughter, "If she doesn't receive the treatment in time, her life will be in danger." I still insisted that I would not be operated on and said, "Even though you filled out all the paperwork, that can't change my mind. I still want to go home." They had to give up and bought a lot of Chinese and Western medicine for me to take home.

In April 2008, my husband's brother heard of someone's relative who was a very well-known doctor. We brought them many gifts and asked them to take us to see him. After all kinds of treatment, the fluid still did not disappear. That professor said, "Given your situation, you need to be hospitalized and be operated on. Otherwise, you will be at high risk." I told him about my situation and he sympathized with me. I said, "I have to see what I can do." After that, it took him quite some time to write out four prescriptions for me. I thanked him and left the hospital. This time I made up my mind that I would not buy even one pill.

Only at this time did I recall my son's bleeding stomach. I also remembered what my son's aunt had said: "It does not matter whether you believe it or not, you should read this book first. It won't cost you a penny." After I got home, although I was not very firm in Dafa cultivation, I started practicing Falun Gong.

I stopped taking all of my medications. Nor did I have any check-ups. Rather, I read Zhuan Falun every day. At the beginning, I couldn't calm my mind. All sorts of ideas would pop up. Or I would easily fall asleep soon after I began to read the book. This was in spite of my not being sleepy at all before starting to read. Later, I asked a fellow practitioners about this and was told that it was interference. Through their help, combined with the increasing number of times that I read the book, I began to experience a feeling of wellbeing beyond description. I later went to the hospital for an exam. They investigated all my prior ailments, such as high blood pressure, both hands being numb, aching back, feeling bloated, neck problems, migraines, polyps, cysts, ulcers, etc. They could not find any sign of them. The great transformation of my body made me truly come to understand the Fa on a deeper and deeper level. I have been gradually assimilating to Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. After a few years, under Teacher's protection, I became energetic and my complexion became rosy. After seeing the changes in me, several people who know me also began to practice Falun Gong.

My Sister-in-Law Regained Her Life

All of my sister-in-law's family—her husband, daughter and son—worked out of town. My sister-in-law washed clothes and cooked for others for living. In August 2008, her uterus suddenly started bleeding. She was diagnosed at the provincial hospital and was told that she had late-stage uterine cancer, and that it was too late for surgery. She had to go through chemotherapy, which cost her more than 60,000 yuan. After she was discharged from the hospital, the doctor said to her family that if she had a relapse, they saw little chance of her recovering and would not admit her.

In July 2009, my sister-in-law had a relapse, and, as she was told, the provincial hospital refused to admit her, so she headed back to the hospital in her county for treatment. They gave her chemotherapy. As a result, her hair completely fell out and she became emaciated. Twenty days later, she couldn't take any injections. After that, she couldn't eat for ten days nor move her bowels. The doctors asked her family to take her home and to prepare for her funeral. They said that her stomach had stopped functioning. They also said that she would only live for about another 15 days.

At the end of August, my sister-in-law was discharged from the hospital. Seeing that, my sister-in-law's sister-in-law spoke with her about me. She told her that I was healed by reading Zhuan Falun and asked her to give a try.

My sister-in-law's will to live was very strong. She was only 46 years old and had three kids. Her daughter was married, but her two sons were still young. Right away she asked her sister-in-law to get a copy of the book for her. I was afraid that if she had an attachment to her illness, and if things didn't work out the way she wanted, it would affect the reputation of Dafa, so I went to talk to her sister-in-law. When I saw her, I told her about the preciousness of Dafa. My sister-in-law said, "I want to read this book." Even though her voice was very weak, it sounded firm. The next day, I brought her the book. She wanted to stand up and take the book herself, but she couldn't. I put the book into her hands and she started reading it right away. The next day, I came to see her. She said to me in tears, "I haven't had a bowel movement for so long, how come I have so much blood in my stool?!" I said to her cheerfully, "Wonderful, truly wonderful! Teacher is taking care of you!" She said, "You are smiling, I was so scared that I cried. My neighbors all came over!" A few days later, my sister and I went to see her again. She said, "There many red, stone-like substances in my stool. When they hit the toilet, I could hear them." I said to her, "Teacher is so benevolent. He made your intestines, which had become stiff and immobile, function again." After my sister walked out the door with me, she said, "It looks like she can’t last more than a few days." I said, "She is very sincere. Teacher only looks at people's hearts. I'm sure there will be miracles happening to her!" My sister couldn't believe what I said and replied, "If she does get well, then I'll practice Falun Gong!" A couple of days later, I went to see my sister-in-law again, and she ate some rice soup. Her condition improved day by day, and she could now walk out of her room.

About three weeks later, I went to see her again and she wanted to learn the five exercises. I took the instruction DVD to her home. She didn't have a DVD player, but she had a relative who had a DVD player whose home was almost a mile away. I said that I'd go there and borrow the DVD player for her. She didn't want to borrow it, because she was afraid of breaking it. She then decided to go there herself and watch it there. I was stunned and asked her, "Can you really walk that far?"

She insisted, and I was moved by her steadfastness. Sure enough, she made it to her relative's home. While watching the DVD, she followed along with the exercise movements. After that, she headed home. That afternoon, her sister-in-law went to her home. She was calling her name outside the door but got no response. The next day, her sister-in-law returned and asked why she was in such a deep sleep that she hadn't heard her calling for her from outside. She then started to tell her where she had gone the day before. Her sister-in-law couldn't believe that she had walked that far and back, still so weak and pale. However, this is really what happened. Who could say that this was not the miraculousness of Dafa?

My sister-in-law is very sincere. Teacher only looks at one's heart and, therefore, the miraculous effects were displayed in her. By January 2009, she looked as if she had never had any illness. When her son wanted to buy a computer in the province, she took the bus there and back to buy a computer for him. Her story made my sister believe in Dafa and she eventually became a practitioner as well.