(Clearwisdom.net) During the ongoing 12-year persecution of Falun Gong, Yangmahe Women's Prison in Jianyang City, Sichuan Province, has tortured practitioners both physically and mentally in an attempt to "transform" them, often resulting in their deaths. Poisonous drugs have also been used. Practitioners have been tortured to near death and then taken home, or their families ordered to pick them up when they are “bailed out on medical parole.” These victims may die soon after returning home or within a short time. One prison chief said openly and repeatedly to practitioners, “If you do not 'transform,' we will make it worse for you to live than if you were dead. We won't let you die here or in the hospital—we will let you die at home, so no one can hold us responsible.”


Sichuan Province Women's Prison in Yangmahe Town, Jianyang

At least nine practitioners have died this way. More cases are yet to be exposed.

1. Ms. Li Yuhua lived in Yancheng Town, Jiajiang County, Leshan City. She went to Beijing to clarify the truth about Falun Dafa in December 2000, and was arrested and sentenced to 18 months of forced labor. She was taken to Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp, located in Zizhong County. She was forced to stand for long periods of time and not allowed to use the restroom. She was sentenced to another two years of forced labor in mid-July 2003, which she also served in Nanmusi Forced Labor Camp. During the second forced labor sentence she was beaten by several guards and prisoners, causing severe injuries.

On March 11, 2006, officer Gao Shiwei and others ransacked her home and then arrested her. She was sentenced for a third time to three years of forced labor. This time she was sent to Yangmahe Forced Labor Camp. Ms. Li endured severe torture and was on the verge of death just because she firmly held to her belief in Dafa. The camp administration feared she would die in custody and ordered her family to pick her up on June 16, 2009, declaring that they would not be responsible for whatever happened to her afterward. Only five days after Ms. Li returned home she died, on June 21, 2009. (See http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2009/8/14/110018.html)

2. Ms. Lin Lisha, 51, lived near Xiangxiang Street in Leshan City, Sichuan Province. In mid-October 2005, Ms. Lin was arrested again while clarifying the truth at the Zhong District Court. The police had her sentenced to five years in prison and detained her in Yangmahe Women's Prison. By late June 2009, Ms. Lin had been abused so much that she was unrecognizable. The prison administration returned her to her family to avoid taking responsibility for her condition, and she died only a few days after being released. (See http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2009/7/8/109013.html)

Ms. Lin Lisha

3. Ms. Hu Guifang, in her 70s, lived in Caochi Town in Jianyang. She endured years of persecution and developed symptoms of serious illness. After the persecution started on July 20, 1999, Ms. Hu was held in Nanmusi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Ziyang. She was later transferred to the Yangmahe Forced Labor Camp, where she was injected with an unknown substance. She was released only because her life was in imminent danger. After she returned home, she lost sight in both eyes. Whenever she ate, she passed out. She never regained control of her bladder and bowels. She passed away in December 2010. (See http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2011/2/9/123151.html)

Torture demonstration: Injection of unknown poisonous drug

4. Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Yang Zhengbi, 54, lived in the Dongxing District, Neijiang City, Sichuan Province. In July 2001, Domestic Security Division leader Huang Junzhong (male) and other officers arrested Ms. Yang again. They detained her in the district detention center. They ransacked her home, took her Falun Dafa books, and transferred her to the Neijiang City Detention Center. An arrest warrant was issued after detaining her for a month, and she was sentenced to four years in prison. She was taken to Yangmahe Prison. Ms. Yang was tortured in the prison and labor camp and put in the detention center many times. She could not even find peace in her own home. She was mentally, physically, and financially devastated. She died on November 6, 2007. (See http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2007/12/1/91774.html)

5. Ms. Ye Zhanfen, in her 60s, lived in Qionglai City (under the administration of Chengdu City) in Sichuan Province. On June 5, 2001, she was sentenced to five years in prison and taken to Yangmahe Women's Prison. She was tortured relentlessly both mentally and physically because she refused to accept the brainwashing. She had blood in her stool the entire time. She was released in 2005, but local 610 Office agents still harassed her and she could not live in peace. She died in March 2008. (See http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2008/4/22/96622.html)

6. Ms. Mao Kaiming, 56, lived in Xichang City, Sichuan Province. She was arrested and sent to forced labor four times. Eight practitioners from Xichang, including Ms. Mao, were arrested by National Security agents on May 26, 2005, while they were distributing copies of the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party and explaining the facts of the persecution in remote Leibo County. The Leibo County Court held a secret trial and illegally sentenced Ms. Mao to three years in prison in December 2005. She was held in the First Ward of the Yangmahe Women's Prison, where she was savagely tortured. She would not give up Dafa and never cooperated with the officials' debased demands. Ms. Mao had difficulty breathing and coughed constantly in July and August 2006. Her stomach, hands, and feet became swollen, and she could not squat to use the restroom. She was incontinent at times. The prison authorities sent her back to the Leibo County 610 Office when she was near death, and agents from the 610 Office turned her over to her son. Despite her condition, officials from Yangmahe Women's Prison encouraged Leibo County National Security agents to frequently harass her and her son. The family lived in fear and stress. As a result, Ms. Mao never recovered. She passed away at 9:00 p.m. on August 20, 2007. (See http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2007/8/30/89079.html)

7. Ms. Luo Yingjie, 77, was a retired teacher, formerly employed by the Qingyang District Education Bureau, and lived in the teachers' complex located in Jiuliti Community in the Jinniu District, Chengdu, Sichuan Province. She was secretly sentenced to four years in prison in April 2004, when she was 72 years old. She served the term in Yangmahe Women's Prison. She was released in June 2007. The long-term mental torture ruined her health. She clarified the truth to her roommate, even right before she died on January 9, 2009. (See http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2009/1/17/103982.html)

8. Ms. Chen Wen'ai, 61, lived in Leshan City, Sichuan Province. She was arrested multiple times because she persisted in her belief in Falun Dafa, and she was sentenced to six and a half years in prison after she was arrested on May 25, 2005. Ms. Chen was detained in Yangmahe Women's Prison. The prison administration released her in late July 2007 because she was dying as a result of the brutal mistreatment. Ms. Chen never recovered and died on February 24, 2008.

Ms. Chen made public her account of the persecution to which she was subjected before being arrested for the last time in May 2005. Details at http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2005/5/29/102866.html A summary can be found at: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2008/3/16/95411.html.

9. Ms. Meng Xiao, a college graduate, was a 37-year-old employee/division head at the Chengdu Steel Factory. After being brutally tortured, force-fed, tied up, and injected with poisonous drugs, Ms. Meng died between January 8 and January 12, 2004, in Jintang County, Chengdu.

On April 22, 2000, Ms. Meng was sent to Yangmahe Women's Prison and detained in solitary confinement numerous times for a very long time because she did the Dafa exercises and upheld her belief. The authorities and inmates beat her on countless occasions, and also dragged her down the stairway, shocked her with electric batons, tied her with ropes, threw her outside during the winter while she was wearing only thin clothes, and suspended her handcuffed with her hands behind her back to a window frame for several days and nights. On November 19, 2003, she was arrested in Jintang County and was later tortured to death. The details of her torture are being investigated. (See http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/1/27/44467.html)


Torture demonstration: Force-feeding