(Clearwisdom.net) The Liaoning Provincial Women's Prison is subjecting illegally detained Falun Gong practitioners to forced labor. The practitioners are forced to start work at 6:00 a.m., and work until 11:00 p.m., and sometimes even 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. the next morning. They are forced to work up to 17-20 hours per day. Practitioners are also subjected to brainwashing.

The first brigade in the prison is called the “devil's brigade” by the prisoners. The instructor, Wang Jian, and team leaders Ying Hong and Li Zhe use the other prisoners to persecute practitioners. In order to try to make practitioners give up their beliefs, the prison guards tell the inmates to monitor practitioners and also tie the prisoners' sentence term reductions to how many practitioners they “transform.” Wang Jian and team leader Ying Hong forced practitioner Guo Ying from Liaoyang to watch videotapes that slandered Falun Dafa. They also incited the prisoners who were sent to watch Guo Ying to beat her and not allow her to sleep. Guo Ying went on hunger strike and refused to wear the prisoner clothing in protest of the persecution against her. The prison then put her into solitary confinement.

Prison guards persecuted practitioners Liu Shuyuan from Tieling and Wang Yuqin from Anshan by brainwashing them, forcing them to stand outside for extended periods in the cold of winter and denying them use of the restroom. Liu Shuyuan's body was badly injured. She published a “solemn declaration” to void the repentance letter she had been coerced to write before and to promise to cultivate in Falun Dafa firmly. Guards Wang Jian, Ying Hong and Li Zhe brutally tortured her as a result.

Guards Wang Jian and Ying Hong forced practitioner Liu Liwei from Tieling to watch a brainwashing video tape because she did not give up her belief in Falun Dafa. They denied Liu Liwei sleep every day and incited prisoner Tao Chunxue and others to beat her. Liu Liwei's entire body was black and blue from the beatings. In the cold of winter, the prisoners stripped off Liu Liwei's clothes, leaving only her underwear, and dragged her to the yard and made her stay out in the freezing cold. Prisoner Tao Chunxue's sentence was reduced by guards Wang Jian and Ying Hong because she actively persecuted practitioners. In 2004, Liu Liwei published a solemn declaration to void the repentance letter she wrote under duress, and to promise to cultivate in Falun Dafa firmly. She was persecuted by guard Li Zhe and others again.

Practitioner Wang Sufang from Fushun was attacked by a group of prisoners organized by guards Wang Jian and Ying Hong. They attempted to brainwash her and did not allow her to take showers. Wang Sufang wrote truth-clarifying articles to expose the videotapes that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) used to slander Falun Gong. Guard Ying Hong forced her to stand for a long time. Ying Hong also incited the prisoners to beat Wang Sufang. In September 2004, Wang Sufang wrote a solemn declaration vowing she would firmly cultivate in Falun Dafa. She also explained the facts about Falun Dafa to the prisoners. Team leader Li Zhe incited the prisoners to attack Wang Sufang. Li Zhe then transferred a convicted murderer, Yu Xiuqin, from the mental hospital and convict Liu Lixin who was known as “big bad” by other prisoners. Liu Lixin put poison into a Falun Gong practitioner's food and used a needle to stab the practitioner, causing the practitioner to bleed from her eyes, nose, ears and mouth.

Under Li Zhe and Wang Jian's orders, prisoners Yu Xiuqin and Liu Lixin tortured Wang Sufang and deprived her of sleep. At night, they forced Wang Sufang to read CCP propaganda. Liu Lixin used a baton to beat Wang Sufang while Yu Xiuqin kicked her. They also beat Wang Sufang down to the ground in the workshop in front of everyone. Wang Sufang went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution against her. Li Zhe ordered the prisoners to force-feed her, and she even did it herself on occasion.

Practitioner Fang Huiyun from Fushun City firmly persisted in her belief in Falun Dafa. Wang Jian and Li Zhe incited prisoner Su Li to drag Fang Huiyun to the water room and brutally beat her, which caused fractures in her legs. Even under this situation, Su Li still beat Fang Huiyun many times. Fang Huiyun's feet were swollen, and black and purple. She developed femoral head necrosis due to the abuse, which resulted in her becoming disabled. Fang Huiyun reported to Li Zhe about the beatings she suffered. Li Zhe asked if any of the prisoners saw Fang Huiyun being beaten. The prisoners all said “no.” Li Zhe said she could not do anything if no one saw it. Su Li tortured Fang Huiyun, causing her leg to become disabled. Instead of being punished, Su Li was praised and rewarded in a prison meeting by Wang Jian.

Practitioner Zhao Junfang, a Chinese medicine physician, has not given up her belief in Falun Dafa. Li Zhe incited the prisoners to beat her during the night. In the daytime, prisoners Zhang Yingchun and Zhu Yajing dragged Zhao Junfang to the storage room and brutally beat her. Zhao Junfang called out for help. When she came out, her face was bloody and her leg was injured. Wang Sufang wrote an article with details of the beatings Zhao Junfang suffered at the hands of the prisoners and sent it to Xia Ru, captain of the first brigade.